Platinum Question

PapafromMaine

This will be our first cruise as platinum. What can we expect to be different about boarding? Are there any other perks we can look forward to?

Thanks,

Papa

When you open your Carnival Cruise Manager behold all the benefits listed there for you to partake.

In Miami last October, I turned Platinum and they had a separate waiting room for us with cookies and ice water.

If you have a tender port (Grand Cayman, Belize, Half Moon Cay), you will get priority tendering (ship to shore only). Also get a dedicated guest service line that saves a lot of time waiting.

Enjoy!!

My husband and I just returned from our first Platinum cruise. We had a hard learning experience so maybe this will help others who are moving up.

On our Sail & Sign accounts, we each had $38.79 OBC. $30 was "non-refundable".....with no other explanation. My husband decided to purchase the Bottomless Bubbles plan with his. When the amount didn't show that it was partially covered, we went to Guest Services to find out why. We were told it was for laundry. When we asked why it didn't specify that, the extremely rude GS manager said "well, you should have asked!!!". Then he asked if was our first time being Platinum and we said yes.....and then in a loud, rude voice he again said "YOU SHOULD HAVE ASKED!!!". We told him "it should say what it has to be used for".

This was our 14th cruise so we aren't stupid about cruising but this seemed very misleading. Anyway....now we'll know on cruise #15 in October.

My husband and I just returned from our first Platinum cruise. We had a hard learning experience so maybe this will help others who are moving up.

On our Sail & Sign accounts, we each had $38.79 OBC. $30 was "non-refundable".....with no other explanation. My husband decided to purchase the Bottomless Bubbles plan with his. When the amount didn't show that it was partially covered, we went to Guest Services to find out why. We were told it was for laundry. When we asked why it didn't specify that, the extremely rude GS manager said "well, you should have asked!!!". Then he asked if was our first time being Platinum and we said yes.....and then in a loud, rude voice he again said "YOU SHOULD HAVE ASKED!!!". We told him "it should say what it has to be used for".

This was our 14th cruise so we aren't stupid about cruising but this seemed very misleading. Anyway....now we'll know on cruise #15 in October.

Yes, $30 in credits are placed on your Sail and Sign for laundry perks. If you use the laundry perk, they then charge your Sail and Sign $15 for each bags to off set the credits. If you don't send out laundy, the credits will be removed. You can not use them for anything else. This is how the VIFP department pays for this perk to the laundry department.

Wow, I didn't know that. Had I seen that I would have thought it was to do whatever I wanted with too. I don't use the laundry perk because I've heard that everything is washed in hot water. I have a hard enough time with my clothes fitting well after several days as it is. LOL. The employee shouldn't have been so rude though.

Yes, $30 in credits are placed on your Sail and Sign for laundry perks. If you use the laundry perk, they then charge your Sail and Sign $15 for each bags to off set the credits. If you don't send out laundy, the credits will be removed. You can not use them for anything else. This is how the VIFP department pays for this perk to the laundry department.

Interesting! That's not what happened in my case. I was charged $15 and then it was credited.

LOL- I have been platinum for 10 cruises and never asked or realized what that credit was for. :)

Great info! Now I know and knowing is half the battle. GO JOE!!

I'm confused. You get a $30 credit but are charged $15 for each bag of laundry. That's only 2 free bags but on 7 day or longer cruises you are supposed to get 3 free bags. Or is this referring to a shorter cruise? We leave this Saturday on the Sunshine and this will be my first cruise as platinum and I will be taking advantage of the free laundry.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We too will be platinum on our next cruise so are also curious how this whole laundry situation works. We only wash under garments mid-week so thought it would at least save me around $10 for the week. But as others have mentioned sometimes you do receive OBC for port charges or etc. and would like to know if it's truly usable or set aside for laundry? Sounds like it does vary from ship to ship also. Anyone that can clarify what the normal situation is? :confused:

I have only been Platinum for 1 cruise and did two bags of laundry. They charged the credited it but it looked different both times. I think that was my fault by not reading the form for the laundry carefully. I LOVE this perk - came home with clean clothes so no extra laundry! Thank you Carnival!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm confused. You get a $30 credit but are charged $15 for each bag of laundry. That's only 2 free bags but on 7 day or longer cruises you are supposed to get 3 free bags. Or is this referring to a shorter cruise? We leave this Saturday on the Sunshine and this will be my first cruise as platinum and I will be taking advantage of the free laundry.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our cruise was only a 6 day. The $8.79 was refunded port charges so we could use it on anything or just let them credit our accounts at the end of the cruise.