"LIVE" from the Navigator 2/12/2017

niksmom630

Dinner at Chops was very good. I even had the soup, Andrew, sans croutons [emoji23]

f55d6c1cd31bfe841a6c754f4317449d.jpg

31adbd3c084a04b10fef196457a111d3.jpg

48a4fae5ebcc59759f0b3be9d8f8de07.jpg

Chops used to serve these amazing prosciutto potatoes. They have changed the menu, and now serve these tasteless tator tot thingies in the top of the next photo. Don't bother with these...

bddd543f2d94cee0fa07918ce2869f44.jpg

fc4e8ac8cb04f1d4bc2d95b595188f8a.jpg

I'm really regretting not getting breakfast this morning... these photos are making me hungry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overweight $125 bag crisis solved thanks to the shops on board. Got this little duffle for $25.

Ironically, I met another woman on boarding day who did the same thing. Tried to get her and her husbands stuff into one suitcase.

He and Rick had a good laugh at our expense.

6b25c64cab7cfddb4ebb9202b21869d8.jpg

Overweight $125 bag crisis solved thanks to the shops on board. Got this little duffle for $25....

Be very gentle with that bag. We bought one a few years ago and it did not last one day before the zipper broke. Fortunately we were still on the ship and got a refund.

Be very gentle with that bag. We bought one a few years ago and it did not last one day before the zipper broke. Fortunately we were still on the ship and got a refund.

Uh oh....[emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji15] it's filled with a hefty bag of dirty laundry.....really don't want to arrive at O'Hare to my clothes strewn about the luggage carousel. I was going to check it, but maybe we'll carry on to be safe?

Excellent review! w/ really nice images. Our only attempt to cruise on the Navigator was when the Ship Channel in Houston had a major oil spill and the Coast Guard would not allow the cruise ships leave Galveston. So... sat we did. .. in Galveston til Wed. morning when the Capt finally got his green light leave port. We sat sail for Cozumel. Everyone received 100% refund plus 25% on the next cruise. Needless to say, the cruise was unsettling. But we pushed through it and actually ended up on a positive note. We look forward to being on the Navi again one day w/ better circumstances.

BTW, I suspect the different pricing of the drinks from bar to bar is based on the type of liquor being poured etc.

Enjoy the balance of your cruise and thank you for taking the time to share your vacation w/ me! :cool:

Thanks! I recall reading about that cruise, yikes! Definitely give her another try! We sailed last on Navigator out of Galveston and had a great cruise

Thanks for taking the time to post your beautiful vacation for all of us to enjoy! Sailing in 10 days on this ship can't wait ! Your reviews have been so informative and helpful. Enjoy your day at sea!

Have a great cruise! Are you doing the 5 night sailing? I'll post the compasses when I get home if anyone is interested in seeing them

Are they still doing custom omelettes in the grill section? In the last couple of years my stomach has decided it doesn't like egg yolks so I have to get egg white omelettes.

Yes' date=' they were!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interested in knowing if they serve fresh squeezed orange juice on this ship anywhere?. Sailing on March 3rd. thanks, Sandy

I didn't notice any in the Windjammer, and never went to the MDR for breakfast, but I don't drink it, so I wasn't looking for it. Maybe someone who has recently sailed on her could comment...

I just read a few of the reviews here on cruise critic concerning Navigator's dining and so many post that the food is below par. Are you finding that? Since we leave March 31, I am now considering more days at Chops. What is your honest opinion of the food in the main dining room? I have so enjoyed all your pictures and daily review. Thank you so much:)

We never made it to the MDR for dinner. First cruise in 24 years that we haven't at least had a few meals there. Didn't care much for the 5:30 dining time, and while I know we could have changed to MTD onboard, because we had a few specialty dining meals booked, we just stuck with the Windjammer. All in all, the food there was very good to decent.

Outstanding review as always Chris. Thank you!

Thanks, Tim... and you're welcome [emoji4] did I read somewhere that you have a sailing together with Andrew coming up this year? That should be an epic CC week [emoji106] I'll be following along for sure.

Very good review and pictures. Thank you!

Thanks, and glad you are enjoying the photos. 2 1/2 more hours until our flight home, so I'll start posting the rest of them

Safe travels home Chris and thanks for the great review and amazing pictures.

Dan.

Thanks Dan, enjoy your cruise on the Nav and say hi to Marla for me [emoji4]

Thanks! I recall reading about that cruise, yikes! Definitely give her another try! We sailed last on Navigator out of Galveston and had a great cruise

Have a great cruise! Are you doing the 5 night sailing? I'll post the compasses when I get home if anyone is interested in seeing them

Yes, they were!

I am interested in the compasses if you have them! Thanks!

Also, did you get a chance to see if lobster was served in MDR on last night? Trying to plan when to do specialty dining.

Thanks, Tim... and you're welcome [emoji4] did I read somewhere that you have a sailing together with Andrew coming up this year? That should be an epic CC week [emoji106] I'll be following along for sure.

Oh yes. Andrew, maureencruiser and I will be on the Harmony together on Sept. 30th.

But first I'm excited for the Navigator 2 weeks from today. [emoji3]

I am interested in the compasses if you have them! Thanks!

Also, did you get a chance to see if lobster was served in MDR on last night? Trying to plan when to do specialty dining.

Ok, will post them when I get home.

I forgot to get a picture of the last nights menu, but no lobster on the menu for sure