Drinks Carry On

Potty Terracotta

Going on Crown Princess this summer - do they allow you to take any alcohol on board eg bottle of wine

1 bottle of wine or champagne allowed per person consumable in your stateroom.

Any additional bottles of the same will incur a $15 corkage fee per bottle over the per person limit.

No alcohol.

You are allowed to take 1 750 ml bottle of wine or champagne per adult passenger onboard when you board, free of corkage provided you consume this in your cabin.

For all other bottles of wine or champagne, a charge of $15 per bottle will be assessed and charged to your account regardless of where you drink it. They will place a sticker on these bottles indicating you have paid the fees so you can take it into the dining room or to a bar or just have it in your cabin ... your choice. The number of bottles you bring on is essentially unlimited but I am sure they can request that you be reasonable. If you are going on a 10 day cruise, a case of wine would be within reason whereas 18 cases will probably not fly. ??? Never tried so really not sure, though.

No other types of alcoholic beverages will be allowed for you to bring onboard. No beer or hard liquor are allowed to be brought onboard.

You are allowed to take 1 750 ml bottle of wine or champagne per adult passenger onboard when you board, free of corkage provided you consume this in your cabin.

For all other bottles of wine or champagne, a charge of $15 per bottle will be assessed and charged to your account regardless of where you drink it. They will place a sticker on these bottles indicating you have paid the fees so you can take it into the dining room or to a bar or just have it in your cabin ... your choice. The number of bottles you bring on is essentially unlimited but I am sure they can request that you be reasonable. If you are going on a 10 day cruise, a case of wine would be within reason whereas 18 cases will probably not fly. ??? Never tried so really not sure, though.

No other types of alcoholic beverages will be allowed for you to bring onboard. No beer or hard liquor are allowed to be brought onboard.

Useful information clearly stated.

Yes. It's per cruise, not per day(s). And it should be in your carry-on bag, not checked luggage.

On the other hand, my free Elite booze allotment is the same for a 30-day cruise and a 7-dayer. Life is soooo unfair. #firstworldproblem

I am interested in this. If you are doing a 4 day cruise you are allowed 1 bottle of wine each? But if you are doing a 21 day cruise you are still only allowed 1 bottle of wine each?

That is grossly unfair.

Even if you are doing a 1 day cruise, you are allowed the to bring a bottle of wine or champagne.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the actual "Elite booze allotment"?

Elites get a free per cabin setup of 8 mini bottles (gin, vodka, brandy, Scotch) and a coupla beers, plus soda, mixers and water. You can exchange, say, the vodka for Courvoisier. We're not allowed to carry on more wine than anyone else, though.

BTW, Princess' carry-on policy is more generous than plenty of other lines.

You can bring on wine or champagne in each port as well. I read this in the Patter one day last week on the ship. I brought wine on in three ports. I took a photo.

You have always been able to take any alcohol on board at any port but as the notice says it will be held by the ship till the last night.

You have always been able to take any alcohol on board at any port but as the notice says it will be held by the ship till the last night.

Yes, but just the alcohol is held, at least they don't hold the wine or champagne.

If you win all the great games on board you will have plenty of that great Champagne Princess gives out for winning. :o :o It's made everyday in the boiler room.

Tony

LOL, yes, best to strive for second place and avoid the art auction.