"LIVE" from the Navigator 2/12/2017

niksmom630

Oh Andrew! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji24][emoji24] you owe me a pina colada. I just coughed up half of mine reading this post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I've done that to you a few times. You will just have to catch up with us on another cruise so I can make up all those lost drinks.

Safe travels home and thanks for such a great review.

Andrew

Thank you for allowing me a glimpse into what will be my life in just a few short months! I have 300 days till my flight to Miami and 301 till my actual cruise. I'm soooo excited. I have a question about bringing water onboard the boat the day I leave. Is that allowed? I was thinking of bringing a 6 pack of smart water since its my favorite, but I was afraid it would be confiscated.

Flowrider info

615298d3f3360d9b43314d58a8823b7d.jpg

Drink of the day specials were all priced at $8. Didn't get photos of each day, but at least you now know about the Woo Woo [emoji23]

4edc4b6eda6d2eb0ae5a0e903eb3e889.jpg

Entertainment poolside

cb8f34eee90e4d5a763ac5a812a67f64.jpg

Next Cruise desk...

d854a50ead0adbc8facd4730c86bfeca.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for allowing me a glimpse into what will be my life in just a few short months! I have 300 days till my flight to Miami and 301 till my actual cruise. I'm soooo excited. I have a question about bringing water onboard the boat the day I leave. Is that allowed? I was thinking of bringing a 6 pack of smart water since its my favorite, but I was afraid it would be confiscated.

I think it varies from port to port and maybe even week to week, but a lot of people have success bringing on water and soda. It's worth a try. I always carry on bottles of Hazelnut coffee mate, and they've never been confiscated in 18 cruises

I think it varies from port to port and maybe even week to week, but a lot of people have success bringing on water and soda. It's worth a try. I always carry on bottles of Hazelnut coffee mate, and they've never been confiscated in 18 cruises

Thank you so much for the reply. I will see what I can do :)

Meet Maya and Payton, my Golden girls, who apparently missed me immensely [emoji4] they really don't care if I finish up this review tonight, and in fact, probably have plans to destroy the compasses while I sleep as revenge for leaving them for 6 days. [emoji23]

540ad0ffbc016b14d59e67cf2963bb96.jpg

Thanks so much Chris for posting this was the best review I have ever read. Yes we are going on the same itinerary that you were on the 5 night same ports as well. Booked NC as we have been there 5 other times and we love the quietness and excellent service . Planning on 2 specialty restaurants and probably avoiding the MDR for the first time ever. Hubby is looking forward to breakfast on the balcony. Do they still offer the buckets of beer on sea days by the pool? Hope you had a safe flight home and that your extra bag survived the trip!

Thanks so much Chris for posting this was the best review I have ever read. Yes we are going on the same itinerary that you were on the 5 night same ports as well. Booked NC as we have been there 5 other times and we love the quietness and excellent service . Planning on 2 specialty restaurants and probably avoiding the MDR for the first time ever. Hubby is looking forward to breakfast on the balcony. Do they still offer the buckets of beer on sea days by the pool? Hope you had a safe flight home and that your extra bag survived the trip!

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Yes, they had the beer bucket specials, 5 beers for the price of 4

Happy to report my $25 RCCL bag made it home unscathed!

After 20 something (because I stopped counting) cruises on RCI, and almost exclusively, it's obvious we keep going back for a reason. One of those reasons is the amazing staff.

We first met Anna from Chili on our Nav cruise in 2004. We met her again on a Brilliance Panama Canal sailing in 2006.... ironically again on Allure in 2013. Makes me happy to report we met this lovely lady again on this sailing, and she's now a bar manager (notice those stripes?)

428eea5514f529c9826a39ef610bdf52.jpg

Edited by niksmom630

Final tips ....compasses next.....

- definitely check out Danny Rodriguez in the Two Poets Pub [emoji173] great performer

- if you are looking for a quiet spot away from the masses, Deck 4.... lots of chairs, including loungers out there

- the drink punch card that was offered for $89 late on day 4 is $79 on Day 5

Thanks for doing this review. We leave 4 weeks from today on the 9 day trip. Can you explain about the lines at embarkation? We are Platinum, are there separate lines for some levels of C&A? Also, what is the best early time to arrive at the port? Thanks.

Thank you for sharing your cruise with us! We just booked the same itinerary for March 26. I really owe you...I was pretty worried because my 'research' time was so short, but you did all the work for me! Now to start the packing process and think about cold drinks on warm decks!

We sail her 3/3/17 , getting sooo excited ! I've been reading about how hard the beds are . What's your opinion ? Enjoy your cruise !!

The bed was very firm. Husband loved it. Me, not so much. I asked our cabin steward for an extra duvet, which I folded in half and placed on my side of the bed. Made it much more comfortable.

Thanks for doing this review. We leave 4 weeks from today on the 9 day trip. Can you explain about the lines at embarkation? We are Platinum, are there separate lines for some levels of C&A? Also, what is the best early time to arrive at the port? Thanks.

Yes there were separate lines at check in. Suite/Pinnacle, D/D+, Emerald/Platinum, and then Gold. Then there was a much longer line for people without any priority status. The staff were directing people from the priority lines first to the check in counters. When those lines emptied, they would start sending people to the counters from the no priority status line.

We arrived at 10:45, and were onboard very quickly.

Glad you are having fun, we are sailing on Navigator March 3rd and can't wait. My wife was wondering if the ship has any bars outside other than the pool bars. We have sailed the last four years on Celebrity Reflection and they had a sunset bar on the top of the ship, can someone let me know if Navigator has one outside. Thanks and after winning the Super Bowl last Sunday, we have been hit with two snowstorms in four days and the countdown has begun, 18 days to go!!!

No outside bars other than the Pool or Skybar