Getting the promo perks after original booking

Jay Bee

I'd like to book a cruise now to take advantage of the cabin selection, but there is no promotion ongoing. If one pops up later where I can choose a few perks, will there be any problem adding them in? (I know it would have to be before final payment.)

Thanks,

Jan

What do you mean there are no perks available? Right now with most of their cruises they are giving 2 free perks. And if you decide to book now but want to add perks later the cruise will be repriced at that current rate.

Remember special rates never get the perks, resident, senior, group etc..

Usually you can .... some travel agencies state 'for new bookings only' but even then, some will give you something as a goodwill gesture. Your other option, which I don't always recommend but it may work, is book with one agency that has no cancellation fees for the cabin you want.

Then, if you see a price with perks that you like better, book in that category with a different agency, cancel your cruise and then switch to your chosen room after it becomes available. No messing around though ... change that room as soon as possible, especially if it is a more desirable one.

You won't be able to use this method if you are using a Celebrity future cruise certificate, though as you can't transfer that from one agency to another.

What do you mean there are no perks available? Right now with most of their cruises they are giving 2 free perks. And if you decide to book now but want to add perks later the cruise will be repriced at that current rate.

The 2 free perks only go through April 2018, and I'm looking at 2019. Thanks for the explanation. I had no idea special rates didn't get the perks at all.

Usually you can .... some travel agencies state 'for new bookings only' but even then, some will give you something as a goodwill gesture. Your other option, which I don't always recommend but it may work, is book with one agency that has no cancellation fees for the cabin you want.

Then, if you see a price with perks that you like better, book in that category with a different agency, cancel your cruise and then switch to your chosen room after it becomes available. No messing around though ... change that room as soon as possible, especially if it is a more desirable one.

You won't be able to use this method if you are using a Celebrity future cruise certificate, though as you can't transfer that from one agency to another.

Thanks for the info.

The 2 free perks only go through April 2018, and I'm looking at 2019. Thanks for the explanation. I had no idea special rates didn't get the perks at all.

Me neither. Bummer. I kept reading on here about all the cruisers getting the beverage package as a "perk", but couldn't see online how to get it for our upcoming cruise. Now I see why. :(

Me neither. Bummer. I kept reading on here about all the cruisers getting the beverage package as a "perk", but couldn't see online how to get it for our upcoming cruise. Now I see why. :(

Couldn't you rebook without the special rate? The cost of the beverage pkg is probably more than the discount.

I booked a Jan 2019 cruise on the Summit and when you go through the booking online it is offering the pick 2 perks promo. Do a mock booking and you will see that.

If you book a suite you get all 4.

Thanks. I think it varies by ship or sailing because I'm only getting one free without a price bump.

If you spend enough (too much?) time on here, you will see many stories of people either successfully applying perks or discounts to a previously booked cruise or the reverse - people frustrated they can't for one reason or another. It can get kinda confusing trying to keep track of what your options are or how likely it is that exceptions will be made in your favor.

The official policy can be found here:

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/best-price-guarantee

I think some confusion happens because =X= can decide (more or less at whim it seems) to consider any particular promo as "not combinable" with another promo you have already received.

Despite the fact that =X= is offering perks on many of their cruises through April 2018, there are no perks available for the April 27, 2018 Italy and Greece cruise that I booked a few weeks ago. Because there was no promotion for this fare, I should be able to get the price reduced and/or future perk(s) added at least once between now and final booking.

I may also bring home a future cruise promo when I sail on Constellation this May, which my TA tells me they can probably get applied, although it could require cancelling and rebooking. Apparently, cancelling and rebooking is a frequent work around to many restrictions. Deposits are fully refundable, so I don't see much harm in trying.

You never can tell if a promo that offers perks will also coincide with a price drop, but it does happen.

Hi JayBee, what cruise are you looking at? I'm currently looking to book a cruise for March 2019 and every sailing I am looking at has the Perks showing under the Go Big, Go Better, Go Best promos.

Perhaps your search is set for base fare. When you price it see if there is a Search for other offers hot link.

No perks on repositioning cruises, either.

On our cruise last month our TA received notification of a new offer on our cabin category. She rebooked us to get the offer. This was before final payment and not for perks, but for OBC. A good TA is worth having!

Hi JayBee, what cruise are you looking at? I'm currently looking to book a cruise for March 2019 and every sailing I am looking at has the Perks showing under the Go Big, Go Better, Go Best promos.

Perhaps your search is set for base fare. When you price it see if there is a Search for other offers hot link.

Thanks. Yes, there is a Go Big, Better, Best promo listed. It's only 1 free unless you opt for a price bump though. I'll sift the options.