Cheers program

BachelorettrBound

Hi everyone!

I am a first time cruiser and will be traveling with a group of girls for my bachelorette party. We are contemplating the merits of getting the cheers program. With it being a bachelorette party, there will be a lot of drinking (please no judgement!) and some of the girls are concerned about the 15 drink limit.

I have read other posts and have seen conflicting info, so I wanted to ask myself -- If you are on the cheers program, do they cut you off completely after 15 drinks? Or are you able to pay per drink after that?

Once you hit 15 drinks containing alcohol, you will not be served any more alcohol. Period.

You can continue ordering virgin drinks, soda, coffee, etc.

Even with that limit, I find cheers is still an exceptionally good deal.

There's been mixed reports about being able to use Cheers up until drink #14, and then starting to "buy one for a friend" (paying a la carte), and then using your 15th cheers drink when its your last one. There's also been reports of being locked out at #15 regardless. Either way if you plan on drinking the Cheers package is a solid deal as drinks on board are very expensive. If you are worried about hitting #15 and being locked out remember each person can bring 1 bottle of wine, and you can also order bottles of liquor to the room to have as a reserve.

• 1 month later...

Does water, sodas, coffee go against your 15 drink limit? Dumb question I am sure but would like to make sure.

Once you hit 15 drinks containing alcohol, you will not be served any more alcohol. Period.

You can continue ordering virgin drinks, soda, coffee, etc.

Even with that limit, I find cheers is still an exceptionally good deal.

For a bachelorette party I'd definitely do Cheers if you can afford it. I don't think 15 would be that big of a deal, since its 15/day. On a 5 day cruise that's 60 drinks. Regardless, people on here have said they've had success, especially if they tip a little extra, buying drinks "for a friend" when they get to 14

max out your drink potency by getting quite a few from alchemy bar where they are supposed to be all doubles. Plus, you can get a bottle of vodka or whatever you like delivered to your room for about $80, take a rum runner 8 oz flask in your purse and amp up your own drinks so the 15 limit isn't an issue. The bottles from bon voyage are liters so 33oz.

If you're concerned - pre-order a bottle or two of alcohol (or some beers) for the cabin in addition to the Cheers.

Also, you can each bring on 1 bottle of wine or champagne at embarkation.

You could also plan a drinking excursion or two.

Hi everyone!

I am a first time cruiser and will be traveling with a group of girls for my bachelorette party. We are contemplating the merits of getting the cheers program. With it being a bachelorette party, there will be a lot of drinking (please no judgement!) and some of the girls are concerned about the 15 drink limit.

I have read other posts and have seen conflicting info, so I wanted to ask myself -- If you are on the cheers program, do they cut you off completely after 15 drinks? Or are you able to pay per drink after that?

What cruise is this?

Four of us went on a cruise to celebrate a 30th birthday. We all did the Cheers program, and it worked extraordinarily well. Only one of us ran out one night, but the others had plenty left to share. Between excursions away from the ship, it's still pretty hard to hit the 15 max...unless you're just drinking beer. I had enough to start each breakfast with a mimosa (or two), have a couple of drinks upon reboarding the ship after an excursion, drinks with dinner, and afterwards.

You absolutely can buy drinks and they will not count towards your 15 drink/day limit. Otherwise they would not allow you buy rounds or buckets of beer with cheers (one from the round goes towards Cheers, the others are charged to your S&S). It may be wise to not wait until you are at 14, just somewhere in the 12-14 range to buy a drink or two.

Another thing to keep in mind is that you will probably be buying drinks off the ship while in port. Depending on where you are going there are some serious party spots in most of the ports. So that plus the 15 drinks that day should be plenty. What I find is if I drink a bunch one day that I kinda take it easy the next for a little recovery time. That's when the other included drinks come into play. ;) So for the money if you're going to drink that much the drink package is a no brainer. It will save you a ton of money.

We just got off the Sunshine. If you want to get more than 15 drinks the best thing you can do is find a server you like and only use them and tip them extra. They will suddenly forget how to count. I know there were at least 2 or 3 days when I had more than 15 drinks and did not pay for any of them. We do this on every cruise and have never had a problem with getting extra drinks. This cruise we had 2 servers and 2 bar tender at the Red Frog Rum Bar who really took care of our group.

For a bachelorette party I'd definitely do Cheers if you can afford it. I don't think 15 would be that big of a deal, since its 15/day. On a 5 day cruise that's 60 drinks. Regardless, people on here have said they've had success, especially if they tip a little extra, buying drinks "for a friend" when they get to 14

That would be 75 drinks