Pie day on Eclipse

cruisestitch

Several of the Eclipse Oceanview Cafe lunch buffets have had themes. Look at the back page of the Celebrity Today to see if something "extra" is listed next to "Lunch Buffet". Tomorrow we're docked in St. Lucia and nothing special is listed so it will be a normal "Lunch Buffet".

4th port day, which for this itinerary was Aruba day 2. There were Guinness pies, chicken pot pies, seafood pies, among others.

Cruisestitch is this something new and do you know if on all itineraries and ships?? We are on the Reflection for the 5 time next month and don't remember ever seeing it, but we don't eat lunch often. However, my hubby LOVES pie :D

4th port day, which for this itinerary was Aruba day 2. There were Guinness pies, chicken pot pies, seafood pies, among others.

If I read the Dailies correctly from your sailing, this was an Oceanview lunch offering, correct?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

They looked great when I saw them. I grabbed a ham hock pie. It was terrible, it had barely any filling in it. Other members of our group were also less than impressed. I did comment on the comments card. Hopefully the exec chef will improve things for those sailing soon!

• 1 month later...
They looked great when I saw them. I grabbed a ham hock pie. It was terrible, it had barely any filling in it. Other members of our group were also less than impressed. I did comment on the comments card. Hopefully the exec chef will improve things for those sailing soon!

We also thought the pies were nasty. Not nasty good either. However, they do look pretty and worth taking a photo or two.

We thought the cupcake day lunch was over the top. They were delicious.

Today's theme was pub lunch. I saw fish and chips but I don't know what else the buffet had. I have. I way of knowing if this is specific to Eclipse or if it is fleetwide.

We were on the Eclipse and discovered the Pub lunch. The fish and chips were terrific, the best I've had in a long time. They were cooking the fish right behind the counter so it meant the fish was hot, tasty and not greasy. They had quite a line going. Also one day they had a burrito bar so you could choose your fillings and they would put the finished product in a panni grill. We loved them. Also, on another day they had 3 different kinds of risotto. I tried the mushroom one and it was very tasty.

I don't know if it's on the other ships but it appears that the Oceanview is trying different things during the cruise. I didn't see the specials listed in the Dailies but they had a video playing in Oceanview showing what was going on for each lunch and dinner during the cruise. You might want to check it out and ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were on the Eclipse and discovered the Pub lunch. The fish and chips were terrific, the best I've had in a long time. They were cooking the fish right behind the counter so it meant the fish was hot, tasty and not greasy. They had quite a line going. Also one day they had a burrito bar so you could choose your fillings and they would put the finished product in a panni grill. We loved them. Also, on another day they had 3 different kinds of risotto. I tried the mushroom one and it was very tasty.

I don't know if it's on the other ships but it appears that the Oceanview is trying different things during the cruise. I didn't see the specials listed in the Dailies but they had a video playing in Oceanview showing what was going on for each lunch and dinner during the cruise. You might want to check it out and ask.

BTW we did see Pie Day but didn't try any so can't comment on them.