"LIVE" from the Navigator 2/12/2017

niksmom630

These are the best photos I've seen that detail the differences in Windjammer between Freedom and Voyager class. You can easily see how Windjammer on Freedom was made larger by increasing the aft and side overhangs.

Great photos!

I was just about to say that! Those are amazing pictures showing the difference. Also the last balconies are steal on the back side on Freedom and glass on Navigator. Very interesting pictures.

Excellent review! w/ really nice images. Our only attempt to cruise on the Navigator was when the Ship Channel in Houston had a major oil spill and the Coast Guard would not allow the cruise ships leave Galveston. So... sat we did. .. in Galveston til Wed. morning when the Capt finally got his green light leave port. We sat sail for Cozumel. Everyone received 100% refund plus 25% on the next cruise. Needless to say, the cruise was unsettling. But we pushed through it and actually ended up on a positive note. We look forward to being on the Navi again one day w/ better circumstances.

BTW, I suspect the different pricing of the drinks from bar to bar is based on the type of liquor being poured etc.

Enjoy the balance of your cruise and thank you for taking the time to share your vacation w/ me! :cool:

Good morning all, abet a little later than usual. I finally managed to stay up late enough to catch some of the evening entertainment.

The sky's are a bit gray this morning , but hopefully the sun makes an appearance at some point on our last day at sea.

Dinner tonight will be at Chops [emoji106]I'll catch up on photos this morning

fc21b570dd2403d2c50ddc2b561dfda9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My perfect way to end the afternoon [emoji18]

8587a251ed6b068fd07f984faa1d91ab.jpg

Well, usually....but as soon as I sat down to enjoy the view, my "neighbors" decided to join me, along with their wireless speaker blaring Chance the Rapper at the highest decibels [emoji15]

While my 17 year old is a fan, and probably would have enjoyed it, I did not.

Thoughts, observations, tips....

- this is my second sailing in the last 6 months where my luggage was not delivered outside my stateroom door. Instead it is piled in sections forward and aft on each deck, and I've had to retrieve my bags. Not a complaint, because it's not a big deal to me, but if your bag is not outside your cabin, you may want to go looking for it. [emoji23]

- room refrigerators are now empty when you board, but you can fill out a card to have it stocked with whatever you desire. Seems like a good idea to me. Especially since some people like to request it be emptied. Also, the refrigerators onboard actually keep items VERY cold. This is a new one for me

ce0d126e1551544ed15c30d939a1829c.jpg

- the Windjammer has a "grill" section where they serve eggs over easy and medium out of buffet trays. Next to that section, they also have a tray of "real" scrambled eggs.... not pale yellow fake eggs served in all the other buffet sections.

- speaking of the Jammer, normally you will find the same selections on each side when both sides are open. Not so on this ship, I found a lot of different items on each side.

- out of curiosity, I thought kids under a certain age were not allowed in the hot tubs???? I saw a toddler in a life vest in one of the pool hot tubs yesterday. [emoji15][emoji15] Parenting at its best. Hopefully one of the pool staff intervened.

- the large hot tub in the ship shape center seems to be a little known fact, so if you are looking for a quiet place to soak on a sea day, I'd recommend it. Chances of running into a toddler in a life vest there are probably pretty slim [emoji23]

Thoughts, observations, tips....

- the Windjammer has a "grill" section where they serve eggs over easy and medium out of buffet trays. Next to that section, they also have a tray of "real" scrambled eggs.... not pale yellow fake eggs served in all the other buffet sections.

Are they still doing custom omelettes in the grill section? In the last couple of years my stomach has decided it doesn't like egg yolks so I have to get egg white omelettes.

The baby in the hot tub is just a tender morsel in the human soup bowl. You know, like a crouton.:D

Edit: if you get soup tonight at Chops hopefully it doesn't have croutons. :eek:

Oh Andrew! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji24][emoji24] you owe me a pina colada. I just coughed up half of mine reading this post!

- the large hot tub in the ship shape center seems to be a little known fact, so if you are looking for a quiet place to soak on a sea day, I'd recommend it. Chances of running into a toddler in a life vest there are probably pretty slim [emoji23]

LOL :cool:

I just read a few of the reviews here on cruise critic concerning Navigator's dining and so many post that the food is below par. Are you finding that? Since we leave March 31, I am now considering more days at Chops. What is your honest opinion of the food in the main dining room? I have so enjoyed all your pictures and daily review. Thank you so much:)

The pool area was hopping today for the Sexiest Man competition....

People are starting to retreat indoors as the winds have picked up.

I have more pics to post....then I'll check back thru the thread for any questions I may have missed

cdccb44edebf02128dd0c7356fbbb53c.jpg

0be2c7782a206f61ac1b13522f3bac29.jpg

Hello,

I'm watching your review since I will be cruising aboard the Navigator in December. This will be my first cruise and I'm extremely excited.

Thank you for letting me take part.

You'll be getting on, while I'm getting off. Doing the ABC's Islands.