Tv specials

Any cruise tv specials available anywhere or coming uo that I could show my kids? We have been watching you tube videos but I know in the past there had been some cruise specials on tv but I haven't seen in a while. Their first cruise coming up in April!

Search on Video on Demand for your cable provider. A lot of times you can find older Mighty Ships episodes and other cruise shows. There is another show called Ocean Treks that is on Saturday mornings that shows a lot of port information. I saw an Alaska port show a few weeks ago. Search on the internet sites of History Channel, Discovery Channel and whatever other channels that show the cruise shows, you can usually stream old shows there too.

Search on Video on Demand for your cable provider. A lot of times you can find older Mighty Ships episodes and other cruise shows. There is another show called Ocean Treks that is on Saturday mornings that shows a lot of port information. I saw an Alaska port show a few weeks ago. Search on the internet sites of History Channel, Discovery Channel and whatever other channels that show the cruise shows, you can usually stream old shows there too.

Thanks for the info!

For any Canadians the new season of Mighty Cruise Ships starts this Sunday on Discovery Canada.

Ships being featured this season,

http://www.discovery.ca/Shows/Mighty-Cruise-Ships

Thanks. Noted in my Calendar. Carnival Vista is featured this Sunday's episode. Hoping they will show the on board Craft Brewery. Brewmaster, in a craft brewery, that is on board a cruse ship... That has got to be the BEST JOB IN THE WORLD.;)

dp

My mom called me yesterday to say that her TV station was running a show on the evening of 2/13 about Harmony. Unfortunately, I don't get that station on my DirectTV :( Kind of bummed that I'm going to miss it!

Do you know what the show is called - and what station it's going to be on?

My mom called me yesterday to say that her TV station was running a show on the evening of 2/13 about Harmony. Unfortunately, I don't get that station on my DirectTV :( Kind of bummed that I'm going to miss it!

Can you be a little more specific? What station? What show? I just did a keyword search on my provider and can't find anything for Harmony of the Seas. If I knew the show, that would help.:)

So... here's the bummer. My mom is kinda old and a little scattered :) She is not exactly sure what show is called... She thinks it is "Worlds Biggest Cruiseship". She doesn't have cable, just an antennae that picks up something like 30 channels. She thinks the show might be on the NOVA channel, or PBS, but she isn't exactly sure... Since I can't see anywhere that NOVA actually has its own channel, I think it is a NOVA special, on PBS :) She lives in southern, central Minnesota.

I did a search on DirectTV up here, and the only cruise special on NOVA is about "Ultimate Cruise Ship", the "Seven Seas Explorer".

Just now, I tried googling to find the show she is talking about, but can't find it :( After she watches the show monday, I'll try to get more details from her :)

So... here's the bummer. My mom is kinda old and a little scattered :) She is not exactly sure what show is called... She thinks it is "Worlds Biggest Cruiseship". She doesn't have cable, just an antennae that picks up something like 30 channels. She thinks the show might be on the NOVA channel, or PBS, but she isn't exactly sure... Since I can't see anywhere that NOVA actually has its own channel, I think it is a NOVA special, on PBS :) She lives in southern, central Minnesota.

I did a search on DirectTV up here, and the only cruise special on NOVA is about "Ultimate Cruise Ship", the "Seven Seas Explorer".

Just now, I tried googling to find the show she is talking about, but can't find it :( After she watches the show monday, I'll try to get more details from her :)

If you search on youtube, you can find a couple of special shows, they did one on Navigator?? when it first came out, and one on Oasis when it came out, and I think one on the QM2 as well.

Thatnks. I only see the Seven Seas Explorer too on the two PBS channels I get.

There used to be a full episode of Extreme Cruise Ships featuring the Oasis of the Seas on YouTube, but when I checked my link it no longer works; it must have been flagged or removed for some reason. The Smithsonian channel, and I think also the Discovery channel often have Mighty Ships episodes featuring various mass market cruise lines and ships. It depends on which cable provider you have, but out where I live I had to upgrade my service to the more expensive plan in order to get both of those channels, so it may not be included in basic plans and I don't believe they are available on SlingTV or other cable streaming services either.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thatnks. I only see the Seven Seas Explorer too on the two PBS channels I get.

I see the NOVA episode on Sunday (2/12) at 2am CST - on our PBS station (WTTW in Chicago). Here's the description:

"Shipbuilders in Italy work around the clock to build the Seven Seas Explorer, the world's largest and most luxurious cruise ship."

I looked at the CC review - and it's luxurious - but certainly not the "world's largest"!

Sounds like an episode of "Impossible Engineering". Try searching on that...

Sounds like an episode of "Impossible Engineering". Try searching on that...

That looks like it is it. Just set it to record. It is showing next Thursday on my provider. The description didn't mention Harmony but the website had a clip with Harmony. It is on Science Channel on my provider so not sure how the OP Mom is getting it over the air.

Thanks.