Queen Victorias World Cruise thread for 2017

roscoe39

I have enjoyed reading Roscoe's and Safarigal's blogs. You have no idea how envious it makes me feel, thinking of you on the QV somewhere in the Pacific. I am sure other must feel the same.

Perhaps I will meet up with you both again sometime in the future. Looking forward to the release of the 2019 official World itineraries.

Roscoe and SafariGal, GREAT WORK!!!

Every morning when I wake up your blogs are the first ones I look for.

I am on the QE 2018 World cruise from San Fran to Southampton. I am learning so much from both of you.

One thing I am learning is that it will be B@@@@Y hot.;) And here am I constantly out buying new formal dresses. OOPS. I might have to rethink my priorities. Loose and comfortable by the sound of it.

Thank you both for sharing your trip with us. I promise to return the favor next year.

NO NO NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

formal....go high formal...we are rebelling this antipodean casual atmosphere. The air-conditioning on board more than compensates for the tropical heat....

Its been really great to see some imagination this year, yes formal for men means a dinner suit but we have had a sprinkling of kilts, indian swarnis and a nigerian couple who are wearing their national costume. It looks fabulous.

we had the world cruise party last night, it was in the wintergreen which, I was initially a little concerned about but it turned out to be a fabulous venue with the big doors open onto the pool deck.

Ill let Safrigal give a full report because I wasn't meant to be there...

(things were going well until I saw the commodore and beat a hasty retreat to the back of the room)

NO NO NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

formal....go high formal...we are rebelling this antipodean casual atmosphere. The air-conditioning on board more than compensates for the tropical heat....

Its been really great to see some imagination this year, yes formal for men means a dinner suit but we have had a sprinkling of kilts, indian swarnis and a nigerian couple who are wearing their national costume. It looks fabulous.

[end quote]

I assure you dear Roscoe, I am certainly going to be high formal. ;) I have an entire closet in my home dedicated to sparkle and shine and swooshing skirts. My husband will discover my treasure trove about a week before we depart. :cool::cool::cool:

Now my job is to make certain that I stay the same weight. Or go shopping again.

Enjoying both your blogs and looking forward to QV in Melbourne on March 13th. BTW don't just see the Koalas and Kangaroos, Melbourne is a very sophisticated City and great for shopping and restaurants. Supernormal , Cin Cin and Cumulus on Flinders Lane in the City are all great for lunch, but there are many others.

I was a bit put out that the World Cruise party was in the Winter Garden rather than the Queens Room, but it actually worked out very well. They had all of the flags from the countries we are visiting hanging from the roof, soft lighting, and music. The food was excellent, and the bubbly was flowing to my satisfaction. Our favorite interloper looked very suave in a white jacket - he was also looking ultra cool in the pool the other day while playing some form of water polo. Some people just have style!

We are in Tonga today, where the community is in mourning for the late Queen Mother who is actually the mother of the king. She was buried on Wednesday, and there is purple and black bunting everywhere. We are currently in a restaurant called Friends. I have finally found an internet connection that is slower than on board. Who would have thought such a thing was possible!

For 2019 only QV is doing a circumnavigation. QE is going to Alaska, and ends up in Vancouver. Intriguing!

For 2019 only QV is doing a circumnavigation. QE is going to Alaska, and ends up in Vancouver. Intriguing!

Safarigal!! Thats naughty!! You know its meant to be a secret (but if you want to see the full Itins, I have them...you know my cabin number).

Just updating a million photos onto my blog, finally now that we are back in civilisation I have my own NZ wifi I can connect to through my iPhone. Finally Im free of the Cunard one!

Tonga turned out to be a photo op on every corner, the Island is very interesting and its people have character etched into their faces.

Sitting back on the ship and watching the running tide, we are berthed right up against a coral reef....I hope the commodore knows where it is as he backs us out!

Roscoe 39 - I'm loving your blog, thank you :)

you're welcome Scottygirl, hopefully with a better internet connection like today I can post more than one picture per blog!.

Tonga s photos just finished loading.

Thank you for the blog. It sounds like you are experiencing an amazing trip.

We join in San Francisco and onboard till Southampton. 31 nights, our longest time cruising in one go. I was going to ask about how formal is formal onboard, but I have just read here, high formal:D Struggling with packing to be honest with having a week in cool windy SF prior, and then after 3 nights onboard reaching very high temperatures(hopefully). Then back to cooler wear in the Atlantic. Apart from the more formal dress in the evenings, what is the day wear onboard?

Thank you for the blog. It sounds like you are experiencing an amazing trip.

We join in San Francisco and onboard till Southampton. 31 nights, our longest time cruising in one go. I was going to ask about how formal is formal onboard, but I have just read here, high formal:D Struggling with packing to be honest with having a week in cool windy SF prior, and then after 3 nights onboard reaching very high temperatures(hopefully). Then back to cooler wear in the Atlantic. Apart from the more formal dress in the evenings, what is the day wear onboard?

lol...it depends.....most of us are in what I would call resort wear, ralph lauren, slacks polo, etc I wear a blazer, some are in tea shirts and shorts...but we wont go there. Wear smart comfortable and you'll be fine...have a great trip...

The forecast is for a beautiful, calm, sunny day in Auckland tomorrow!!

Just docked in Auckland. Slightly cloudy but fingers crossed for a fine day. Forecast for Bay Of Islands is wet...

Im off home to feed the cat - shes probably hungry by now...I dont know what the problem is, I left her with a can opener.

All onboard tonight is 10.30pm.....Mother is coming on board so I have a pile of washing for her to do.

Edited by roscoe39

Just docked in Auckland. Slightly cloudy but fingers crossed for a fine day. Forecast for Bay Of Islands is wet...

Im off home to feed the cat - shes probably hungry by now...I dont know what the problem is, I left her with a can opener.

All onboard tonight is 10.30pm.....Mother is coming on board so I have a pile of washing for her to do.

Roscoe Dearest...always so sensible..always so fabulous.....do remind mother that we like our Hankechiefs starched!!!

well...Im happy to report Mother is firmly onboard ...my washing is all up today and firmly stated and pressed.....

we are in the bay of Islands today, my home town. Weather a little overcast and we have been warned that the weather is about to turn. We have done very well so far with fine weather so...thats life.

Now..I must dash, Im collecting other stateroom washing to keep mother occupied. She has a busy week ahead of her

r

All you New Zealanders out there, you certainly live in a beautiful part of the world.

We spent our day in Auckland sailing with friends from University days. There was sunshine and gentle breezes, perfect sailing weather. We anchored in a bay on one of the islands, had a great picnic and swam. Perfection! Bay of Islands is also wonderful. But beware the craft market. We will need another suitcase to bring the wonderful things we bought there back home. Best shopping so far! This afternoon we have a boat tour, maybe it will have stopped raining by then.

All you New Zealanders out there, you certainly live in a beautiful part of the world.

We spent our day in Auckland sailing with friends from University days. There was sunshine and gentle breezes, perfect sailing weather. We anchored in a bay on one of the islands, had a great picnic and swam. Perfection! Bay of Islands is also wonderful. But beware the craft market. We will need another suitcase to bring the wonderful things we bought there back home. Best shopping so far! This afternoon we have a boat tour, maybe it will have stopped raining by then.

YES its stopped raining now as your reporter on the spot has reported...we are sitting here in the Bay of Islands with the bow thrusters constantly keeping us in the same spot. It must be too deep to anchor maybe. It was wet today but it was still a nice day and I see there will be some happy with their run in with the local maori tribes. Im about to post some pics on the blog of those who were "fortunate" enough to learn how to paddle a waka!

(and safrigal wasn't one of them unfortunately)

Glad you enjoyed Auckland Safarigirl. We were just in Bay of Islands two weeks ago while on Queen Elizabeth and I know what you mean about the craft market there! Oh your account of those three people on the boat trip - it sounds absolutely awful. That poor butler of theirs trying to read their minds.

Roscoe - I'm loving the humour in your blog! I'm sorry your crossing of the Tasman was so bumpy, we had a very calm crossing must two weeks ago. Your mother looks beautiful in her formal outfit too.

Edited by Scottygirl1

Hi Roscoe - I find myself confused once in awhile these days. The last blog of yours I followed, you and Roy were on the same ship, this time you are headed toward Sydney while he is headed to Rio - but had stormy days about the same time 😜. I've also been enjoying having side by side blogs with safarigal - same cruise, different experiences. Keep sharing your adventures with those of us currently ashore. Thanks

Hi Roscoe - I find myself confused once in awhile these days. The last blog of yours I followed, you and Roy were on the same ship, this time you are headed toward Sydney while he is headed to Rio - but had stormy days about the same time 😜. I've also been enjoying having side by side blogs with safarigal - same cruise, different experiences. Keep sharing your adventures with those of us currently ashore. Thanks

Hi peeps, thanks for your kind comments, Mother and Fathers sense of humour is far more isoteric and extreme than mine, I'm the quiet one.

Here in beautiful Sydney, safely moored, the crossing was not what I expected, I was caught between a rock and a hard place, on one side I wanted a huge storm with us riding the waves like a roller coaster and on the other a flat calm sea for mothers sake.

We got something in between.

There was a yacht who's position was not to far from ours had to be rescued... no we weren't asked to assist. I asked.

But the yachties described the waves as big as buildings... a garden shed perhaps.

There are about 1000 getting on and off over the next few days....

And mother is one of them.

She has a busy day today to catch up with deck 4s laundry..

Roscoe -

Mother looks so beautiful(especially since she is dong such a faboo job on the laundry)but why are you wearing her shoes???(tho they do look lovely on you also). Thanks again for posting..all the best from New York City!:halo:

It's not every day that you wake up with the Sydney Opera House outside your window. This is the most beautiful harbour - and what's more there is free wifi in the nearby Customs House.

We are done with catching up with boring business needs by email, and are heading for a day on the hop on hop off bus, looking for a seafood restaurant for dinner.

We met Roscoe's Mum in the Commodore Club. As expected, she is a very beautiful, elegant lady - although she has not done our laundry!