$$ Issues with RCI.

918baker

Hang in there Baker! I think that with written confirmation it still may take a few weeks for the credit to process.

Your comments about them gifting you food are hilarious though - especially with all of the drama on the room service thread!! Haha! Glad your vacation was good otherwise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had a $1,000.00 refund from RCCL due.It was to go onto a CC that had been reissued. Royal tends to refund in odd amounts. Like $750 & $250. Yes it equaled $1,000.00 but our bank (BOA) did not see it as such and sent it back to Royal!!! I suggest you make friends with someone at your branch and let them fight for you! We did get the refund....1 month later!

Best of luck!

We had a $1,000.00 refund from RCCL due.It was to go onto a CC that had been reissued. Royal tends to refund in odd amounts. Like $750 & $250. Yes it equaled $1,000.00 but our bank (BOA) did not see it as such and sent it back to Royal!!! I suggest you make friends with someone at your branch and let them fight for you! We did get the refund....1 month later!

Best of luck!

Thanks for the info! So interesting that they refund in random amounts. When we canceled and rebooked some excursions when they went on sale they refunded my card per person (such as 4 $79 refunds instead of $316 which was the original charge) Anyone know why they do these things?

I called and left a message for the person in disputes handling the process on my bank's end :)

Wow - just wow. Have been silently following this ... I would seriously be in a straight-jacket by now if I were you......

I so wish you could give the name of the parent company of the TA - but you probably can't on here.... not that I was overly interested until I heard about their responses to you - I wouldn't want to engage with a TA with only having that parent company to fall back on incase of problems.

As far as your TA saying that she was making payment using her own credit card, blah blah blah..... (which was probably a stall tactic)..... Sounds like a cat in a litter box - going to throw some sand over the s**t to hide it and keep the stink down for a few days but all the while digging another hole....

Please keep us updated when you successfully get your refund back.... it should NEVER have taken this long to resolve - if they can take it in a day or two, surely they can refund in a day or two.

I'll roll the dice here and see if I get my hand slapped...

If you google "original travel agency from home" the entire first page should be the parent TA company. I know I can't name my actual TA, but steer so far away from anyone that is under their umbrella!

Lord knows RCCL has already charged my card for what we spent on board. Yet it takes them 2+ weeks past written confirmation that they're refunding my money to actually refund it.

I had a great time filling out the post cruise survey this evening!

RCI is becoming the True Carnival Cruise some imagine.

Our first RCI cruise was a mess, for some eason our 10 year old daughter was cash only, instead of on family cc. Can you explain how that happens??

We are older parents, cruised Disney (3), Carnival (2)' Princess (1)' and RCI (1). We are on Allure.

What I have divined about RCI is food is mediocre, website is a mess, internal systems (daughter account) - mess. Food and systems on ALL other cruises vastly superior to RCI. Happy to take kids on mega cruise ship, probably last rci.

Next cruise, Princess to Alaska.

I have a hard time understanding the slavish allegiance to rci.

RCI is becoming the True Carnival Cruise some imagine.

Our first RCI cruise was a mess, for some eason our 10 year old daughter was cash only, instead of on family cc. Can you explain how that happens??

We are older parents, cruised Disney (3), Carnival (2)' Princess (1)' and RCI (1). We are on Allure.

What I have divined about RCI is food is mediocre, website is a mess, internal systems (daughter account) - mess. Food and systems on ALL other cruises vastly superior to RCI. Happy to take kids on mega cruise ship, probably last rci.

Next cruise, Princess to Alaska.

I have a hard time understanding the slavish allegiance to rci.

Ugh I'm sorry you had a nightmare of a time as well! A cash account for a kid? Crazy. RCI's website is enough to drive someone to drink. I was okay with the food on this cruise. Was it wonderful? No, but I always found something I was happy to eat. The desserts on the other hand... I usually just got ice cream.

This was definitely our final cruise on RCI, it was my 4th RCI. My husband has his eye on a 14 day Japan cruise on Celebrity. Nervous to try them when I know it's the same parent company involved!

Can I ask why you even bother to use a TA? You obviously had the ability to sort out this horrible mess by yourself- why not book online and then all transactions are in your control...

Can't speak for the OP but I use a TA for the incentives. My TA had a group booking and incentives that saved me significantly over the RCI prices. It's a trade off - flexibility and control which I generally crave - vs bottom line...

Ugh I'm sorry you had a nightmare of a time as well! A cash account for a kid? Crazy. RCI's website is enough to drive someone to drink!

Maybe that's the plan, with drink prices so high, they can skimp on IT and make more on drinks.

Can I ask why you even bother to use a TA? You obviously had the ability to sort out this horrible mess by yourself- why not book online and then all transactions are in your control...

Hindsight is 20/20 :) I had never had any issues with RCCL or any other cruise line before. I thought it would be a less stressful way to plan my birthday trip 😂 whoops.

I called my bank for an update on the dispute. Apparently without my knowledge that CLOSED my dispute on the September transaction and OPENED a dispute without asking me on a VALID transaction with RC in January (shore excursions) :o:o:o:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So now my bank is disputing the final payment charge asking that it reflect the amount from September. That's great and all but the fraudulent amount isn't attached to my reservation. So they're not going to do jack **** about that one. Bank won't listen to me though.

Still no response from RC from my weekend emails and voicemails from today.

I'm out of words. I just can't. I guess the money is just gone.

What is the latest on Elliott anyway? Have you heard from them recently?

Have you posted on social media yet about your missing money situation?

When I had a problem with RCI and I hit a wall I posted on RCI's Facebook page. After there were a lot if negative comments on their RCI called me.

Me personally i would never let it go no matter how much time I had to use.

Others may feel differently but I work to hard for my money to let some corporation or TA take it.

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I was also wondering what happened with the Elliott people. This is obviously a very complicated situation, I would escalate this at your bank and demand that someone personally handles this after speaking to you in person and making sure they fully understand the entire picture. They are supposed to be working for you. That is what credit card protection means.

It's vital that you are concise and clear in your communications. I would bullet point the facts in a letter sent certified mail with return signature to Bayley's office. You should enclose copies of all your written communications with the TA, and people at RC.

The more words you use, the less they read. You just need to list the dates and amounts you paid, with copies of your credit card statements backing it up, and then list the dates of each communication you had with RC/your TA and the name of the person and a short version of what they said. Stick to the facts, and keep it as brief as possible.

End with the assertion that they owe you $1400 and that you expect to receive it within 7 business days or you will have option but to involve an attorney.

Be careful about threatening them with litigation. Once an attorney is involved, the Elliot people won't help--they might even recuse themselves if you just threaten. And I doubt that that is going to scare RCI.

Go with the Elliot people and Social Media. In addition, there is a travel agency group that many major travel agencies belong and you can make a complaint with them about the TA and the parent company.

Also, it would be great if there was some way you could let people know where you are posting this situation about what happened since you said you were going to post on the internet about the whole situation after the cruise (including, I assume, the info that you can't post on CC). Do you have a blog or something?

I called my bank for an update on the dispute. Apparently without my knowledge that CLOSED my dispute on the September transaction and OPENED a dispute without asking me on a VALID transaction with RC in January (shore excursions) :o:o:o:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So now my bank is disputing the final payment charge asking that it reflect the amount from September. That's great and all but the fraudulent amount isn't attached to my reservation. So they're not going to do jack **** about that one. Bank won't listen to me though.

Still no response from RC from my weekend emails and voicemails from today.

I'm out of words. I just can't. I guess the money is just gone.

Why won't a represent from R. C. reply to this post and give their side of the story. They must be in the wrong.