It's refreshing to see more and more POSITIVE Celebrity reviews!

Pier290

OK. Then your opinion is noted. Please stop trying to convince people here that they shouldn't be looking forward to and enjoying their cruise with Celebrity. Please stop trying to make people feel as though they are ignorant of the fact that they aren't getting good value for their money. You cannot look to the past to compare. It is valid to compare services and determine value based on what is provided today, not two or more years ago. Negative posters frequently applaud changes they like, but complain bitterly about changes they don't like....yet they expect the price, value etc to stay the same. It makes no sense whatever. Please, find a line that is comfortable for you and post on their forum.

Hear hear, My wife's 1st Cruise was 2014 her 3rd is in 21 day, Myself have done over 18, love to see how excited my wife gets, can't tempt her away as yet, as have 2 more booked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our first cruise on Celebrity was in 1992, and here we are now - just completed our 33rd. We obviously do love Celebrity so on the one hand I could be called a cheerleader. At the same time, over the years a number of things have changed, and many not for the better. When I provide a review, or a comment, I try to be fair and explain both the good and the bad. I can understand how people fairly new to Celebrity might perceive some of this negative feedback as complaining, or just being negative, hard to please, etc.. The fact is, we have years and years of history and other cruises to compare to. Celebrity is the one responsible for setting our expectations very high. I can't help but notice when some things are just not as good as they used to be (and there are many to be honest). Am I allowed to mention them, or does that count as complaining? The bottom line is that flaws and all, Celebrity still provides a wonderful cruise experience and overall we have never had anything but a great cruise with them.

Celebrity is the one responsible for setting our expectations very high. I can't help but notice when some things are just not as good as they used to be (and there are many to be honest). Am I allowed to mention them, or does that count as complaining?

What is the purpose of talking about the way things used to be? Nothing today is the way it used to be. Although we have only been cruising on Celebrity for 4 years, two or three times a year, I would presume that things have changed, some for the better and some for the worse and everyone will have a different perspective of what that is. So, no, I don't find it helpful to talk about the way things used to be. I would guess that Azamara is more like what Celebrity used to be 10 or 15 years ago but you will be paying correspondingly higher prices for that experience.

If you'd prefer to not hear as much from the negative posters on this thread, you can just block their posts in your settings. You aren't going to speak their language.

If you'd prefer to not hear as much from me about negative posters on this thread, you can just block my posts on this thread, you can just block my posts in your settings. Two can play this game. :rolleyes:

If you'd prefer to not hear as much from me about negative posters on this thread, you can just block my posts on this thread, you can just block my posts in your settings. Two can play this game. :rolleyes:

I think you misunderstood me. I was talking to the OP. I agree with what you are saying. I specifically said if the OP didn't want to hear anymore negative responses they could block them. I am Elite + on Celebrity and started sailing X in 2007. Will embark Reflection in one week and have bookings with X through 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think you misunderstood me. I was talking to the OP. I agree with what you are saying. I specifically said if the OP didn't want to hear anymore negative responses they could block them. I am Elite + on Celebrity and started sailing X in 2007. Will embark Reflection in one week and have bookings with X through 2019.

My bad, I apologize.

The OP should look up the meaning of critic.

The issue is submitting accurate reviews. Cheerleading or excessively negative comments don't help anyone reading, but people can easily discern nonsense (e.g., my personal favorite are "estimates" of formal wear being higher now than before formal nights were eliminated!). Zero credibility and easily dismissed as nonsense. :rolleyes:

The OP should look up the meaning of critic.

The issue is submitting accurate reviews. Cheerleading or excessively negative comments don't help anyone reading, but people can easily discern nonsense (e.g., my personal favorite are "estimates" of formal wear being higher now than before formal nights were eliminated!). Zero credibility and easily dismissed as nonsense. :rolleyes:

You are putting far too much emphasis on the word "critic" in the title of the website. First, if you review the site as a whole, it is a huge marketing tool for the cruise industry and hardly unbiased. Second, the very nature of anonymous forums is that every individual can determine their own agenda and do so with absolute impunity. This allows people to go to extremes, blow things out of proportion, and simply be mean and contrary. Furthermore, there is no such thing as an "accurate" review, since everything is subjective. Forums in general always tend to be negative vs positive. It's human nature to complain loudly rather than praise. Praise often goes unspoken. The OP is expressing a pleasant recent trend to more positive reviews. I agree, it's nice to see. As for your "favorite" regarding dress, clearly you aren't interested in anyone's personal experiences then but only find what you agree to as being credible.

Two cruises coming up this year and two next. Aside from trying out WindStar and Viking Ocean, I'll be return to X Silhouette this coming December. Nice thing about Celebrity is I know, even before hand, it will be a wonderful 9 day cruise because Celebrity just makes it so each time.

When iI remember my past cruises, I tend to remember the good things about them. If there were annoying things, I can't remember what they were, as they were quite small in the big picture of things. I am always very excited to go on a cruise; if that changes, I will change cruise lines or not cruise at all. Some people see the glass half full and others see it half empty. It is all based on their experiences of life. Some take offense at things that are said on CC and others don't even ask questions due to those that criticize every little thing. Others do not share the respect of the OP and their question. We are all different, yet cruising seems to be the common thread in our blood on CC. Structured criticism is always, IMO, the best and has more relevancy. That being said, I know so much more about cruising because of many posters on CC who enjoy answering questions and sharing their knowledge. To all of you I say "Thank you."

You are putting far too much emphasis on the word "critic" in the title of the website. First, if you review the site as a whole, it is a huge marketing tool for the cruise industry and hardly unbiased. Second, the very nature of anonymous forums is that every individual can determine their own agenda and do so with absolute impunity. This allows people to go to extremes, blow things out of proportion, and simply be mean and contrary. Furthermore, there is no such thing as an "accurate" review, since everything is subjective. Forums in general always tend to be negative vs positive. It's human nature to complain loudly rather than praise. Praise often goes unspoken. The OP is expressing a pleasant recent trend to more positive reviews. I agree, it's nice to see. As for your "favorite" regarding dress, clearly you aren't interested in anyone's personal experiences then but only find what you agree to as being credible.

The last line goes both ways, positively and negatively.