First timer, please help, passenger health form

GlamorousGirl

We are first time cruisers and I was going through the documentation to print out from the website on my account page, and I noticed this "Passenger Health Form." There's a release for a doctor to sign on there, and a section for the doctor to fill out and sign. It also asks for your insurance company.

I am confused by this. What if someone didn't print and fill out their documents in advance (I hear of people waiting until they get to the terminal). There would be no way for the doctor to sign it then. Does that mean this form is not required? And they are asking for insurance - does this mean I am required to get a protection plan with medical coverage overseas? And can they decide someone isn't "fit" to cruise and refuse to let them on board, or refuse to let them do excursions, based on this form?

I am really hoping someone who has traveled with Princess recently can advise us whether this is required or not (and I am hoping the answer is no!) And if it is required, what do they do about people that didn't fill it out in advance and just show up at the terminal intending to fill out paperwork there?

Thanks for your help.

We are first time cruisers and I was going through the documentation to print out from the website on my account page, and I noticed this "Passenger Health Form." There's a release for a doctor to sign on there, and a section for the doctor to fill out and sign. It also asks for your insurance company.

I am confused by this. What if someone didn't print and fill out their documents in advance (I hear of people waiting until they get to the terminal). There would be no way for the doctor to sign it then. Does that mean this form is not required? And they are asking for insurance - does this mean I am required to get a protection plan with medical coverage overseas? And can they decide someone isn't "fit" to cruise and refuse to let them on board, or refuse to let them do excursions, based on this form?

I am really hoping someone who has traveled with Princess recently can advise us whether this is required or not (and I am hoping the answer is no!) And if it is required, what do they do about people that didn't fill it out in advance and just show up at the terminal intending to fill out paperwork there?

Thanks for your help.

The form your referring to is if need something special (like dialysis) during the cruise. As said there is a brief form to fill out before checking . This form is to screen for Noro and other similar type illness.

The answer to the second part of your question is: YES!! Buy travel insurance. If you get sick it's money well spent. If you don't get sick, it's peace of mind.

If you get sick after final payment and don't have insurance, you could lose thousands of $$ (depending on the cruise).

If you fall down and break something, need surgery, have a heart attack...you don't want to be there without travel insurance.

Also, yes they can decide you're not fit and deny you boarding. It rarely happens, but it can.

There are credit cards that provide travel/medical insurance. I pay for my cruises with my Chase Sapphire card because it gives me basic protections that I'm most likely going to use. A number of my hotel-branded Chase cards also offer the benefits.

Thanks for your help.

As others posted the health form is for chronic conditions, not general health. A simple health form is on the pier, 1 min. to complete.

Don't travel without travel insurance. Even the simplest illness in a foreign country can cost lots. A visit to the ship's medical center or a fall on the ship requiring medical attention can cost hundreds of $$. If you have to be evacuated or hospitalized in a foreign port, besides the medical expense, you will have to pay for the evacuation, hotel expense for those with you, plus airfare to get back home.

We are first time cruisers and I was going through the documentation to print out from the website on my account page, and I noticed this "Passenger Health Form".

No, it is not required

I'm a longstanding type 1 diabetic and haven't filled out the medical form but always have insurance. Get the sharps container off the steward. As I've been a diabetic for so long I can handle it. Some medical issues do need to be notified but not all