New format for silver/gold/plat/plus coupon packet

MagnoliaBlossom

My daughter is silver but she was allowed to be my guest at the officers dinner and hopefully she will be able to go with me on the tender tomorrow to GSC. She was also allowed to board with me but it could be that was because of the mass confusion at the port last Saturday...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The reference to being charged for sides in Cagneys appears to have quietly disappeared from the NCL website.

There have been a couple of reports from onboard where it seems that they are including a number of sides. 1 or 2 a person I think, I can't remember exactly.

Just off the Epic Feb 26th. Did not use my voucher at Cagneys but when others in my party did, they were told they would have to pay for sides. When the bills came, they had added the sides to the people who where using the SDP so did not charge those using vouchers.

Don't know if they would have been charged if there was no one with them there using SDP but it seems they would have been according to the waiters.

Lois

Sorry no information on Cagneys sides. The new LaCucina menu lists complimentary sides....no more pizza or carbonara but a nice veal dish is among the additions. The coquille St. Jacques appetizer among others is not on the new LaBistro menu. ..... Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't know how new the menu is but it wasn't on Le Bistro menu in November nor last April either.

It's also been over a year since Pizza was one of the La Cucina courses.

Just off the Epic Feb 26th. Did not use my voucher at Cagneys but when others in my party did, they were told they would have to pay for sides. When the bills came, they had added the sides to the people who where using the SDP so did not charge those using vouchers.

Don't know if they would have been charged if there was no one with them there using SDP but it seems they would have been according to the waiters.

Lois

Those with SDP definitely should NOT have been charged for sides. I would have asked for the manager.

I don't know how new the menu is but it wasn't on Le Bistro menu in November nor last April either.

It's also been over a year since Pizza was one of the La Cucina courses.

Those items were removed when the new menus were introduced following the Escape launch in October 2015.

It obviously took a while for the new menus to go fleetwide. There may even now be a couple of ships without them.

Those with SDP definitely should NOT have been charged for sides. I would have asked for the manager.
I think they meant that everyone's sides were put on the ticket(s) covered by the SDP, so in the end no one got charged for their sides.

We had a pizza at La Cucina on the Jade TA last November. It was still the old menus in all the specialties. Probably changing after this month's refurb.

We don't know exactly how this will be interpreted, and I suppose that it is possible that when there are two platinums in a room they will insist that those two people use the vouchers. However, i think it's more likely that they will only need one platinum to be present.

So, if I'm reading it correctly in that you want to take your niece with you rather than your mom then I'm pretty sure you will be fine.

I will take them both and will pay for the other.....it was getting confusing as others interoeted this new situation I was starting to wonder if I could take anyone??? Not sure of the difference of bringing one guest with me and the couple who were each platinum that brought guests and got refused?

We are going to have a great time and not going to get angry with the wait staff no matter what happens......not their fault.

The silver sleeve that contained your coupon for meals, laundry, etc., has been replaced by a blue trifold. It is perforated in places and you tear off the items as needed.

BUT! Be sure to read the text which tells you call the latitude desk for other offers, or something like that. This includes the time and place of the cocktail party. They no longer send an invitation to your cabin.

As platinum plus we did get a phone call but no one in Other groups did. Apparently a few people did call to ask about it but not many. At the party which was for silver through plat plus, there were 40 people there! Oops! So, call and bug your poor rep if you plan on attending the party. She did tell me yesterday that she had been given permission to post the info on her office door, which has been a no no until now. But you will need to make an effort to get the info.

wow,thanks

thanks for the heads up; we are on the Breakaway in 4 weeks; will update when we get back.

Not sure of the difference of bringing one guest with me and the couple who were each platinum that brought guests and got refused?
In that (hypothetical) situation, the Platinum couple wanted to use their SDP and pay for the non-Platinum couple using a voucher. I'm not sure this was ever allowed. One of the Platinum members that received the voucher has to eat one of the dinners?

In that (hypothetical) situation, the Platinum couple wanted to use their SDP and pay for the non-Platinum couple using a voucher. I'm not sure this was ever allowed. One of the Platinum members that received the voucher has to eat one of the dinners?

I was just going to reply, but you beat me to it.

To my understanding, what they were trying to do has never been allowed.

That doesn't mean that it didn't happen (or that it won't the future. On a previous cruise, one platinum didn't use their voucher, so another couple came along with us instead. It wasn't that the staff let them do it, but nobody actually noticed that he wasn't there.

I think they meant that everyone's sides were put on the ticket(s) covered by the SDP, so in the end no one got charged for their sides.

We had a pizza at La Cucina on the Jade TA last November. It was still the old menus in all the specialties. Probably changing after this month's refurb.

I re-read the post and you're right about your interpretation.

It's interesting that you had pizza in La Cucina on the Jade in November since we were on the ta crossing on the Jade in November and did not see pizza on the La Cucina menu. Maybe because we were expecting to see it as a separate course as it used to be.

It will be interesting to see how the second dinner voucher will be handled on NCL Spirit as it does not have a Moderno as an alternative to La Trattoria which is only a partitioned section of the buffet at night.

Hopefully, another option will be offered.

It would be interesting to hear from recent Spirit cruisers.

It will be interesting to see how the second dinner voucher will be handled on NCL Spirit as it does not have a Moderno as an alternative to La Trattoria which is only a partitioned section of the buffet at night.

Hopefully, another option will be offered.

It would be interesting to hear from recent Spirit cruisers.

When we sailed Spirit Dec. 2015 the cert at the time said Le Bistro, Modernos, or LaCucina (which obviously doesn't have a Modernos) so my guess it will only be LaCucina as the alternate. We actually had a great dinner in LaCucina - it was very quiet, not full, the food was prepared right there and it was hot and fast service. We had the old menu but apparently early 2016 they got the new menu.