What do you like about Concierge Class?

Cruisy McGee

The pillow menu. We always ask for the isotoner pillows. The locations.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Very few have actually found a pillow menu at all...or even know there is a choice of pillows available...

I have never had a problem getting a foam pillow in a 1A cabin....of course, maybe I've been lucky.

Thanks for the info. This is our first Concierge Cabin (M-Class - Summit). Just wondered how much variety you are offered for lunch in the dining room. My husband loves the buffet - I would rather be able to sit and eat without dragging my carryon about.

Always felt cc is a big missed opportunity for X.

Some current percs are nice (especially embarkation luncheon), but not enough to justify paying much above veranda. Given X's endless quest for revenue they should add some real benefits which would allow them to price cc midway between veranda and ss.

You have all given me some good feedback.

We have a 1A that is 3rd off the hump - can't get 1st and, from my reading here, third is next best. The C2 I've got my eye on is in the exact same location, one deck up, so still the larger balcony.

There is VERY little price difference between CC and AQ. I considered AQ for Blu and the Persian Garden - another thing I think DH would enjoy. My concern is location. As I said, I've done quite a bit of reading of Cruise Critic and I don't love the balconies with the overhang from the pool deck in the pictures I've seen. That would leave me with a regular AQ balcony near the aft in order to get a location with another room above us. The actual aft AQs are booked.

Don't I wish I could swing a suite this time?! Once I get these kids through college.... :D

We have a 1A that is 3rd off the hump - can't get 1st and, from my reading here, third is next best.

In terms of balcony size, 3rd is just as good as 1st. 1st and 3rd off the hump are the best, 2nd and 4th next best.

Mike

Location. Deck 7 aft balconies on the M-Class are way, way bigger than Deck 11 AQ balconies and have less movement and less noise too! AQ is hundreds less for our upcoming cruise but I wouldn't change the location for all that extra savings.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

Thanks for the info. This is our first Concierge Cabin (M-Class - Summit). Just wondered how much variety you are offered for lunch in the dining room. My husband loves the buffet - I would rather be able to sit and eat without dragging my carryon about.

There's not a lot of variety. I think there were 3 main courses. I found a pasta one I liked and DH chose some kind of beef dish. Nothing fascinating, but it filled the void.

Celebrity has never, as far as I know, had a dedicated concierge for concierge class.....each ship has one concierge and they handle all requests from the entire ship.

We had one for CC on the Equinox last November. She called our cabin twice during our cruise to check on us and also helped us with an issue with disembark.

Very few have actually found a pillow menu at all...or even know there is a choice of pillows available...

I was aware that concierge class provided pillow options, but I thought they were just different pillows already in the stateroom. Is there actually a 'menu' or selection list we can ask our stateroom attendant for?

I was aware that concierge class provided pillow options, but I thought they were just different pillows already in the stateroom. Is there actually a 'menu' or selection list we can ask our stateroom attendant for?

Yes, there actually is a menu,occasionally in the celebrity binder in your cabin. They have hard/soft/foam/body and one other.

Sometimes there is an actual list, sometimes not. Just ask your stateroom attendant what your options are.

Mike

The words "pillow menu" bring to mind a written menu with choices listed. Although I have read on other threads that this paper list exists, I have never seen it. There is however, a choice other than what is already in the room. We always ask for the molded memory foam pillows and have always had them provided. There are several other choices as well. Just ask your stateroom attendant. Sweet dreams!

The words "pillow menu" bring to mind a written menu with choices listed. Although I have read on other threads that this paper list exists, I have never seen it. There is however, a choice other than what is already in the room. We always ask for the molded memory foam pillows and have always had them provided. There are several other choices as well. Just ask your stateroom attendant. Sweet dreams!

Thank you: Mandream, ghstudio and Luvcrusn. Cant believe I never thought to ask. Molded memory foam, wow. Can't wait. [emoji42]

My previous cruise was my first in a "regular" cabin on Celebrity. It was a 1A in a great location on the hump, but I'll book Concierge or higher when I can afford it.

I missed the big fluffy towels and bathrobe. I disliked the waffle robe enough to consider packing my own robe next time. The shower head wasn't as nice, but was OK. I missed the bottle of bubbly and the savory hors d'oeuvres (yes, I actually like them). I used the second balcony chair as a footstool. Kinda awkward, but doable.

Not planning on booking Aqua for now. Think dining solo in Blu would be depressing.

I've been booking concierge since I got a good deal last cruise. Want the points for next 3 cruises to get to next level. Then I booked a 1A for a 2019 cruise. After reading this thread, I checked prices and for $200.00 more pp decided to upgrade to a C2 in a decent location. It's a 19 night transpacific and it occurred to me that 19 days without a footstool on the balcony would be sad. I know, boo hoo. But I also like getting daily fruit and fluffy robes. Did not know about the pillow menu so will check it out in May.

Yes the expanded room service menu is for concierge too, we always use it. Upgraded bathe amenities and fluffy robes and a better shower head also

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

We're leaving in 2 weeks and are doing concierge class. Can you tell me exactly what bath amenities are included? I would like to cut down on packing. Thanks!

We're leaving in 2 weeks and are doing concierge class. Can you tell me exactly what bath amenities are included? I would like to cut down on packing. Thanks!

Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion, shower cap, cotton balls, quality tips as well as regular soap.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Celebrity has never, as far as I know, had a dedicated concierge for concierge class.....each ship has one concierge and they handle all requests from the entire ship.

Perhaps in the past. Can't speak to when it changed, but according to Celebrity's own web-site:

Services

•NEW Dedicated Onboard Concierge desk

• NEW Concierge availability during pier check-in

Edited by cdn_tbird

Just off the Silhouette. I was is a C2. The concierge had a desk in the library and was very visible every day. She was at the welcome lunch in the MDR greeting everyone and assisting with reservations.

Most people did not take advantage of her service. I got her assistance with booking some specialty dinners for a group and booking a shore excursion. Could I have done it without her? Sure, but it was awfully nice to just take 5 minutes after our welcome lunch and make all the arrangements for my group instead of standing in three lines, and fighting for a spot at ocean view.

She also hosted a sail-away on the helipad for those in CC. It was a nice unexpected perk. I think celebrity is trying to do more of the special experiences for concierge class to make it more appealing.

We also got her to print our boarding passes on the last day.

None of the perks on their own are worth much, but when you start putting them all together, they do make things just a little nicer and worth a couple $ more then a regular room.