Where did my review go?

CruiseLovininIL

Thanks for letting me know. I had written a fairly long review and I didn't want to have to try to rewrite it [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For future reference, if you are ever writing something quite long then do it somewhere else that has a saving facility first and then cut and paste it when you're done.

It saves pressing send just at a point when your internet is playing up or something like that. You may be able to retrieve it elsewhere, but it's best to know it's saved to your computer.

For future reference, if you are ever writing something quite long then do it somewhere else that has a saving facility first and then cut and paste it when you're done.

It saves pressing send just at a point when your internet is playing up or something like that. You may be able to retrieve it elsewhere, but it's best to know it's saved to your computer.

Keith - is right on with saving the review and do it several times for a real lengthy complicated review with times

dates places data that would make you just want to skip it not worth the time to redo rewrite remember what was

important. Do this with any Word program you have or even a simple Note Pad. The benefit is as you go along with

your review you can cut paste and edit in small sections with no loss of data. Then put all the sections together

and preview and Submit.

Plan an alternative if your computer is subject to power failures - virus fritzs - locking up and whatever the usual

mayhem suspects that happen even a careless hitting the wrong sequences of keys - oops wiped out that last line.

Nice to have the feature of UNDO or a periodic automatic saving data.

One thing you can do is frequently Preview your Post to retrieve what you have written - as long as you have not

left or closed the thread or sustained a power outage it should be there - don't hit the Back button -

Cruise Critic will think that you want to leave the thread and your work.

Dang it I hate that when that happens - spend some time writing composing and getting everything ready and then

THAT happens - a total wipe out of one's Opus (Work) !

I always do as suggested above - if I know that I will write a longer post, then I first write it somewhere else and then when finished, I copy it over to the CC page. Just because on several occasions when writing a longer post on CC (or when writing something were I am doing some research at the same time, so that it takes longer to finish the writing), when I have finished and chosen to submit on CC what I have written then I get a "warning notice" saying that I have used too long so instead of submitting what I have written I get automatically logged out instead. And then what I have written in the "text box" is disappeared...

Could that have been what happened to you?

(When that happened to me, I sometimes was able to use the back-button, get to the text box, copy what I have written and saved it elsewhere. And then log on to CruiseCritic again, and use the copy-and-paste in order to post it where I wanted to post it originally).

After I finished and got to submit I clicked on submit and nothing happened. So I don't know if it went thru or not.

Great ideas guys. I can't believe I didn't think to use word. Definitely will in the future.

After I finished and got to submit I clicked on submit and nothing happened

Have had that happen - be careful here !

Don't close that page or window !

Now OPEN another window and then log on to the CC in that window browse to see if your post actually

did post - wait about a minute and check again by that time your post should have been processed.

It didn't do that - GO BACK to the original window and click on the Submit Reply button AGAIN !

I don't know what it is some glitch or lag in the time CC processes your post. It may be that your computer

is having issues - alternate go to another computer be it laptop tablet etc. and check to see if your post

posted - BUT don't do anything to the window in where you have your post. Of course if you have saved

your post at that point you could go back and clear the browser website and try again (IF YOU have SAVED IT) !

Sometimes opening more windows to research and check for solutions is the answer but don't open more than

necessary it slows down your computer and may result in slow processing of submitted posts.

If you subsequently get a duplicate post easy to fix - just go back and edit it "Delete it" !

• 4 months later...
After I finished and got to submit I clicked on submit and nothing happened. So I don't know if it went thru or not.

Great ideas guys. I can't believe I didn't think to use word. Definitely will in the future.

I had that same problem last night. I kept pushing "submit review" and it would blink, but I didn't get any kind of message acknowledging that it had been received.

It was a thorough (read long) review, and I had many photos, so I wonder if that could have impacted it? The first time I tried to submit, ti asked me to put in my sail date, which I did.

I did cut and paste the review into an e-mail to myself, but I'm wondering how long I should wait before resubmitting?

I did a review over a week ago and it just got posted after approval.

Thanks, I remember when I reviewed my November cruise it took awhile to post. What I don't know is if they even received it; I pushed "submit review" and didn't get any sort of message, and my review was still there. I pushed it about a dozen times, so maybe they had to spend time deleting the extras!

So I should wait a full week before reposting? I'm wondering if mine is taking longer because I included photos?

What is frustrating is that two reviews have posted this week, both negative. In fact, one was quite insulting, calling the passengers "People of Walmart." I wish there was a "don't like" option for other reviews!

Or perhaps I should wear the insult like a badge of honor.