What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

What is the earliest people begin to find out they have been awarded the upgrade?

If you bid high (overbid), you will pretty much find out right away as NCL will lock in your bid before you can change your mind.

If your bid is more strategic, you will hear much closer to sailing as NCL will wait until the last possible minute to award the remaining bids since that allows them to maximize their revenue.

Lol. I can see that happening. some have posted a very high bid. It's like a game, as too much and your overpaying. Too little and no chance. Best to bid up to what your comfortable with.

If you bid high (overbid), you will pretty much find out right away as NCL will lock in your bid before you can change your mind.

If your bid is more strategic, you will hear much closer to sailing as NCL will wait until the last possible minute to award the remaining bids since that allows them to maximize their revenue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Could be many reasons. If NCL had more GTY sales than rooms, the bid with the room needed would be taken 1st over higher bid if their room was not needed, ie: higher amount available. Or the lower bid was a more loyal user.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

could be any of the reasons you mentioned. I have seen some bids posted here that seem awfully high and others a bit on the low side. I know what I bid, i have no idea if we will get it or not but am not counting on it.

Does anyone ever get their bid accepted if they bid just the bare minimum? Curious how often this does happen

Yes, folks have posted in this thread that they have. And others have posted they have bid up some and not gotten it.

So many variables. If your cruise has plenty of open cabins and little to nobody bidding, then a minimum bid will work.

All depends on what OTHERS bid, not NCL.

We received an upgrade for the 9/16 sailing of the Escape.

Our accepted bid was $1530pp ($3060 total) for a Haven 2-bedroom suite. The recent price of the same room is approximately $9,000. Our total was approximately $6300.

We had the same room type last September on the Escape, and badly wanted one again (but could not justify spending $9k). Our total was around $6500 last year. We made what we felt was a competitive offer.

We love the Haven (3rd time staying there), but the price increase has been dramatic. We are sailing in the MSC Seaside YC next June for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on the Breakaway, Don't remember the detail of the bid(s) but I started at 520 for each. The more I read about the Haven I thought I really wanted the upgrade for the wife as this year is the 50th anniversary of our first date (married 44 years) so I raised them to 700.

Monk463, Did you get the Forward Facing Haven Penthouse (cheapest haven room I believe)? This is what we want and will be booking a balcony room. Do you always get the chance to bid on Haven when booking balcony?

Does anybody know whether they ever send another e-mail after the first one? Meaning, if you don't bid the first time but suites remain unsold later, do they e-mail again?

They have sent me several . I am three weeks out and I received another one yesterday .

Does anyone know if you bid and have the bid accepted if you can then bid again 2 levels higher than your new upgraded cabin, or is it just from your original cabin?

For us, when we "won" our bid, the bidding window was removed from the website for our cruise. That was my first clue that we had won LOL - since I did not check our email.

I did try the link in original email sent - I just get the confirmation of my upgrade. I was going to say - no you cannot bid again once you have been awarded an upgrade - but with that we did win our bid into the Haven, so maybe, if you won to a balcony or mini - you may be able to re-bid into the Haven, someone else will have to chime in to confirm that.

Does anyone know if you bid and have the bid accepted if you can then bid again 2 levels higher than your new upgraded cabin, or is it just from your original cabin?

Once my bid was accepted from an Inside to a Great Location Balcony [and it was the lowest I could bid and YES it got accepted...I was floored!] all links to bid disappeared....can't find a place to do that...

Anyone had a different experience?

HLR

Once my bid was accepted from an Inside to a Great Location Balcony [and it was the lowest I could bid and YES it got accepted...I was floored!] all links to bid disappeared....can't find a place to do that...

Anyone had a different experience?

HLR

Just realized that we are on the same sailing. Our successful bid was way low as well- just a little above minimum that we were so surprised to get it. Enjoy the upgrade!

Just realized that we are on the same sailing. Our successful bid was way low as well- just a little above minimum that we were so surprised to get it. Enjoy the upgrade!

I hope I do! I am surprised at the well located cabin upgrade. However I just checked and there are MORE open cabins on the sailing than there were a few days ago. But we know ships don't sail empty! I think there was one open Haven Suite...and now the site is showing there are three. [Yes...I have too much time on my hands and look at these things...]

HLR

Before we changed our bids we did a mock booking to see what rooms were available. There were still a few left so we decided to increase our bid at the chance of getting one.

Both times we upgraded to the Haven it was within a few days of departure. I think they will hold out as long as they can before accepting bids to get the most money possible for the room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Enjoy your cruise! I just checked my upgrade offer and when I first bid it was only "poor" level for minisuite and fair for balcony, now it's fair for minisuite and good for balcony.. hoping that's good news... don't mind which it is.. would love a balcony.. :)

Just to clarify, did you make a second bid that raised your levels to fair and good, or was it your original bid that was originally classified as poor and fair now listed as fair and good?

Just to clarify, did you make a second bid that raised your levels to fair and good, or was it your original bid that was originally classified as poor (minisuite) and fair (balcony) now listed as fair and good?

Yes, original bid went from poor and fair... no change was made to my bid so I'm wondering if, when they assign some of the higher bids, if that would improve the status of those left to be considered. I'm just guessing really and not worried either way, just interesting how my level changed.

I just checked on my upgrade offers and all of them say "pending". I don't remember that being there the last time I looked. What does it mean? I'll have an answer soon?

Umm.. my bids have always said "pending" and my understanding is that when it changes, it will say "processing", meaning the bid has been accepted. Until it says processing, it's just a "maybe" AFAIK anyway.

My cruise departs Oct 5th on the Sun, so I'll know within the next 18 days :)

Umm.. my bids have always said "pending" and my understanding is that when it changes, it will say "processing", meaning the bid has been accepted. Until it says processing, it's just a "maybe" AFAIK anyway.

My cruise departs Oct 5th on the Sun, so I'll know within the next 18 days :)

Every other time I have looked at it I've always had the ability to adjust it. Not so this time. It looks more like a PDF at this point.

Question, I am assuming that when you are bidding for a "mini-suite" it is for any of the mini suites available, including the family mini suites? The reason I ask is that there seems to be a bunch of family mini suites still available on our up-coming cruise and I personally did not want to win one of them so I didn't bid on them for that reason. Just wanted to make sure, thanks in advance!