It's refreshing to see more and more POSITIVE Celebrity reviews!

Pier290

In the last few weeks I've noticed more and more uplifting positive reviews!!

Makes me more excited to depart in 64 days!!

Whoo hoo X!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

I hope you have a marvelous time!

I think in general, people have been pushing back more and posting positives, in response to the very prolific negative posters (who by the way, are still happily (???) sailing on Celebrity).

Unless negative reviews are very specific in describing what they didn't like about a product, they don't carry much weight with us at all. About the only time we pay close attention is when the same gripe is aired over and over by different posters.

We are currently on a land vacation and have been reading Yelp reviews about different restaurants we're considering. There are negative reviews for every single restaurant, even those with very good ratings. We finally decided to book reservations at the restaurants that appeal to us and ignore the reviews. It was becoming a waste of time and if we took each review to heart, we'd never end up booking any restaurant and go to bed hungry! :D

I hope you have a great time too!

The overtly positive reviews from the 'Celebrity Cheerleaders' lately are in direct response to a bunch of negative reviews from folks who mostly have valid complaints IMO. Since we started cruising on Celebrity 'way back' in 2015 there has been a noticeable drop in the level of both the food and the service. If your last Celebrity trip was before 2015, I'm sure you'll notice the changes too.

It's all about setting your personal expectations to the current realistic level.

If you're expecting that the MDR will be like a fine dining restaurant in your city, then you are likely to be unhappy. If you're expecting a large (1500+ people) wedding venue, then you're likely to be happy.

If you're expecting the buffet to be like a good restaurant's Sunday Brunch, you'll likely be unhappy. Set your expectations below that and you'll be fine. (Try the cooked to order eggs at breakfast and you should be happy.).

If you're expecting to get a couple of loungers by the pool after 8:00 AM on sea days, you'll be unhappy. Same goes if you're expecting Celebrity to do anything about it. The choices are join the Chair Hogs, find a lounger away from the pool or remove the towels of the offenders and risk a nasty confrontation on your holiday (My own unwise choice).

If you're expecting everyone to get dressed up because it's Chic Night, or that Celebrity will police their own policy you will be unhappy. If you just care how you and your significant other is dressed, you'll be fine.

If you expect that bar waiters will promptly bring you drinks whenever you want, then tip them $5 a drink. Otherwise just go up to the bar and order your own.

If you expect customer service to actually provide service you're likely to be disappointed. Same holds true if you're expecting Celebrity's web site to work well and be accurate.

In short, it is what it is. Complaining about it, valid or not, won't help, so just go with the flow and have a good time.

BTW: My next trip won't be on Celebrity as the cost no longer matches level of the service or food, so no, the negative posters don't happily keep sailing on Celebrity or any other line for that matter.

I am one of the positive reviewers as my review of our TA Silhouette in November was just plain terrific! Was it perfect? uh no, is anything? But it was the best trip of our lives and I was proud to post the review. Did I get a couple negative comments...yes!...but mostly people were positive in their comments as well.

So those that post a positive review are 'Celebrity Cheerleaders' and those that post a negative review had valid complaints.......got it.

Try this: those that posted a positive review enjoyed their cruise. If the had an issue it was voiced when it was needed and was probably taken care of. Those that posted a negative review either had issues that they didn't get addressed or they feel they aren't getting what the expect, which can be a valid expectation or they love to complain because they think that shows how sophisticated they are.

Having cruised Celebrity since 1997, along with Carnival, Princess, RCL, Cruise west, etc, I find the cruise experience changes in many ways. I'm well aware that people's opinion on dining is very subjective, and I don't faint at the sight of a bit of rust or a worn carpet.

My only disagreement with the complaint below is on Service. I think Celebrity still has overall the best personal service of a mainline cruise line. I don't tip the waiter $5, and I get excellent service. Don't know if it's because I'm so handsome and look like a Movie star or it's because I treat them with due respect.

A cheerleader? If I'm a cheerleader because I recommend Celebrity, then I am, but you'd have to label me a cheerleader for 2 or 3 other Lines also.

Den

My only disagreement with the complaint below is on Service. I think Celebrity still has overall the best personal service of a mainline cruise line. I don't tip the waiter $5, and I get excellent service. Don't know if it's because I'm so handsome and look like a Movie star or it's because I treat them with due respect.

Den

Service is usually great, but on the last 3 or 4 X cruises the bar service was less than great and on the very last one it was pretty darn bad at the pool and sunset bars. We worked around it but we did mention it to the officers. I do find a cash tip now and again does speed up the service and make them a little more attentive to me. $5 a drink is not required, a dollar now and then seems to work just fine.

I've always found the food pretty darn good. Sure you're going to get the odd meal that has an issue, that's just life. You're on vacation, really, how bad can it be. (well I did the NCL Star last year and that actually was pretty bad).

In the last few weeks I've noticed more and more uplifting positive reviews!!

Boo Boo I hate this turn of events. :mad:

I want the bad and terrible reviews to keep coming and coming. What the heck is wrong with you cheerleaders!: :mad::mad:

Don't you know that all these positive reviews will increase the demand for Celebrity cruises and with increased demand the price of Celebrity cruises, that I want to buy in the future, will increase too. Grrrr. :mad::mad::mad:

Haters, PLEASE post here more and more. I'm planning my winter 2018 cruise now and I really need a price drop.

Haters, PLEASE post here more and more. I'm planning my winter 2018 cruise now and I really need a price drop.

Ok, Celebrity sucks, the last ship I was on ran out of gas and we all had to row it to Aruba, they made me cook my own food, there was 4 inches of dust on the carpet and I got bit by bedbugs.

Now hopefully the price of my next 4 cruises will drop like a rock:D.

The overtly positive reviews from the 'Celebrity Cheerleaders' lately are in direct response to a bunch of negative reviews from folks who mostly have valid complaints IMO. Since we started cruising on Celebrity 'way back' in 2015 there has been a noticeable drop in the level of both the food and the service. If your last Celebrity trip was before 2015, I'm sure you'll notice the changes too.

It's all about setting your personal expectations to the current realistic level.

If you're expecting that the MDR will be like a fine dining restaurant in your city, then you are likely to be unhappy. If you're expecting a large (1500+ people) wedding venue, then you're likely to be happy.

If you're expecting the buffet to be like a good restaurant's Sunday Brunch, you'll likely be unhappy. Set your expectations below that and you'll be fine. (Try the cooked to order eggs at breakfast and you should be happy.).

If you're expecting to get a couple of loungers by the pool after 8:00 AM on sea days, you'll be unhappy. Same goes if you're expecting Celebrity to do anything about it. The choices are join the Chair Hogs, find a lounger away from the pool or remove the towels of the offenders and risk a nasty confrontation on your holiday (My own unwise choice).

If you're expecting everyone to get dressed up because it's Chic Night, or that Celebrity will police their own policy you will be unhappy. If you just care how you and your significant other is dressed, you'll be fine.

If you expect that bar waiters will promptly bring you drinks whenever you want, then tip them $5 a drink. Otherwise just go up to the bar and order your own.

If you expect customer service to actually provide service you're likely to be disappointed. Same holds true if you're expecting Celebrity's web site to work well and be accurate.

In short, it is what it is. Complaining about it, valid or not, won't help, so just go with the flow and have a good time.

BTW: My next trip won't be on Celebrity as the cost no longer matches level of the service or food, so no, the negative posters don't happily keep sailing on Celebrity or any other line for that matter.

Ohhhh.....I'm one of those people at the pool at 6:30 am to get my lounger! [emoji3]

Ok, Celebrity sucks, the last ship I was on ran out of gas and we all had to row it to Aruba, they made me cook my own food, there was 4 inches of dust on the carpet and I got bit by bedbugs.

Now that's the spirit! :D

But you forgot the chair hogs and the wife beaters worn on Evening Chic nights. ;)

LOL - or be gratis!

Ohhhh.....I'm one of those people at the pool at 6:30 am to get my lounger! [emoji3]

I Am one of those spouses who are sent to the pool and wait until everyone else shows up, then I can go have breakfast... LOL

Most likely to consist of either a mimosa or bloody mary to recover...

bon voyage

Since we started cruising on Celebrity 'way back' in 2015 there has been a noticeable drop in the level of both the food and the service.

??? This is a joke right? So in 2 years or less, you've experienced a noticeable drop in the level of both the food and the service? How many Celebrity cruises have you gone on during this period for you to base these comments on?

Dan

??? This is a joke right? So in 2 years or less, you've experienced a noticeable drop in the level of both the food and the service? How many Celebrity cruises have you gone on during this period for you to base these comments on?

Dan

I agree with the original poster. In 2015 we've done six Celebrity cruises for a total of 56 days, with our last being 14 days on the Silhouette this past December. None booked for 2017 and none in the planning stage.

Relying on only positive reviews is sticking your head in the sand. You can still have a great cruise without everything going 100% correctly, and if it appears to be a change from a previous standard, there's no harm in pointing it out. This allows others to adjust their expectations. If you've cruised a line before, it's pretty easy to read reviews and suss out what is a real problem versus a perception problem; or, it might be a problem that won't affect you.

Complaining is different then pointing out what one person may consider areas that need improvement. Some may be minor to others that aren't bothered by them.

And praising a cruise line doesn't make you a cheerleader.

The real issue at hand is some people cannot accept others opinions when they different from their own. They label the other person something bad and think they are "wrong" but opinions are individual and by their very nature are neither right nor wrong.

Agreeing to disagree results in more constructive dialogue and less angina :)

Of course there's been a noticeable change in service and food quality..and passenger demographics on X....Modern Luxury not what is used to be, but it isn't all downhill.We still enjoy cruising with X but now have diff expectations than in the past. Still a good value!

Many who post glowing reports are new to Celeb so it still must be a cut above the others...

Oh my, so many problems to report. But the good news is that in the near future it appears some other unfortunate cruise line will experience the wrath associated with your discriminately high standards and impossible to please expectations.

Then shortly after that, whatever board on Cruise Critic associated with that line will read about every agonizing detail. It must be exhausting, really.

To the OP, I hope you enjoy your upcoming cruise; you have every reason to expect great service, good food, lots of choices and a terrific time. Have fun!

I love the internet...Everybody yelling anonymously at everyone else!

Either a cheerleader or a hater!

Here is the hard truth! (imho)

We are elite plus on Celebrity.

We have NO current reservations on Celebrity. That is the first time for us since first cruise in 2008.

Our eyes were opened last fall when we found a itinerary (and price) we couldn't pass up out of Southampton on MSC. (it also helped that they gave us black elite status match).

I found the MSC cruise to be very similar to our Celebrity cruises. Food not quite as good, staff almost exactly the same (very friendly), and overall ship experience very similar.

Celebrity is a "fine" cruise line. There are other similarly fine cruise lines.

Depending on itinerary and price we would gladly choose Celebrity again, but no longer is it worth much more money to sail them vs other lines.

I agree with the original poster. In 2015 we've done six Celebrity cruises for a total of 56 days, with our last being 14 days on the Silhouette this past December. None booked for 2017 and none in the planning stage.

56 days in 2 years is 4 weeks in each of the last 2 years. You cruise too much. Stay home until you get the bug again. I treasure every day I get to be on a cruise. I've worked too hard and long not to enjoy it. I don't go looking for every little thing to annoy me. I've been traveling the S-class ships. Every cruise is pretty darn good.

To another poster: you have to get your own drinks? Oh no, Mr. Bill !!! Better sneak that flask on board ! I don get on board and expect to get waited on like a prima donna. As long as the drink of the day is cold and has alcohol in it I;m pretty happy.

I have no patience for this stuff.

Hope you enjoy your next cruise.

56 days in 2 years is 4 weeks in each of the last 2 years. You cruise too much. Stay home until you get the bug again. I treasure every day I get to be on a cruise. I've worked too hard and long not to enjoy it. I don't go looking for every little thing to annoy me. I've been traveling the S-class ships. Every cruise is pretty darn good.

To another poster: you have to get your own drinks? Oh no, Mr. Bill !!! Better sneak that flask on board ! I don get on board and expect to get waited on like a prima donna. As long as the drink of the day is cold and has alcohol in it I;m pretty happy.

I have no patience for this stuff.

Hope you enjoy your next cruise.

The previous 3-4 years we averaged between 40-60 days a year and loved every minute of it, that's why we cruised so much. We still enjoy the destinations, it's the trip getting there which doesn't excite us the way it did before.