Rhapsody of the Seas

geoduderob

Just finished our cruise aboard Rhapsody. Food was terrible no matter where you ate. Shopping guide for our ports of call was clueless on issues but she had been doing this for 25 years. Had an issue with our last port in Cozumel with Del Sol(will not buy from them again) and could not find our shopping advisor to let her know. I think she hid from everyone. Loved Roatan and Belize, but Costa Maya is a tourist trap and should be dropped as port. Room attendant had no personality and hardly saw him. Few employees always seemed to have an attitude. This was not our normal Royal Caribbean experience. Feeling disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for your reply can you comment on what excursions you might have taken at the different ports please.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

In Honduras I just walked around the port area. It's very small.

Belize was tender port so I stayed on the ship that day .

Costa maya we went to the crazy lobster. We went with a group and a few crew meet us there.

Cozumel I always go to the Indonesian food place over by the Carnaval dock. Been going there for years with crew.

Sorry your cruise did not meet your expectations. We did the same cruise a few weeks ago and I have to say that start to finish, it was one of the most enjoyable cruises we have been on. Probably because we spent 3 out of 4 ports lying on the beach at all inclusive resorts. :p :D

Oh yes, and welcome to CC. :)

In Honduras I just walked around the port area. It's very small.

Belize was tender port so I stayed on the ship that day .

Costa maya we went to the crazy lobster. We went with a group and a few crew meet us there.

Cozumel I always go to the Indonesian food place over by the Carnaval dock. Been going there for years with crew.

What is the Crazy Lobster? Is it located in the shopping area at the port? We will be there in a couple of months! Thanks

In Roatan we went to Gumbalimba Park. The tour is a bit dull at first not many hummingbirds out early in the morning, insectarium was all preserved bugs from around the world but at least the room was air conditioned. Next is the iguanas which were roaming every where so that was cool. then you come to the birds sone are caged but the macaws are out and a few toucans. you get to hold and have pictures taken with the macaws. now the really cool part is the capuchin monkey area. they get one to hop onto your shoulder so you can get a photo but we were swamped they loved us. i had 4 one me at once..,it was so cool to experience this. i will do it again if i get to go back.

Belize we did the Altun Ha ruins and river boat excursion. we to a boat up the Belize River. We saw manatees at the mouth of the river and as we traveled up there were crocodiles, iguanas, and howler monkeys. at the end of the boat ride was a little restaurant where you can get a bit to eat and they have a few souvenirs you can buy. once done the tour bus arrived dropping off another group and we traded places. we got on the bus to go to the ruins and they to the boat back down the river. the ruins were great, even forced ourselves to climb to the top of the big pyramid. Costa and as I said was a bust even though i read about it. Cozumel we did the beginners scuba excursion and loved it. we were allowed to do a second dive for $45 pp so we did it and the first dive counts towards certification. If you want to but the color changing shirts or sunglasses. they talk about do it in belize as the sunglasses are $49 vs $59 in costa maya or cozumel.

Just finished our cruise aboard Rhapsody. Food was terrible no matter where you ate. Shopping guide for our ports of call was clueless on issues but she had been doing this for 25 years. Had an issue with our last port in Cozumel with Del Sol(will not buy from them again) and could not find our shopping advisor to let her know. I think she hid from everyone. Loved Roatan and Belize, but Costa Maya is a tourist trap and should be dropped as port. Room attendant had no personality and hardly saw him. Few employees always seemed to have an attitude. This was not our normal Royal Caribbean experience. Feeling disappointed.

Sorry to say this, (not really), but whenever a post starts off with the food was terrible ship wide, the food was horrible no matter where I ate, I automatically discount the thread as pure BS......K.O.:rolleyes:

Same cruise as the OP. I couldn't disagree more. This was our 51st cruise and it was as good as any of the others. First of all the ship is a gem, it's a real ship without all the stupid stuff like wave runners, ice skating rinks and shopping malls. We are in our 70s and don't need all that. It does have a small rock climbing wall. Rhapsody is very tastefull designed, very classy and kept spotless. You would hardly know the ship is 20 years old. We love the smaller ships and I hope RCCL keeps the Vision class around for a few more years. My guess is that there will be smaller ships doing cruises out of Tampa for awhile because the larger ones are too tall for the Sunshine bridge and can't sail under it. There has been talk for years about a new port being built around St. Pete Beach but still no action.

Embarkation was a breeze, we were on the ship just before 11am, a record for us. We did the Walk Off with luggage and we were off the ship at 11:20. Just a block walk to the parking lot.

Entertainment was very good except for the comedian on Friday night.

As far as the food, it was excellent for a cruise ship, everything in the MDR and Windjammer was as could as it could get.

Service was also very good especially our waiters, Nikola and Emily. Oscar our cabin steward was also great. We loved the Rhapsody so much we booked another cruise on her while on board for Nov. 26th.

Same cruise as the OP. I couldn't disagree more. This was our 51st cruise and it was as good as any of the others. First of all the ship is a gem, it's a real ship without all the stupid stuff like wave runners, ice skating rinks and shopping malls. We are in our 70s and don't need all that. It does have a small rock climbing wall. Rhapsody is very tastefull designed, very classy and kept spotless. You would hardly know the ship is 20 years old. We love the smaller ships and I hope RCCL keeps the Vision class around for a few more years. My guess is that there will be smaller ships doing cruises out of Tampa for awhile because the larger ones are too tall for the Sunshine bridge and can't sail under it. There has been talk for years about a new port being built around St. Pete Beach but still no action.

Embarkation was a breeze, we were on the ship just before 11am, a record for us. We did the Walk Off with luggage and we were off the ship at 11:20. Just a block walk to the parking lot.

Entertainment was very good except for the comedian on Friday night.

As far as the food, it was excellent for a cruise ship, everything in the MDR and Windjammer was as could as it could get.

Service was also very good especially our waiters, Nikola and Emily. Oscar our cabin steward was also great. We loved the Rhapsody so much we booked another cruise on her while on board for Nov. 26th.

Thank you! We will be on this ship on April 15th and I believe your review.

We were on the same sailing (Feb 4-11) and found the service to be excellent. We had a great waiter and stateroom attendant. We found the food in the Windjammer to be better than average as well.We didn't find the activities to be great, but did enjoy the headliner, El Gaucho.

Agree about the port area in Costa Maya, but once you get out of that area it's great. We heard from others that enjoyed Krazy Lobster, and we enjoyed Maya Chan.

We will be on Rhapsody starting this Saturday (2/18) - so I promise to stop back and give you our comments. Rhapsody was our second cruise back in 1998 to do Alaska - loved the ship then and looking forward to cruising on her again. The only reservation that we have made is in Cozumel at Nachi Cocom (been there before and enjoyed the food and facilities). We have been to Maya Chan in Costa Maya and had a super spot, great food and service - the only downside was the ride to and from the resort..........BUMPY!!!!!

... We have been to Maya Chan in Costa Maya and had a super spot, great food and service - the only downside was the ride to and from the resort..........BUMPY!!!!!

The ride is part of the adventure!:)

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

We were on Rhapsody the week before and had no issues with the food. Friendly and efficient crewmembers too. Interesting how people can have exact opposite views.

Port Shopping advisor? I guess I've been ignoring them long enough to think they went into extinction

Hmm, on this post the emoticons are working again unless you do them manually like John posted.

... Hmm, on this post the emoticons are working again unless you do them manually like John posted.

The emoticons have been working for me. Maybe it's browser dependent. Using Firefox. Here's a confused.:confused:

The emoticons have been working for me. Maybe it's browser dependent. Using Firefox. Here's a confused.:confused:

Maybe, using Chrome at work Pressing the button, its not working again, but I think it worked fine at home via IE. I''ll try that and see. - adding :) manually.