Is daily bottled water really a full suite perk now?

wildfan2k

On Princess.com, the Suite 'Stateroom Features' for every Princess ship now says "One complimentary mini-bar setup and free daily bottled water".

Can someone recently back from a full suite cruise please confirm?

I don't want to pre-order bottled water if we don't need to.

Thanks.

Hopefully someone that just sailed in a suite will come back to answer. The 'suite benefits' language has just been updated (the link to the previous document appears to have been removed).

But my guess is that the 'free daily bottled water' will be the 1.5 liter bottle that is in every cabin upon embarkation but outside of suites will be charged for if opened. And that size is what you are given if you choose to trade your entire mini-bar for water. So if you wish to have a number of 500 ml bottles to carry around you probably still need to order the water package.

Hopefully someone that just sailed in a suite will come back to answer. The 'suite benefits' language has just been updated (the link to the previous document appears to have been removed).

But my guess is that the 'free daily bottled water' will be the 1.5 liter bottle that is in every cabin upon embarkation but outside of suites will be charged for if opened. And that size is what you are given if you choose to trade your entire mini-bar for water. So if you wish to have a number of 500 ml bottles to carry around you probably still need to order the water package.

There was a reference on this on Post #5 on this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2451999

I just copied this from princess.com under suite perks; nothing vague or ambiguous about this:

•One complimentary mini-bar setup and free daily bottled water

I'm going to make a copy and take it with me on my next cruise just in case there is any resistance to providing this.

It's included on ships where Club Class has been rolled out. Just returned from Ruby and had pre-ordered 3 packs of water, not realising we would also have daily deliveries included. Ended up awash with it!

It was 2 of the 500ml bottles each day and was actually purified water rather than mineral. However, was perfectly okay.

We had a full suite on the Emerald last month.

Received 2 bottles of water each night on top of the usual mini bar set-up.

However - we noticed he only changed them if they were used (ie, if one was still there, he only added one. If two where still there, no more were added), so we started hiding them in the cupboard each morning to make sure they both got replaced.

I would just print it out and take it with me. If it wasn't honored onboard I would take it up with the Captain's Circle Host. It's not an issue for us as we are too poor to cruise in a suite but I tend to take a promise as binding. Call me old fashioned but my word is good and I think the corporate word should be good as well.

Hi all. I was on the Regal Princess last week in a suite. Yes. We received 2 bottles of water a day in addition to the package we had purchased. :)

Thanks for the info everyone. We're on the Regal in April, so it looks like we should be good for bottled water. :)

The plot thickens. When we left for a May 2016 Alaskan cruise on the Island the full suite perks PDF included daily water and same day laundry. We were in a full suite. As I always print everything and bring it, I was able to show this to the manager when he responded to our complaint that our steward was confused and did not bring us the water. The manager actually took a photo of the PDF and said he'd never seen this before. But he had the water sent (1.5 L bottle).

We had a full suite on the Island, January 4-19, 2017, and the daily water was no longer on the suite perks PDF but same day laundry was. We did not get water on this cruise but we still got our same day laundry.

Now I see the PDF has the water back on it BUT the free laundry perk has changed and no longer says "same day", it's just "free laundry ". The free laundry has been same day for our last two suites and we really enjoyed that.

I leave Feb 28,2017 for a 10 day cruise on the Grand in yet another full suite. I printed the PDF of perks offered as of the day I made my final payment and it still included same day laundry but did not have daily water. I am going to insist on the same day laundry. I don't care about the water, it's cheap. I use $125-$160 of same day laundry per week so this is by far the more important perk.

It seems from these posts that Princess is very inconsistent from ship to ship regarding their FS perks. However I have found the crew to be incredibly accommodating especially once shown a printout of the perks menu.

It seems from these posts that Princess is very inconsistent from ship to ship regarding their FS perks. However I have found the crew to be incredibly accommodating especially once shown a printout of the perks menu.

Inconsistent from ship to ship in the fleet? Surely you jest! :D

• 1 year later...

We just came home from the Crown staying in s full suite. The Princess@Sea website still shows free water each night. Had to tell the room steward each day, either in person or with a note. Otherwise, no water. We used the bottled water for excursions and going to the gym, refused to pay $2 per bottle.

On Princess.com, the Suite 'Stateroom Features' for every Princess ship now says "One complimentary mini-bar setup and free daily bottled water".

Can someone recently back from a full suite cruise please confirm?

I don't want to pre-order bottled water if we don't need to.

Thanks.

We just returned from a Crown Princess Cruise to the Mediterranean and I was surprised with the in room daily free bottled water.

We just returned from a Caribbean cruise on the Caribbean Princess. While it is nice to have "complimentary" water, we had pre-purchased water because 1 bottle a day would not be enough for us. When we were almost finished with our water package I asked about our complimentary water. I could only get water for the remaining days (2) because we did not use our water. I guess if you also want your complimentary water, you have to use it and hide your purchased water. I love Princess, but was a little disappointed.