Queen Victorias World Cruise thread for 2017

roscoe39

Hope you have better weather than we had last year for all the sounds. Very rainy and high winds outside the sounds but still beautiful inside. ~ ~ Never met Hobie last year either. ~ ~ Would love to be having dinner at The Verandah as we did several times and always thought it was a 5 star experience.

Read the QV's itinerary for 2019 and it's nearly exactly what we did last year but missing Madeira which was so special. Wish there was a bit of variety to make it worthwhile.

Enjoy your days on that wonderful, friendly ship.

Patti

Patti, we were on the QE 2015 (was it really only 2 years ago!) and I, too, am wishing that they could find some new ports. I'd love to do another World Cruise and the ships are wonderful, but I want to go to new places - looking at 2019 but segments aren't showing up yet.

Am following this thread with great jealousy. So wish I was on board with you. Glad you are having a good time. Have a drink for me please

Love Pat

Hi Pat - so good to see you pop up on the boards now and them. We just got back from a 2nd trip to Antarctica and are booked on the HAL Amazon trip next winter. Might manage another big chunk of a World Cruise in 2019, we'll have to wait and see.

Looks like the "man overboard" may be a baseball cap....................

Thanks for the update. Good news, indeed.

"A marine search and rescue operation for a cruise ship passenger, believed to have fallen overboard near Sutherland Sound in Fiordland, has been called off.

A New Zealand Rescue Coordination Centre spokesman said it was thought a person from the Queen Victoria fell about 11.30am today and it sent two rescue helicopters from Milford Sound and Te Anau to help the ship's crew.

The alarm was raised by the vessel's onboard radar and thermal imaging system, which indicated a person may have gone over board.

"After a muster, all crew and passengers were accounted for, and after reviewing the data from the alarm system, it appears it was just a piece of clothing," the spokesman said..." copied from https://www.odt.co.nz/regions/southland/passenger-overboard-false-alarm

I can't believe it - safarilad just lost his QM2 baseball hat overboard! He rushed to the Pursers Desk to report the incident, lest we have another man over board affair, and they told him not to worry, it wasn't the baseball cap at fault... the plot thickens.

Alas, despite being Diamond, I have been excluded from tonight's senior officers party because we were invited to one in January, so I can't get the low down on what exactly did happen. Wish Roscoe was here, he would get to the bottom of it............I'm afraid I may end up posting fake news..............

Hi Pat - so good to see you pop up on the boards now and them. We just got back from a 2nd trip to Antarctica and are booked on the HAL Amazon trip next winter. Might manage another big chunk of a World Cruise in 2019, we'll have to wait and see.

So good to hear from you. I so miss being on part of the world cruise. I am going to Banff in September this year and doing the Rocky Mountaineer train to Vancouver then a 7 night Alaska cruise on Princess.

We are all fogged in and can't enter the port of Dunedin. Hopefully the fog will lift later and we will be able to dock. Meanwhile Neil Kelly has organized a busy morning schedule to keep us all occupied.

ok...so get off for ten minutes and you have a man overboard and get fogged in....does that say something to you?>>>> perhaps Im not the cause of all the trouble onboard after all...you better get your act together safrigal I'm just getting ready for the airport now...

ok...so get off for ten minutes and you have a man overboard and get fogged in....does that say something to you?>>>> perhaps Im not the cause of all the trouble onboard after all...you better get your act together safrigal I'm just getting ready for the airport now...

YES! We need you back on board right now. Dunedin is a no go - still foggy so we are off to Akaroa. Who knows what will happen in Akaroa tomorrow :)

YES! We need you back on board right now. Dunedin is a no go - still foggy so we are off to Akaroa. Who knows what will happen in Akaroa tomorrow :)

oh well you didn't want to go to dunedin anyway its only full of haggis and a chocolate factory...(and cadburys at that!)

Akaroa is beautiful....hope its a fine day,

r

Sorry you missed Dunedin - we actually saw it from the land side (we did 5 weeks in camper van, then 5 week cruise home via Vancouver), which was good since I was sick the day the ship was in port. You'll need to go back some day - New Zealand is wonderful.

oh well you didn't want to go to dunedin anyway its only full of haggis and a chocolate factory...(and cadburys at that!)

Akaroa is beautiful....hope its a fine day,

Akaroa is beautiful, but our trip to see the Penguins was cancelled due to the weather :(

Akaroa is beautiful, but our trip to see the Penguins was cancelled due to the weather :(

well today in Wellington its windy...(go figure) and overcast, its meant to be sunny tomorrow so fingers crossed.

You better keep them all in line until tomorrow Safrigal, I don't want any more little "incidents"

well today in Wellington its windy...(go figure) and overcast, its meant to be sunny tomorrow so fingers crossed.

You better keep them all in line until tomorrow Safrigal, I don't want any more little "incidents"

No more incidents - and aren't you impressed about the weather I ordered up for today?

It is not warm, but it is very sunny in Wellington. This is a great port, loads to do, good restaurants, and free wifi galore. I strongly recommend it.

I did see Roscoe looking very cool, going on board again when we returned from our tour.

Looks like we are going to have a great sail away this evening.

No more incidents - and aren't you impressed about the weather I ordered up for today?

It is not warm, but it is very sunny in Wellington. This is a great port, loads to do, good restaurants, and free wifi galore. I strongly recommend it.

I did see Roscoe looking very cool, going on board again when we returned from our tour.

Looks like we are going to have a great sail away this evening.

thanks safrigal....thankyou fro giving such good care to our home away from home...Im just reorganising the cupboards now and dealing to our errant chef who insists on providing us with a "deconstructed" menu.....it seems his idea of a rocky road is to serve the chocolate marshmallow and cherries separately and we have to build it ourselves....

whats the world coming to? next it will be a deconstructed pavlova.

we are racing up the east coast of NZ today, the coast looks beautiful from here., its always the most wonderful way to view scenery...from a ship.

thanks safrigal....thankyou fro giving such good care to our home away from home...Im just reorganising the cupboards now and dealing to our errant chef who insists on providing us with a "deconstructed" menu.....it seems his idea of a rocky road is to serve the chocolate marshmallow and cherries separately and we have to build it ourselves....

whats the world coming to? next it will be a deconstructed pavlova.

we are racing up the east coast of NZ today, the coast looks beautiful from here., its always the most wonderful way to view scenery...from a ship.

Hi guys., sorry for our tardy updates Life is tickling along famously here, formal nights continue to sparkle and shine, cocktail parties - minus one CC member in particular continue….seriously L, i offered to sneak you in, its not my fault you didn't want to slide down the curtain and storm the ballroom) and the food keeps on coming. WE had a couple of medivacs in wellignton, I'm sorry that there are more passengers missing this adventure across the Pacific.

Last night we had a star gazing night, it was probably one of the best Ive been to onboard in a long time, the night conditions were perfect and it was well attended.

Some of the lecturers have been a little hit and miss this secotr, though interestingly enough one of the best has been the Wave guy. Go figure, and Im afraid….the guy with the 1000 voices didn't really do it for me. Thats why belong to Itunes.

Safrigal is still holding court in the Commodre Club, and my office is open every morning in the Cafe Carrinthia - though where it will move to in June I have no idea. Last night we organised for caviar in the Champagne Bar, it will be sadly missed once the bar goes.

Blog updated….

Edited by roscoe39

Roscoe - Thank you so much for your beautiful thoughts on your star gazing evening posted on your blog. FABOO - ABSOLUTELY FABOO!!!

Hugs from New York City.

lol....aw shux thanks...it certainly wasn an inspiring event....

There was an announcement this morning that the firstresponse team were to go to the Commodore Club pantry. I had visions of mybeloved Commodore Club going up in smoke, so tuned the TV to the bridge cam soI could hear all of the announcements. The Commodore updated us that there wassmoke in the pantry but it was being investigated and that passengers did notneed to do anything. Not do anything? OMG if they needed me I would be there topersonally put out the fire. Later the Commodore reassured us that there hadbeen an issue with an air conditioner, but it was all taken care of now, andthere was nothing to worry about. Phew! My Commodore Club was safe.

Safe maybe, but hot. I don’t know if it is a coincidence,but when we went there to have a drink and use our computers before heading tothe pool it was certainly very airless and warm. But it was there

There was an announcement this morning that the firstresponse team were to go to the Commodore Club pantry. I had visions of mybeloved Commodore Club going up in smoke, so tuned the TV to the bridge cam soI could hear all of the announcements. The Commodore updated us that there wassmoke in the pantry but it was being investigated and that passengers did notneed to do anything. Not do anything? OMG if they needed me I would be there topersonally put out the fire. Later the Commodore reassured us that there hadbeen an issue with an air conditioner, but it was all taken care of now, andthere was nothing to worry about. Phew! My Commodore Club was safe.

Safe maybe, but hot. I don’t know if it is a coincidence,but when we went there to have a drink and use our computers before heading tothe pool it was certainly very airless and warm. But it was there

just arrived in Apia to a beautiful pacific day...its warm...oh boy is it warm...we are in for a scorcher.

No sign of Safrigal this morning, they were last seen last night tripping the light fantastic..I think it was abba night. Possibly it was the Bay City Rollers...not sure...

They had a dance type show..I fled, but was a big night on the dance floor witht he big band. There are number of asian couples on board who are excellent dancers and its a pleasure to watch. i even joined them at one stage, I figured everyone was watching them so they wouldnt notice me.

Just wondering, has anyone seen Hobie yet?

I was rereading the QE WC 2018 thread and remembered that he is planning on being on ours. And then I remembered that neither you nor SafariGal had seen him.

Apia is an interesting island. I hope that you found great things to do.

Evana

Just wondering, has anyone seen Hobie yet?

I was rereading the QE WC 2018 thread and remembered that he is planning on being on ours. And then I remembered that neither you nor SafariGal had seen him.

Apia is an interesting island. I hope that you found great things to do.

Evana

yes very strange, he was meant to be on the WC 2016 as well and posted as though he had been on the ship and nothing, this year same thing, no one seems to recognise his avatar either........

interesting...