Are there saunas on the Anthem

buffi001

Is this the full spa package that other ships generally sell (thalassotherapy, heated beds, thermal rooms...)? Or is this a different type of pass they sell? Any ideas of pricing? I've not seen anything offered in my personalizer.

Thanks!

Just a thought ...... I wonder how long it will be before someone makes a claim that they were assaulted or inappropriately touched in a co-ed sauna or steam room? Not such a great idea in my opinion.

I would think the likelihood of someone being assaulted would more of an issue in one of the many hot tubs, since it could be done below bubble level.

Ships have had coed saunas for quite awhile.

If someone wants to be in appropriate they don't need an ideal situation or location.

I had the same pass on Oasis which is similar.

The spa area has a steam room, an infrared sauna, rain showers, and heated loungers. Robes are free to use.

The cost for 7 days is around $120. (On Oasis I bought it on the second day and they brought it down to $99.) I don't see this offered in the Cruise Planner - you go to buy it at the Spa desk once on board.

Edit: official word on this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46875037&postcount=15

So there is no way to use a sauna or steam room for free on the Anthem? Very disappointing!

That is the new standard for the mega ships - Oasis class and Quantum class. They want you to fork out more dough.

So there is no way to use a sauna or steam room for free on the Anthem? Very disappointing!

I'm thankful it's an upcharge. It means I don't pay for what I won't use but if I want to use it it won't be packed with people.

I want more upcharges on my cruises. Cruising is cheaper than ever if you're thrifty and I love knowing I don't need to pay for what I may never use.

That is the new standard for the mega ships - Oasis class and Quantum class. They want you to fork out more dough.

This is our first cruise on a "mega" ship and I am surprised how different things are from our cruise experiences. Having to make reservations for shows and even MTD was a shocker. But I guess I can see how it helps make things less crowded and more controlled. We like to go with the flow on vacay but we've had to plan this one much more than any other. Still, looking forward to experiencing a mega ship and not having to fly for a change!

I'm thankful it's an upcharge. It means I don't pay for what I won't use but if I want to use it it won't be packed with people.

I want more upcharges on my cruises. Cruising is cheaper than ever if you're thrifty and I love knowing I don't need to pay for what I may never use.

Unfortunately, your second proposition, that if you want to use the thermal suite area at least it won't be packed with people, is not necessarily correct. We had have varying experiences when sailing on Royal's ships that only have paid sauna/steam areas. On the first day, you have dozens of people traipsing through on spa tours, making noise and opening the doors and letting the heat out. For much of the time over the course of the cruise, the thermal suite would be full of people commandeering the heated lounges, leaving their towels or robes there to "save" them, and sitting in the sauna and steam room chatting loudly. On one cruise, on the last day, there were two couples who spent about half an hour taking flash pictures of each other using each of the facilities in the thermal suite. Of course, it depends what time of day you are there to use the thermal suite. Some times are quieter. Depending on the makeup of the guest population, there may be fewer or more people who sign up to use the thermal suite for the week. On Oasis and Allure, the locker rooms are small and cramped, and there are just a few heated lounges. The sauna and steam room are small and oddly shaped, so you can't get more than a few people in comfortably.

• 6 years later...
On 2/9/2017 at 4:20 PM, ocean waves said:

Yes, that's what I would like to know too. Can't find any info regarding this.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is $99 for the cruise and you need to do on the ship