Cheaper Prices Today for Internet & Refreshment Package!

Isn't that convenient. Prices have gone up so the orignal price is the sale price.

Still not a real sale.

We are paying $4.99 per day for Surf & Stream one device during our March Oasis cruise. That is a sale no matter how you put it.

We are paying $4.99 per day for Surf & Stream one device during our March Oasis cruise. That is a sale no matter how you put it.

I agree - the Voom is an actual sale 8.99 vs. 11.99 for one device for cruise in a couple of weeks. 4.99 as long as it's surf & stream is awesome!

Another actual sale price is the $18 per day Refreshment Package. The normal price for that is $26 I believe.

Where I saw less legit sales was with my excursions. Technically a 3% discount ($4 off of a $96 excursion) is in the range of "up to 20% off", but it still seems like a sneaky tactic, especially for someone that didn't know the original price beforehand and thought it was a much better deal... :(

I don't understand what RCI is basing the discount from. Where is the retail or onboard price listed so you know what 50% off actually is? When I go to RCI's website I see $8.99, but it doesn't say it's a sale price. How can someone have paid $11.99 for one device, yet $8.99 is being advertised in an email as 50% off (supposedly of a $17.99 retail price). Yet someone else paid $4.99. What is the true original price? It seems very arbitrary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't understand what RCI is basing the discount from. Where is the retail or onboard price listed so you know what 50% off actually is? When I go to RCI's website I see $8.99, but it doesn't say it's a sale price. How can someone have paid $11.99 for one device, yet $8.99 is being advertised in an email as 50% off (supposedly of a $17.99 retail price). Yet someone else paid $4.99. What is the true original price? It seems very arbitrary.

There is no true original price, it's all smoke and mirrors.

As Mr. Biker keeps saying, ignore the percent off BS, just decide if you want to pay the price or not.

It is arbitrary to some extent. Keep in mind that the price is not consistent from ship to ship or even sailing to sailing, so the price someone else pays is going to have no bearing on what you pay. The % are totally meaningless in this context as they are all "up to x% off" that means NO MORE than 50/30/20% discount. Again it's meaningless because what the original price is varies wildly so you might not see any discount, while someone else may get a screaming deal. The only way to know for sure is to know what your cost is before and what it's likely going to be onboard (for internet probably around $15-$18/ day) and then book the cheapest you see for your cruise and keep an eye out and rebook as needed.

(supposedly of a $17.99 retail price). It seems very arbitrary.

Most of the time it is. It is true that the on board price for Stream is 17.99 and that has been that way ever since VOOM was rolled out last May. Again, ignore the % off claims because it is both a marketing gimmick and sometimes an RCI web site error.

Most of the time it is. It is true that the on board price for Stream is 17.99 and that has been that way ever since VOOM was rolled out last May. Again, ignore the % off claims because it is both a marketing gimmick and sometimes an RCI web site error.

Or is it an error disguised as marketing or vice versa?

Daze who wonders what biker's next clever signature line will be....

An "error disguised as marketing" sounds like false advertising to me! Back in Oct I received a similar email for the same kind of sale. I was away so my husband called to buy the drink package. It was advertised at 30% off. Since I was away, he didn't have the email in front of him for reference and they would only give him 20% off. I'm happy to get a discount but the terms should be clear and fair.

Adding another thanks to the OP. I had not yet purchased drink or internet packages, so I just spent 210 dollars less then I anticipated paying. That is on the 664 dollar price drop I got on the "sale glitch" on the 1st.

I should play the lottery tonight.

forgive the newb post but i'm new to royal. just wanted to confirm there's no place on the royal site to see drink and individual restaurant specialty dining prices as well as internet

so how do you see them?

Once you have a cruise booked, you can go into your Cruise Planner and see the prices.

1 device $8.99 a day. 2 devices $21.99 a day. 3 devices $31.48 a day. It's cheaper to purchase 3 separate packages than it is to buy 1 three device package. Another royal sale.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I noticed that too!! I'm going to buy 2 separate ones!!

Once you have a cruise booked, you can go into your Cruise Planner and see the prices.

obviously it's been this way forever but wow, to have to buy something to see the price seems a bit crazy. hard to compare cruiselines..

or is that their goal?

On Australian RC website but here goes with the Cruise Planner. Biggest regret with my time on the Explorer: NO internet or drinks package as they were priced in Australian dollars PRE cruise.

Edit: Drinks package still $67 Australian dollars. A saving from the onboard price to be sure but actually just the normal price.

And Internet Voom 1 is $15.95. Again, nothing special from the normal but much cheaper than onboard.