Cheaper Prices Today for Internet & Refreshment Package!

I feel that there is a bit of a con job happening (probably an Australian thing).

I have just received an email advertising the 4 day sale. I checked the deluxe drinks package, and there is no difference in costings (currently $66.93Au/day), even though the email states that there is "up to a 10% discount on deluxe and refreshment".

I cannot help but feel that the Australian market is seen as just a cash cow for RCCL.

The certainly isn't any consistency with RCC pricing at all. Often UK prices are far more expensive but at the same time like my upcoming cruise they are not...in fact we are cheaper than anywhere else I have looked

Currently on this offer it seems we are getting the same deal as the US except with a less than generous exchange rate i.e. knock a couple more cents off a pound value.

However one issue that does differ seems to be terms. From reading on here if the is a price drop you can usually change cabins quite easily. My current cabin D1 is now the same price as a junior suite...thought I would try for an upgrade expecting to pay some degree of difference just under £2000 they wanted for a cabin that costs the same as what I paid.

That said the current deals do look good so will be purchasing this weekend. Noticed this morning the banners saying % reduction have been removed and the is now just the countdown clock at the top.

It seems to be a little cheaper for a few excursions. The price of the Dragon's Breath Thing seems cheaper in Haiti, and the ATV thing that I would like to do in Cozumel seems a little cheaper at $64. Thanks!

Our Floating Beach Mat in Haiti is $3 cheaper than when we bought it... It is now $16 instead of $19.

Bought Voom Surf and Stream package for one device for our March sailing on Harmony. A question: when it says one device, does that mean I am limited to using Voom on only my iPad, or can I switch between my iPhone and iPad, provided that I am using only one of those devices at a time?

It seems to be a little cheaper for a few excursions. The price of the Dragon's Breath Thing seems cheaper in Haiti, and the ATV thing that I would like to do in Cozumel seems a little cheaper at $64. Thanks!

Our Floating Beach Mat in Haiti is $3 cheaper than when we bought it... It is now $16 instead of $19.

Think we need to get these sorted now as well..thanks :)

Bought Voom Surf and Stream package for one device for our March sailing on Harmony. A question: when it says one device, does that mean I am limited to using Voom on only my iPad, or can I switch between my iPhone and iPad, provided that I am using only one of those devices at a time?

You can only have one device logged in at a time but you can log in on any device you want. My DH and I get a single, one device package that we share, using our iphones and kindles.

Wow! Adventure deluxe package is actually on sale this time. It's been $46 (technically "on sale") since the deluxe package was released, but with this current sale it is down to $40/day.

With such a port intensive itinerary I think it should be closer to $36-$38, but $40 is pretty reasonable. I am tempted to buy it, but know I won't get use out if it every day at that price, but if anyone is sailing Adventure this summer and want that package I'd check the planner and see if your sailing is $40 (or less) too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on the Adventure in June of this year and the deluxe package is $40/day. My question is this - does this include the gratuity or will it be added and at what rate. In the past it's been 15%, but somewhere I saw that it's now 18%.

OK, I went into my booking and saw the breakdown of the deluxe beverage package. It showed the package is $280.00 plus a "service charge" of $50.40. Is this service charge the gratuity? That brings the total to $330.40.

Edited by lakemurraykid

We are on the Adventure in June of this year and the deluxe package is $40/day. My question is this - does this include the gratuity or will it be added and at what rate. In the past it's been 15%, but somewhere I saw that it's now 18%.

OK, I went into my booking and saw the breakdown of the deluxe beverage package. It showed the package is $280.00 plus a "service charge" of $50.40. Is this service charge the gratuity? That brings the total to $330.40.

Yes. That service charge is the 18% gratuity. Generally the price quoted is the price before gratuities. When you complete your purchase the gratuity is added on. I say generally because there was one time only where the advertised daily price included the gratuity.

When you use your package there is no further gratuity added to the drink - unless you choose to add one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is an 18% gratuity that will be added to the $40, so the $330.40 price you see is the final price you pay. I like that $280 number better, but $330 isn't bad.

On our sailing, allure 2/19, we saved almost $100 on our 2 excursions. We saved on Voom steam for ds about $20 since booking. I ended up picking up Voom steam for dh with the savings. Giovanni's is $24 pp. the nonacoholic is also $18 and saved there for dh. ::)

Just booked the VOOM Surf + Stream for 1 device for our August Oasis cruise for $7.99/day.

I checked some other items:

Chops - still $42

Giovanni's - $24

Refreshment package - $18/day

Deluxe Beverage package - $48/day

mac_tlc

Thanks OP. I canceled our deluxe drink package and re-purchased at the lower price for our Adventure sailing in May. Went from $44/day to $38/day. With the difference, purchased the internet package and still saved money!

:D

Isn't that convenient that they offer "deals" but you can't access their site??!! :mad: I've tried for 30 minutes...no dice

I suspect too many people trying to get a deal this afternoon. I was looking at shore excursions, signed out and then went to double check something and couldn't get back.

I suspect too many people trying to get a deal this afternoon. I was looking at shore excursions, signed out and then went to double check something and couldn't get back.

Gave up as well, but called them .. after a 25 min. hold, they told me price reductions apply to sailings after Feb 15

(we sail on the 12th!)

Does anyone remember the price for the Deluxe Drink Package on Oasis? We sail March 5. Its shows it as 58.95 CAD right now. I remember it being around that price before, so is there much of a discount? I did however book our 2 devices for internet at a cheaper price (per single device, not the 2 device pkg). Thanks!

Wow! Adventure deluxe package is actually on sale this time. It's been $46 (technically "on sale") since the deluxe package was released, but with this current sale it is down to $40/day.

With such a port intensive itinerary I think it should be closer to $36-$38, but $40 is pretty reasonable. I am tempted to buy it, but know I won't get use out if it every day at that price, but if anyone is sailing Adventure this summer and want that package I'd check the planner and see if your sailing is $40 (or less) too.

I just checked on the adventure and the deluxe package is now the same price I paid at $38/day.