Queen Victorias World Cruise thread for 2017

roscoe39

It's not every day that you wake up with the Sydney Opera House outside your window. This is the most beautiful harbour - and what's more there is free wifi in the nearby Customs House.

We are done with catching up with boring business needs by email, and are heading for a day on the hop on hop off bus, looking for a seafood restaurant for dinner.

We met Roscoe's Mum in the Commodore Club. As expected, she is a very beautiful, elegant lady - although she has not done our laundry!

We woke to the same sight two weeks ago while on QE - amazing sight!!

DSCN6475.jpg

img upload

Hi all. Have enjoyed reading your exploits across the waves (& indeed within the confines of the various bars).

I guess we will be one of the 1000 to join you tomorrow.

The ship looks magnificent in the harbour. [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi all. Have enjoyed reading your exploits across the waves (& indeed within the confines of the various bars).

Doesn't she look great! Welcome on board. We can usually be found in the Commodore Club on our computers during the day, so look us up

Roscoe... interesting painting you shared on your blog. You know which one... :)

I have no idea what you're talking about....

(I had to distract mother from that one and point out the Canaletto on the other wall).

That's the view I had from by balcony on the QV a few years ago. Brings back memory's.

Love following you and Roscoe on your journey.

Don

aaaahhhhh Don....hi we miss you....the smoking deck will never be the same. Hopefully we will all be onboard next year....

apparently there were over a thousand on and off here in Sydney, though why you would leave such a beautiful town I couldn't imagine...oh wait...yes I can and we are on it.

A lot of passengers went to the opera last night at the Opera House, I haven't heard but Im sure they had a great night. The weather is stunning, it should be a great sailout tonight, although my iPhone tells me the weather for melborne is not so sunny....

We had a Queen group on the ship - hopefully they got off. They were not particularly good and not up to the usual standards we have had so far... although there were reports of Safrigal singing and dancing in the stalls with an iPhone waving it in the air. We dont do that sort of thing in the boxes and quite frankly when they did bohemian rhapsody I made for quieter shores...

Lol. I just saw a group of newbies just gently asked to leave the World Cruise Lounge, they didn't seem to understand that they couldn't help themselves to the sweets and cakes there - though I think they were impressed by Cunards hospitality - initially..

Edited by roscoe39

welcome aboard...

(weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!)

fantastic sail away last night from Sydney, it really is one of the worlds great cities, Ive just up loaded a couple of pics from it to my blog if anyone is interested.

Welcome onboard party tonight for those newbies, as we head through bass strait onto melborne....calm seas...all well...thankyou for asking....

wish you were here...

regards Roscoe

aaaahhhhh Don....hi we miss you....the smoking deck will never be the same. Hopefully we will all be onboard next year....

apparently there were over a thousand on and off here in Sydney, though why you would leave such a beautiful town I couldn't imagine...oh wait...yes I can and we are on it.

A lot of passengers went to the opera last night at the Opera House, I haven't heard but Im sure they had a great night. The weather is stunning, it should be a great sailout tonight, although my iPhone tells me the weather for melborne is not so sunny....

We had a Queen group on the ship - hopefully they got off. They were not particularly good and not up to the usual standards we have had so far... although there were reports of Safrigal singing and dancing in the stalls with an iPhone waving it in the air. We dont do that sort of thing in the boxes and quite frankly when they did bohemian rhapsody I made for quieter shores...

Lol. I just saw a group of newbies just gently asked to leave the World Cruise Lounge, they didn't seem to understand that they couldn't help themselves to the sweets and cakes there - though I think they were impressed by Cunards hospitality - initially..

OMG - I do try travel incognito - hey music is music, and any chance to dance, sing, and wave an iPhone is not one I'll miss.

It's Abba hour tonight - the dancing queen will be there!

OMG - I do try travel incognito - hey music is music, and any chance to dance, sing, and wave an iPhone is not one I'll miss.

It's Abba hour tonight - the dancing queen will be there!

oh god....ABBA....what next? I hope you remembered your white suit and sunglasses my little dancing queen....

having to rush, the 5.45 welcome cocktails start in a minute so if i want to gatecrash in time I need to leave now.....

Rosco

Miss the QV too. Going to stay state side for the next cruise. Wife & I are going to Alaska for our 50th.

When in Melbourne, say hi for my wife. She was actually born there many years ago.

Hope the rest of your trip is a safe and fun one.

Don

Hi, Roscoe.....

So happy to see that you're back floating around shipboard. At sea, you definitely are in your element!

Haven't seen you since the QV days of visiting "Doris Dukes" dive on Oahu.

As a complement, this CC thread should be renamed, "Roscoe's Adventures".

What camera and telephoto lens are you using now to get that excellent close up?

Any sign of the infamous "QM" lady on board? You know the one… her fame proceeds her, and the crew has to nail down the table cloths and secure the hatches.

And, now that Mum's ashore, keep yourself a bit reigned in, but definitely continue being Roscoe.

Have Mucho fun!

T&C

Hi, Roscoe.....

So happy to see that you're back floating around shipboard. At sea, you definitely are in your element!

Haven't seen you since the QV days of visiting "Doris Dukes" dive on Oahu.

As a complement, this CC thread should be renamed, "Roscoe's Adventures".

What camera and telephoto lens are you using now to get that excellent close up?

Any sign of the infamous "QM" lady on board? You know the one… her fame proceeds her, and the crew has to nail down the table cloths and secure the hatches.

And, now that Mum's ashore, keep yourself a bit reigned in, but definitely continue being Roscoe.

Have Mucho fun!

T&C

hey guys, I think you knew that Cunard retrieved my camera from a five and dime store in the Seychelles and flew it to meet us in Capetown last year? So ....back to my faithful canon and new 400 lens. The old one made the rest of the WC then died the day I got home...

I'm very tempted to go back to Doris Dukes house, but it wouldnt be the same without you standing guard while I rifled through her drawers....I can thoroughly recommend it to anyone else looking for something different to do there to. This year Im looking forward to visiting patti, who you will remember from the trip last year...

I do have gossip...but I couldn't possibly.....you know I'm the soul of discretion.

QM is absent this year and I fear will not be seen again.......

we sailed passed the Promontory last night that was advertised on the itin, unfortunately it was a bit foggy but we saw the main bits and it did look a bit spooky in the mist. The storm that we sailed through across the Tasman created Havoc in NZ and I believe sydney is being hit by bad weather so once again we have been very lucky this year....

Ate in the Verandah last night - the menu is fantastic and not all all heavy or overbearing. The presentation was world class, the new dishes the meals served in were fascinating though I don't know how you could put them through the dishwasher...so not practical for me.

The $50 odd dollar charge is well worth it and I believe they have a cheaper option with less choice. I need to go back this trip as I have neglected it so far.

Black and white ball last night saw a great display of finery, fingers crossed that it will continue....

Edited by roscoe39

Hi from the Tasman Sea - a much calmer sea this time :( alas. Things are very quiet on board at the moment - I wonder why? We had a power failure before we left Melbourne, the ice cream machine didn't work while we were on auxiliary power, but all is well now. Looking forward to sailing up the Sounds in New Zealand tomorrow. Life is good!

Hi from the Tasman Sea - a much calmer sea this time :( alas. Things are very quiet on board at the moment - I wonder why? We had a power failure before we left Melbourne, the ice cream machine didn't work while we were on auxiliary power, but all is well now. Looking forward to sailing up the Sounds in New Zealand tomorrow. Life is good!

Hi Safirgal..curious if you or any of our other cruisers have met with Hobie yet? He's apparently been on since Fort Lauderdale and I can't find anyone on board who has seen hide not hair of him. I know we are a big ship but and we can only be in one bar at a time but still...

Hobie if you're out there...drinks are in the commodore club.....

ps...fingers crossed for the weather in the Sounds....

regards Roscoe

Hope you have better weather than we had last year for all the sounds. Very rainy and high winds outside the sounds but still beautiful inside. ~ ~ Never met Hobie last year either. ~ ~ Would love to be having dinner at The Verandah as we did several times and always thought it was a 5 star experience.

Read the QV's itinerary for 2019 and it's nearly exactly what we did last year but missing Madeira which was so special. Wish there was a bit of variety to make it worthwhile.

Enjoy your days on that wonderful, friendly ship.

Patti

Hope you have better weather than we had last year for all the sounds. Very rainy and high winds outside the sounds but still beautiful inside. ~ ~ Never met Hobie last year either. ~ ~ Would love to be having dinner at The Verandah as we did several times and always thought it was a 5 star experience.

Read the QV's itinerary for 2019 and it's nearly exactly what we did last year but missing Madeira which was so special. Wish there was a bit of variety to make it worthwhile.

Enjoy your days on that wonderful, friendly ship.

Patti

looking forward to a catch up in hawaii patti....

Am following this thread with great jealousy. So wish I was on board with you. Glad you are having a good time. Have a drink for me please

Love Pat