What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Hi all. Quick question. We’re booked in Haven Forward Facing Penthouse on Escape. We want to bid for 2 bedroom Villa. How many folks have been successful in bidding up from one Haven Category to another? If so what was the savings vs just paying he full fare? Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We got our bid accepted today - 32 days out from sailing date.

NCL Dawn

Paid for SJ Family Suite originally (has no balcony, but does have floor to ceiling windows)

Bid $315pp to upgrade to SD Family Suite with Balcony (minimum bid was $300pp)

We didn't care too much if we got the upgrade because we booked the minimum cabin we wanted. But having the balcony will be nice. The way we looked at it, we are still paying less of a fare than what we originally booked way back in February 2017. Our fare on the original cabin dropped $600pp across all these months, so essentially we are "saving" $570 total and getting the balcony. :cool:

We are on the same cruise!!! Congrats on your upgrade! waiting to hear if my bid was good enough to go from family ocean view picture window to mini-suite.

Fingers crossed!!

Hi all. Quick question. We’re booked in Haven Forward Facing Penthouse on Escape. We want to bid for 2 bedroom Villa. How many folks have been successful in bidding up from one Haven Category to another? If so what was the savings vs just paying he full fare? Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi, we have done it twice before. We went from Haven Aft to Owners Suite twice. We saved several thousand each time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Copying a format since this "helped" me along the way (although ultimately unsuccessful).

Ship: NCL Escape

Destination: Caribbean

Sail Date: 1/27/2018

Original room: BC deck 9

Bid for (original): H9 - $770, H7 - $730, H6 - $800, H5 - $710

CANCELLED these bids 9 days prior (1/18/18)

Bid for (update 1/18): Mini suite - $110

RESULT: Denied 48 hours before for mini suite

Background: Started getting nervous about 2 weeks before trip spending $1500ish for a Haven upgrade. Even though it's a special trip, we have always stayed in "normal" rooms on other lines and it's always been fine, so thinking it through we decided to splurge on spa passes instead and save the difference for a future vacation. We did bid on a mini at that point but most were already reserved so knew our chances were slim. We are happy!

I’m new to this bidding process. We are sailing on the NCL Jade 2/5/18. Originally booked in inside cabin. Have bid on ocean view and balcony. Last time I checked all cabins were listed as “sold out” except inside. My bids are still showing pending. But is there any hope for an upgrade if it is all showing sold out?

I’m new to this bidding process. We are sailing on the NCL Jade 2/5/18. Originally booked in inside cabin. Have bid on ocean view and balcony. Last time I checked all cabins were listed as “sold out” except inside. My bids are still showing pending. But is there any hope for an upgrade if it is all showing sold out?

We are in the same predicament. We have bids on categories that are “sold out”. I will know by tomorrow (the 48 hour mark) if the “sold out” means it’s actually sold out or not.

We are in the same predicament. We have bids on categories that are “sold out”. I will know by tomorrow (the 48 hour mark) if the “sold out” means it’s actually sold out or not.

There is still hope! Don't do like some and start messing with your bids... they could very well be fine ... or... they may not, it really is a gamble. Good luck, hope you both get what you want but if not.... when's your next cruise booked? ;)

Cheers,

:bottle-pop:

Background: Started getting nervous about 2 weeks before trip spending $1500ish for a Haven upgrade. Even though it's a special trip, we have always stayed in "normal" rooms on other lines and it's always been fine, so thinking it through we decided to splurge on spa passes instead and save the difference for a future vacation. We did bid on a mini at that point but most were already reserved so knew our chances were slim. We are happy!

Good for you, I'm sure you've made the right decision and hope you really enjoy your well deserved cruise. You can put that money aside and dream about your next cruise when you're ready. Have a great cruise and congrats on your special moment.

Cheers, :champagne-toast:

I am new to NCL and I have a question. I received an email today saying my bid for a balcony room was accepted. I bid $80 per person. We booked an inside cabin and we are overjoyed to be getting a balcony. However, when I checked my online bank statement NCL charged me $258.48. I called and they said they would refund me the money but not till after our cruise. Has this ever happened to anyone? I forgot to say what ship ( Sky sailing on 1/28). Also they never mentioned what the cabin number would be. Do I find out before we leave or when we get to the port? Thank you ahead if anyone can clear this up for me.

:)Normally I would agree but on our upcoming cruise we were given five different upgrade options to include 3 Bedroom Villa and Owner's Suite. The 3 Bedroom Villa and owners Suites both show nothing available on mock bookings at a couple different booking sites. No way for a 3 Bedroom Villa booking to take something higher? I would admit that a current Owners Suite could try and take a Deluxe Owners Suite if available which would leave a Owners Suite open but I suspect that on a certain date they load all available unsold stock and send out bid options. Then they simply wait until its time to work a ships bookings and just work with what's left to upsell. Strange things happen though at the last second. We had friends booked to cruise with us a few year ago and we each were booked as an upsell into Deluxe Owners Suites. After booking and paying for an upsell into the Deluxe Owners Suite he was hospitalized just a day before departure and unable to make the cruise. NCL still filled the his empty room with a nice surprised young couple as they were preparing to leave for the airport.

I am new to NCL and I have a question. I received an email today saying my bid for a balcony room was accepted. I bid $80 per person. We booked an inside cabin and we are overjoyed to be getting a balcony. However, when I checked my online bank statement NCL charged me $258.48. I called and they said they would refund me the money but not till after our cruise. Has this ever happened to anyone? I forgot to say what ship ( Sky sailing on 1/28). Also they never mentioned what the cabin number would be. Do I find out before we leave or when we get to the port? Thank you ahead if anyone can clear this up for me.

Did you buy their travel insurance? If you did then they charge you the increased rates when your bid is accepted to account for covering the new room.

Did you buy their travel insurance? If you did then they charge you the increased rates when your bid is accepted to account for covering the new room.

He bid $80 per person and was charged $258.48. I don't think an additional $160 in fare results in an additional $98.48 travel insurance premium, does it?

We will be on the Epic in March and we have an offer pending on the Haven Aft Penthouse (H6). We can also put an offer on the Haven Courtyard Penthouse (H5). I assume the H5 is more desirable because the number behind the "H" is lower... is this correct? We would be overjoyed to be in either, but if we get an upgrade, we'd prefer to have the Aft penthouse. Would it make sense to bid on the H5 also? Does bidding on numerous offers "up" your chances at all?

Thanks,

Kathleen

Does not sound right.

Sent from my iPad using Forumsd

It could, depending on the travel insurance plan and if the additional amount put the total cruise booking amount over into the "next threshold" for insurance pricing. This exact thing happened to me when I won my upgrade bid last year. I was so frustrated. True, it was probably somewhere in the fine print. I had booked through a website, so I called them and explained the situation. They didn't refund the additional amount of insurance, but they did give my OBC for the same dollar amount, so I was satisfied with the result.

There is still hope! Don't do like some and start messing with your bids... they could very well be fine ... or... they may not, it really is a gamble. Good luck, hope you both get what you want but if not.... when's your next cruise booked? ;)

Cheers,

:bottle-pop:

I bid the absolute minimum on an upgrade from a mini-suite to a 2-br Family Suite last year, and much to my surprise it was accepted. Sure, it was still a good chunk of change for that upgrade, but in the end we found it well worth it, having an infant with us. It really is a gamble! Neither of us were Latitudes members, so it wasn't like we had that in our favor to "boost" our chances (who knows what calculations they do to determine who wins!).

We will be on the Epic in March and we have an offer pending on the Haven Aft Penthouse (H6). We can also put an offer on the Haven Courtyard Penthouse (H5). I assume the H5 is more desirable because the number behind the "H" is lower... is this correct? We would be overjoyed to be in either, but if we get an upgrade, we'd prefer to have the Aft penthouse. Would it make sense to bid on the H5 also? Does bidding on numerous offers "up" your chances at all?

Thanks,

Kathleen

On the Epic, I'd definitely favor the H5 over the H6 - as the aft penthouse on that ship is a distant second to the aft (corner) penthouses on all later ships. Second, at least, in one of my main categories: balcony size!

Being in the Haven proper has its advantages, and I would not pass up on those in the case of the Epic. We've stayed in aft corner suites on the Escape and Breakaway, and really enjoyed them - even given the trek to the Haven.

Tom

We got our bids declined today (Jan 28th Getaway). We bid for the Owners suite in the “strong” range ($1,600pp). We are currently staying in a haven spa suite so we aren’t losing out really (other than saving $3,200). The room was still available as of 7am today so I suspect someone else **really** wanted that room. And so they can have it! We will still love our current room!

I'm curious when they start to really accept bids as the date gets closer...I'm 50 days out... there are tons of balcony cabins open on my sailing. I bid a very minimum $50 to upgrade because at this point it won't make or break my great time! But since there are lots of cabins available and its a month and a half away, any thoughts as to when they will really start filling those cabins up with the upgrades? I"ll update if I get an acceptance! this is for the Gem, March 17. 10 day Caribbean from NYC