What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Gem 10/21 just gave away most of the Haven and Suites. I happened to have checked inventory yesterday and there were 17 available, I got my notice at noon and went back to check and inventory shows only 4 remaining. My min amount for GV was accepted. It was flat “poor” but apparently no one else wanted to even put their toes in so I got it. I had lowballed most of the rest of my bids so sort of expected to stay in my balcony. All told, GV for $3700/pp 10 days. Still expensive but not full price.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the reply. Was is the thermal pass? Virgin offered to pay £120 for a daily pass for both of us so im assuming a week is pricey! Refused the offer though

Sorry think I answered you twice?

Okay - Virgin cannot buy a daily pass - there is no such thing available to pre purchase. Daily passes are only ever issued IF and its a huge IF - all weekly passes remain unsold and I believe its a port day only -

Not sure what Virgin are on about - everyone here will tell you its not possible to pre purchase a daily spa pass :(

Don't know who you are dealing with but Id go further up the ladder if you can.

Tell them you want a weekly spa pass EACH - :)

Gem 10/21 just gave away most of the Haven and Suites. I happened to have checked inventory yesterday and there were 17 available, I got my notice at noon and went back to check and inventory shows only 4 remaining. My min amount for GV was accepted. It was flat “poor” but apparently no one else wanted to even put their toes in so I got it. I had lowballed most of the rest of my bids so sort of expected to stay in my balcony. All told, GV for $3700/pp 10 days. Still expensive but not full price.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Nice one! Enjoy!!

Sorry think I answered you twice?

Okay - Virgin cannot buy a daily pass - there is no such thing available to pre purchase. Daily passes are only ever issued IF and its a huge IF - all weekly passes remain unsold and I believe its a port day only -

Not sure what Virgin are on about - everyone here will tell you its not possible to pre purchase a daily spa pass :(

Don't know who you are dealing with but Id go further up the ladder if you can.

Tell them you want a weekly spa pass EACH - :)

Maybe some TA's can jump in here. Is it possible that some TA's get some stuff to give their clients that is not normally available? Maybe because of the volume Virgin does, NCL gives them some passes to use or offer to clients?

Just received an upgrade offer. Ive read people will get offers for say $1200 but bid less than that amount. How do you go about biding less than the offer actually is. When I move the "bid meter" on the website, the lowest amount I can bid is their starting at price. How do you bid less?

Also I have family on this cruise and they didnt receive the upgrade offer yet. Does everyone get the upgrade offer?

Thanks

Just received an upgrade offer. Ive read people will get offers for say $1200 but bid less than that amount. How do you go about biding less than the offer actually is. When I move the "bid meter" on the website, the lowest amount I can bid is their starting at price. How do you bid less?

Also I have family on this cruise and they didnt receive the upgrade offer yet. Does everyone get the upgrade offer?

Thanks

You cannot bid any less than what their starter pointer is at on the "bidmeter" -

And no - not everyone gets the email.

Has anyone received an upgrade 48 hours before the cruise like it says or is it generally more time before? Also, if it looks like the rooms are "sold out", does that generally mean you won't get the upgrade? There were may Haven suites for my cruise and they seem to all have disappeared and now are sold out. I was thinking we had a fairly good bid, but I guess not?

What's the consensus on $615 CAD/ $500 USD for Haven aft suite? Is this a good deal?

Thanks!

I will have to make some guesses here.

Is that $500 times 2, or $500 total.

Is this what you are going to bid, or what you won? If you are still bidding, I am guessing there will be others that would bid higher.

If you are coming from either a balcony or mini-suite - most people would say either is a good deal.

Has anyone received an upgrade 48 hours before the cruise like it says or is it generally more time before? Also, if it looks like the rooms are "sold out", does that generally mean you won't get the upgrade? There were may Haven suites for my cruise and they seem to all have disappeared and now are sold out. I was thinking we had a fairly good bid, but I guess not?

You might want to scroll back through a few pages of posts. As to that question, you will see that lots of people get their notification well before the 48 hours.

And "sold out" does not mean you will or will not get an upgrade.

You might want to scroll back through a few pages of posts. As to that question, you will see that lots of people get their notification well before the 48 hours.

And "sold out" does not mean you will or will not get an upgrade.

Thanks. I did see that people get before 48 hours, I was more curious if anyone has gotten it at about the 2-3 day mark (sorry if that wasn't clear).

Quick question. Since thet don't approve bids until 48hrs prior to departure, have you already checked in since you are able yo check in 2 months before the cruise or do you wait until you find out yea or nay?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Go ahead and check in. If you are awarded the upgrade you will get new edocs with the new cabin number and luggage tags. Check in info is updated

:D

Good łuck!! Fingers crossed!

Two ways to check I’ve heard. Go on your my ncl page and see if you have a new room number and or call your credit card company to see if the charge is there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick question. Since thet don't approve bids until 48hrs prior to departure, have you already checked in since you are able yo check in 2 months before the cruise or do you wait until you find out yea or nay?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I've already done my online check-in bc they say even if you get approved for your bid, the actual room may not. E assigned until you board the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums