Bringing food on (small gluten free cake)?

Hi all--we're getting married in Key West on our first stop on the Brilliance of the Seas on April 9th. We are having a one hour reception that evening on the ship (after partying in Key West after the beach ceremony). We are getting a large sheet cake (for a ridiculous $100!) for all of our guests during the reception, but I am gluten free and they said they cannot make a small gluten free cake--that it would have to be a large gf sheet cake. Does anyone know if we would be able to bring a very small gluten free cake on board?

I think all they can tell you is what RCCL rules are- you can only bring packaged snacks such as crackers, cookies onboard. They do make gluten free desserts so I don't know why you couldn't ask for something once you are onboard, they could make something that day, and have one of your party pick it up before the reception..

Hi all--we're getting married in Key West on our first stop on the Brilliance of the Seas on April 9th. We are having a one hour reception that evening on the ship (after partying in Key West after the beach ceremony). We are getting a large sheet cake (for a ridiculous $100!) for all of our guests during the reception, but I am gluten free and they said they cannot make a small gluten free cake--that it would have to be a large gf sheet cake. Does anyone know if we would be able to bring a very small gluten free cake on board?

I can't answer your question, but I wanted to congratulate you on your upcoming wedding. Why not serve a gluten free cake for everyone? I had one last year and I couldn't tell the difference. It was delicious. If you don't say it's gluten free, no one will know and that way you can eat along with everybody. Again, have a wonderful wedding [emoji512]❤️

Cindy

I can't answer your question, but I wanted to congratulate you on your upcoming wedding. Why not serve a gluten free cake for everyone? I had one last year and I couldn't tell the difference. It was delicious. If you don't say it's gluten free, no one will know and that way you can eat along with everybody. Again, have a wonderful wedding [emoji512]❤️

Cindy

Great idea!

There have been many posts on here from people who have allergies who have asked special_needs@rccl.com about bringing food on board and the answer they have received has been yes they are allowed to bring non-perishable food on board. I take non-perishable to mean that it does not require refrigeration.

I would e mail special needs but I don't think that you will have a problem with your small cake.