Anthem suite questions

JAMESCC

We are booked in a regular balcony for September this year but as all is not cruisers do I am looking for the next cruise already. Anyway looking to do a little more luxury this time around. Looked at the Haven on NCL and the c least expensive Haven was $5,500 bucks. Then I looked at Anthem and suites. We could do a junior suite and I believe grand suite cheaper than Haven on NCL. If we go RCCL which would be our preference, what's the difference between a junior suite and grand? What perks do you get with both suites? Thanks for any info.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

We are booked in a regular balcony for September this year but as all is not cruisers do I am looking for the next cruise already. Anyway looking to do a little more luxury this time around. Looked at the Haven on NCL and the c least expensive Haven was $5,500 bucks. Then I looked at Anthem and suites. We could do a junior suite and I believe grand suite cheaper than Haven on NCL. If we go RCCL which would be our preference, what's the difference between a junior suite and grand? What perks do you get with both suites? Thanks for any info.

A Grand Suite has much better perks than a Junior Suite.

See this brochure:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Suites/16049781_RSC_Trade_Flyer.pdf

IMO, a GS would be much better with the benefits that are offered, including access to Coastal Kitchen for all 3 meals, free internet for each member booked in your GS the entire sailing, access to the Concierge Lounge and many other perks. On the link Bob indicated above, GS is listed as Sky class, JS, SJS & FJS would all be listed as a Sea class,

Thanks for the replies, I'll have to check the difference in price between junior suite and grand suite. If it's a different class as was described here then I bet it's much more expensive. You get extra points for grand but not junior correct? I'd like to get extra points and move up in C&A.

Thanks for the replies, I'll have to check the difference in price between junior suite and grand suite. If it's a different class as was described here then I bet it's much more expensive. You get extra points for grand but not junior correct? I'd like to get extra points and move up in C&A.

You would get the same extra points for both a Junior and Grand.

You would get the same extra points for both a Junior and Grand.

Oh wow you used to not get extra points for just a junior suite. Thanks for the info. We may end up in a junior suite, saw a video on YouTube of a junior suite and it's very nice. Grand may be too rich for our blood right now but we'll see, we'll feel it out. Again thanks for the info.

Oh wow you used to not get extra points for just a junior suite. Thanks for the info. We may end up in a junior suite, saw a video on YouTube of a junior suite and it's very nice. Grand may be too rich for our blood right now but we'll see, we'll feel it out. Again thanks for the info.

There have been extra points awarded for Junior Suites since January 21, 2011.

A Grand Suite has much better perks than a Junior Suite.

See this brochure:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Suites/16049781_RSC_Trade_Flyer.pdf

i just read through this and the unlimited specialty dining is a cool part of this. with NCL i just got the 3 pack free. but of course no dedicated 'haven area' on RCI..that i'm aware of

i just read through this and the unlimited specialty dining is a cool part of this. with NCL i just got the 3 pack free. but of course no dedicated 'haven area' on RCI..that i'm aware of

Yes, you are correct, no dedicated haven area on RC. The perks they give are great, but if you want to enjoy the pool deck, you're still sharing with 6000+ other people.

Yes, you are correct, no dedicated haven area on RC. The perks they give are great, but if you want to enjoy the pool deck, you're still sharing with 6000+ other people.

I'm not a pool person anyway, no problem there. Thanks for the post. I mostly enjoy the ship for the modern marvel that it is. I'd love to see the engine room even though I know you can't. The sheer size of these ships and technology that goes into them just totally fascinates me to no end.

We had a junior suite on Anthem in January. Loved the cabin and the huge balcony. We like Windjammer for a quick breakfast and often skip lunch, so having access to Coastal Kitchen for dinner wasn't an issue. I would definitely book a junior suite again.

Oh cool, we might end up booking a junior suite. Oh by the way are there two different junior suites? A spa junior suite and a regular junior suite or am I missing something?

Oh cool, we might end up booking a junior suite. Oh by the way are there two different junior suites? A spa junior suite and a regular junior suite or am I missing something?

Yes. Check out the descriptions on RC's website. There are also cabin diagrams there.

Yes. Check out the descriptions on RC's website. There are also cabin diagrams there.

Is it me or is RCCL website on cabins kinda not great? Maybe I'm just not finding things, but I find the entire website when it comes to really delving into all a certain ship has to offer lacking.

Is it me or is RCCL website on cabins kinda not great? Maybe I'm just not finding things, but I find the entire website when it comes to really delving into all a certain ship has to offer lacking.

It's not you, RC's website is poor.

It's not you, RC's website is poor.

OK good. I did find a bit more on the suites, wish there was much more but I found some good info digging on the RCI website. I like the junior suite, I think its kinda perfect for us. Is the junior suite or the spa junior suite a more expensive suite? Like on the pecking order where does each fit in the category of suites? I like the regular junior suite, layout and bathroom and balcony, really nice.

OK good. I did find a bit more on the suites, wish there was much more but I found some good info digging on the RCI website. I like the junior suite, I think its kinda perfect for us. Is the junior suite or the spa junior suite a more expensive suite? Like on the pecking order where does each fit in the category of suites? I like the regular junior suite, layout and bathroom and balcony, really nice.

Junior Suites are the lowest category of suites. The Spa Junior Suite is one step above the Juinor Suite.

it is better than some sites. even when i've researched the top of the line rooms, some sites just have a tiny thumbnail pic of the 20K room that isnt even expandable!

it is better than some sites. even when i've researched the top of the line rooms, some sites just have a tiny thumbnail pic of the 20K room that isnt even expandable!

Yeah all the lines big and small should do a much better job with pics and info. These are big vacations that cost a lot of money to most people, the should be no stone unturned when it comes to info and pics, add videos to that list.