What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

What did the meter indicate for your $550 bid and what was the minimum & maximum bid window? It seems you did well. Also, do you know how many H5 Courtyard Penthouse staterooms were available when you bid?

Even if you knew that number, you also need to know how many other suites are open (OS, DOS, Villa).

Or how many other people were bidding.

Or cancelling.

The meter is an indicator of NCL's evaluation of your bid independent of any other factor, and thus a piece of the bidding puzzle. I did indeed ask how many H5 Courtyard Penthouse staterooms were available when MTB25 bid. Unless you work for NCL "how many other people were bidding...or cancelling" is unknowable.

What did the meter indicate for your $550 bid and what was the minimum & maximum bid window? It seems you did well. Also, do you know how many H5 Courtyard Penthouse staterooms were available when you bid?

My bid was in the middle of "poor". I really was surprised. I'm unsure how many were in the class of Haven left.

Our bid for the Haven was accepted! Our cruise is 10/15 and we were in a minisuite, now upgrade to H5 Courtyard Penthouse. Our bid was $550 each. Did we bid too high lol didn't expect it this soon.

Also, what does this now mean for us? What perks come with being in the Haven? I'm sure its answered somewhere else & I'll research but thank you!

Wow! I can speak only to the price you paid, because I am tracking Haven bids for my cruise in December.

I can tell you that from my research, $550.00 per person is the best accepted price I have seen for an H5. In fact, I have seen reports of bids at $570.00 and $800.00 rejected. It all just depends on availability.

Do you think this is because of cancellations due to the hurricanes?

Can someone please clarify for me; I received an email offering upgrade from ocean view (booked) to balcony at 65pp or mini suite at 95pp. However, when I clicked the link for the mini suite upgrade it showed the price of the upgrade as 380pp. How did it go from 95 to 380pp for the mini suite upgrade?

Can someone please clarify for me; I received an email offering upgrade from ocean view (booked) to balcony at 65pp or mini suite at 95pp. However, when I clicked the link for the mini suite upgrade it showed the price of the upgrade as 380pp. How did it go from 95 to 380pp for the mini suite upgrade?

My email did not show any prices. When I went to the upgrade page it was a slider that started low and move up depending on where you let go of the mouse. Actually, just checked, it only shows the high price. There is no starting price until you start moving the slider.

You have to SELECT a price - none were selected at all to start with.

Our bid was accepted. Getaway TA Oct. 15 went from an inside guarantee to a balcony for $130 Canadian each.

First bid was $100 back in July and upped it on on Sunday night to $130 (still in the poor category), got the email within 24 hours.

Our last 20 cruises have been in insides after a few balconies earlier but we always figured the money we save by booking insides would go to more cruises. I'm sure we'll love being back in a balcony but I hope we don't feel compelled to stay on our balcony and miss out on whats going on aboard the ship.

Tony and Debbie

We just got our upgrade email for Escape sailing 9/23. We were originally booked into BE balcony room ($949 pp) and had a bid of $800 pp accepted for an H9 Haven Spa Suite (currently $2799 pp) This bid seems high compared to others but we were going to spend an additional $199 pp for access to the thermal spa if we did not get upgraded. Not a great deal but we think it's a good deal. And it will be our first stay in the Haven.

It is not clear what cruise line/ship this is for - your profile only shows Celebrity Summit for 2017. Is this a 4-day cruise, i.e., 4 X 95 = $380?

Here is a question. I am traveling alone and I have a balcony booked on a cruise (not leaving anytime soon) do you think they would offer a bid to someone traveling in a balcony room (BA) alone or do you think they would make offers to couples / multi travelers in a room? And is there really any need for a single traveler to try to get a Haven room? A spa suite would be nice.

You submit your bid say for $400 and if it is accepted you owe $800. The bid is for 2 people. So, if you don't want to pay more than $400 you bid $200.

Our bid was accepted. Getaway TA Oct. 15 went from an inside guarantee to a balcony for $130 Canadian each.

First bid was $100 back in July and upped it on on Sunday night to $130 (still in the poor category), got the email within 24 hours.

Our last 20 cruises have been in insides after a few balconies earlier but we always figured the money we save by booking insides would go to more cruises. I'm sure we'll love being back in a balcony but I hope we don't feel compelled to stay on our balcony and miss out on whats going on aboard the ship.

Tony and Debbie

Enjoy your balcony. You will find your going to use it more than you think. But it's not going to keep you prisoner, lol. It's just nice to sit and enjoy the view without having to find a chair up on an open deck. You will love the fresh sea air and sounds at night, as long as your in the warmer part of the cruise.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

It is not clear what cruise line/ship this is for - your profile only shows Celebrity Summit for 2017. Is this a 4-day cruise, i.e., 4 X 95 = $380?

it is for the NCL Jade 11 night panama canal cruise. I did not see a slider, just the email showed $95 for the mini suite. When I went to the next step to enter my bid it pre-populated $380pp. I just reviewed my offer and it offered the slider and the $380 is in the beginning of good and end of fair on the scale. The top of the scale is $680. Can someone offer any strategies on what I should bid on the scale?

Edited by garkar87

So I think I messed up....

First time doing the upgrade bid process which received in email, made a bid for minimum which was $750 confirmed, paid, checked availability on my cruise date and saw that that category had already sold out, then also noticed the $750 was per person! What a doofus!

I am going solo so it would be double that amount of course...duh..another $1500!!!! Eeeeek.

My question is, if that category has already sold out on my sailing, my bid would not be accepted anyway, right?

Am hoping this is the case as really don't want to pay that huge extra amount.... oh dear. Thoughts?

First time doing the upgrade bid process which received in email, made a bid for minimum which was $750 confirmed, paid, checked availability on my cruise date and saw that that category had already sold out, then also noticed the $750 was per person! What a doofus!

I am going solo so it would be double that amount of course...duh..another $1500!!!! Eeeeek.

My question is, if that category has already sold out on my sailing, my bid would not be accepted anyway, right?

Am hoping this is the case as really don't want to pay that huge extra amount.... oh dear. Thoughts?

A sold out category now, does not mean sold out by the time of the cruise. Simply go back into the link and modify your bid down to an acceptable level. Modify the bid before NCL accepts it and you are locked into that bid.

i.. Can someone offer any strategies on what I should bid on the scale?

Very difficult to offer a strategy.

Since you do not know any of the following:

- how many cabins are available now

- how many cabins will be available when the sort it out (move ups, cancel, other)

- how much anyone else is bidding

If you can figure all of that out, then great.

The REAL STRATEGY? Bid $1 more than the next person.

...My question is, if that category has already sold out on my sailing, my bid would not be accepted anyway, right?

1 - Sold out today does not mean sold out tomorrow. Some will cancel. Some will move to higher category. Rooms might open up for other reasons.

2 - If you bid, it could be accepted.

3 - If you want to change your bid, just go back into the system and change it to a lower bid.

1 - Sold out today does not mean sold out tomorrow. Some will cancel. Some will move to higher category. Rooms might open up for other reasons.

2 - If you bid, it could be accepted.

3 - If you want to change your bid, just go back into the system and change it to a lower bid.

I actually did the lowest bid avail, no higher category as was for OS....so because lowest bid, am sure it's unlikely to be accepted, methinks! That view from the bedroom and huge balcony is what grabbed me the most..... I guess I will have to wait and see. Thanks for advise.

Everyone moves up during upgrades and people cancel.

it is for the NCL Jade 11 night panama canal cruise. I did not see a slider, just the email showed $95 for the mini suite. When I went to the next step to enter my bid it pre-populated $380pp. I just reviewed my offer and it offered the slider and the $380 is in the beginning of good and end of fair on the scale. The top of the scale is $680. Can someone offer any strategies on what I should bid on the scale?

Bid the amount your comfortable with. Depends on how full the ship is. The more popular the week, the fewer mini suites will be available. It also depends on type of room you have, as inside rooms usually go last. If you have a balcony room NCL can turn around and use it if the have too many gtw sales. Many have gotten the upgrade for a very low bid. I bet the majority of the winning bids are what the slider starts. We picked our OV room in a good spot and my wife is afraid the upgrade would be far from the elevator. Lol, I want a balcony, but when we booked, was much more than we paid in the past on RCCL. Been doing a mock booking and see very few if any OVs left. They were booking at a good deal and got the same 2 free at sea perks as both the balcony and mini suite. You can still book a OV, but only at the GTY rate. Hoping NCL might take a lower bid to free up a few OVs, as they still have many balcony and mini suite still available. But most importantly, like the room we booked so will be happy with what happens either way. 5 weeks to go. Kind of fun tweking the bid from week to week. Now have it a little lower. Don't want to over bid and not be happy were we end up. Kind of like eBay in the old days. You don't want to get too much into it and wake up finding you went overboard. In price,Lol.......

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I actually did the lowest bid avail, no higher category as was for OS....so because lowest bid, am sure it's unlikely to be accepted, methinks! That view from the bedroom and huge balcony is what grabbed me the most..... I guess I will have to wait and see. Thanks for advise.

You can also cancel your bid if you are not comfortable with the $1500. You'll need to do it before the bid is accepted by NCL, of course.

Hey everyone, looking for some advice.

Was mis sold the cruise (breakaway) through virgin holidays. Told that there was only 1 paid restaurant and everything else was free. (Spa etc)

Now looking to upgrade but ncl won't discuss it with me and Virgin tell me that the price to upgrade to a mini suite is £2k, spa suite £2.8k and Haven £3k.

The odd thing is my room cost £859 each so £1.7k and if i go to NCL and pretend i am a new customer, the spa suite is 1,169pp so £310 more than what we paid, so an upgrade should surely be £620 total, yet i'm quoted £2,000. Virgin agreed it was high but said they call NCL and it's their pricing.

Spoke to NCL and i get some asian customer service who haven't even heard of the bidding system, so no idea if i am included in that! 68 days to sail date.

Any advice!

Hey everyone, looking for some advice.

Was mis sold the cruise (breakaway) through virgin holidays. Told that there was only 1 paid restaurant and everything else was free. (Spa etc)

Now looking to upgrade but ncl won't discuss it with me and Virgin tell me that the price to upgrade to a mini suite is £2k, spa suite £2.8k and Haven £3k.

The odd thing is my room cost £859 each so £1.7k and if i go to NCL and pretend i am a new customer, the spa suite is 1,169pp so £310 more than what we paid, so an upgrade should surely be £620 total, yet i'm quoted £2,000. Virgin agreed it was high but said they call NCL and it's their pricing.

Spoke to NCL and i get some asian customer service who haven't even heard of the bidding system, so no idea if i am included in that! 68 days to sail date.

Any advice!

Firstly - watch that Virgin are not misunderstanding your request.

£1169 would be the price perhaps of a spa balcony or spa mini suite - but there is no way a Spa Suite is going as cheap as that. Is it a 7 day cruise? Spa balconies usually set out at around +£1200 pp for UK AI.

Keep calling them until they come up with the answer -

Failing that you could stick with what you have and buy a thermal suite pass - they are available at 90 days in so you might be too late online - check it in your "my ncl".

If you have missed it you can still try on embarkation day - they do hold some back.

Depending on what deck you are on - instead of trying to upgrade to a spa balcony or mini suite - a thermal pass might be a cheaper alternative.

Virgin may have implied all was included as NCL UK IS now premium all inclusive, ie tips etc are included. Spa is a separate issue all together.