What is your best/favorite experience ever on an NCL cruise

collegecruiser2020

I have a son that has special needs. When we travel on NCL they treat him like a celebrity. They call and check in and make sure he is ok. From embarkation, to dining, to excursions, to disembarking, the crew of the Jewel, the Breakaway (2x), and the Escape have been terrific. I cannot tell you how many times my wife and I have been brought to the brink of tears by NCL crew for their kindness. They have brought on special foods for him, sent his food to wherever we were eating, brought on specific juice boxes and delivered them every morning. It seems like every trip there is always someone that latches on and makes the trip special for him. That is why we cruises twice last year, and also why we may do it three times this year. Oh... and we like the UBP [emoji924][emoji322][emoji482][emoji483]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh my gosh....my eyes are leaking while reading this! So awesome for NCL to go out of their way like this for y'all. I've never sailed NCL but do have a cruise booked with them in the future. Blessings to you and your family!

OK this is an awesome thread. I've never sailed NCL but do have the EPIC booked in 2019 mostly because I want to see the ship. It's only a 4 day but I'm now considering switching it to a 7 day after reading this thread, mostly due to the stories and memories shared. (THANK YOU, by the way!)

I'd really like to try NCL before 2019, but don't know where to start. We prefer larger ships, and I am not a fan of the port of Miami but will sail from there if necessary.

What ship would you recommend?

One of the most memorable times we have had was when we were docked in Bermuda in St. George's (how I miss docking there) while we were on the Majesty. Anyway, my husband and I were sitting outside on the walkaround deck ourside our room waiting for my in-laws to get ready for dinner. All of a sudden, my sister-in-law runs out and says that there are a bunch of security outside our door and a german shephard. They want to get in our cabin. So, we go back indoors and let security in our room. The dog starts hitting on our safe. Security asks what's in it. We tell them my purse. I take the purse out and and empty it. The dog is consistent, still banging on our safe. Security said if we had anything for "personal" consumption to let them know. We don't do drugs and tell them so. Finally, they tell us that the dog is hitting on our room from a residual scent. My husband and I thought this was the coolest thing ever. Seriously. To see a working dog in action. Meanwhile, my mother-in-law is having anxiety. LOL. Finally, security apologizes to us and thanks us for our cooperation. We will never forget this day. Very cool!

2 standouts:

1) Teaching my son how to play chess using the big out doors set near Moderno's. He loved it and wanted to play all the time. Fun games, great view.

2) After a busy day sitting in the tub in our suite, drinking a cold beer and alternately looking out the window at the waves and watching a football game on the tv. Bout as relaxed as I can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One of the most memorable times we have had was when we were docked in Bermuda in St. George's (how I miss docking there) while we were on the Majesty. Anyway, my husband and I were sitting outside on the walkaround deck ourside our room waiting for my in-laws to get ready for dinner. All of a sudden, my sister-in-law runs out and says that there are a bunch of security outside our door and a german shephard. They want to get in our cabin. So, we go back indoors and let security in our room. The dog starts hitting on our safe. Security asks what's in it. We tell them my purse. I take the purse out and and empty it. The dog is consistent, still banging on our safe. Security said if we had anything for "personal" consumption to let them know. We don't do drugs and tell them so. Finally, they tell us that the dog is hitting on our room from a residual scent. My husband and I thought this was the coolest thing ever. Seriously. To see a working dog in action. Meanwhile, my mother-in-law is having anxiety. LOL. Finally, security apologizes to us and thanks us for our cooperation. We will never forget this day. Very cool!

Your favorite cruise memory is being subjected to a warrantless search?

Mine was on the Pride of America. We had a waiter named Gary, who just went above and beyond to bond with us, and make our trip the best ever. Gary has since left NCL, but when I think of NCL, I think of him and all he did for us.

Edited by Imalismom

Your favorite cruise memory is being subjected to a warrantless search?

I didn't say it was my favorite cruise memory. I said it was just very memorable. Anyway, we had nothing to hide, and like I said, it was wild watching a working dog do his thing. It's not unusual to have a dog with security walking up and down the corridors while docked in Bermuda. Most people don't see it because they are off the ship at the time.

I didn't say it was my favorite cruise memory. I said it was just very memorable. Anyway, we had nothing to hide, and like I said, it was wild watching a working dog do his thing. It's not unusual to have a dog with security walking up and down the corridors while docked in Bermuda. Most people don't see it because they are off the ship at the time.

LoL

The dog at the gangway tagged D. W. with a new legal pain prescription in the origin container.

No problem, Not a favorite memory, But certanly an unforgettable memory .

My was a best of times and the worst all in a great cruise it was June of 2001 cruising out of NY me the love of my life and my great new video camera it was our first cruise has we left port I filmed from the pool deck the sights which included the World Trade Center towers there they were as we sailed by we had 7 great days on our first cruise we loved the crew and in 2015 I went on my second cruise on the Breakaway love the ship this time no towers and no love of my life I lost her to cancer in 2008 and we all know what happen in September 2001. I still cry when I watch that video knowing what is gone.

Sent from my Lenovo YB1-X90F using Forums mobile app

:) That must have been hard for you to share. So sorry for your loss. I have a similar story so I can empathize with you.

My was a best of times and the worst all in a great cruise it was June of 2001 cruising out of NY me the love of my life and my great new video camera it was our first cruise has we left port I filmed from the pool deck the sights which included the World Trade Center towers there they were as we sailed by we had 7 great days on our first cruise we loved the crew and in 2015 I went on my second cruise on the Breakaway love the ship this time no towers and no love of my life I lost her to cancer in 2008 and we all know what happen in September 2001. I still cry when I watch that video knowing what is gone.

Sent from my Lenovo YB1-X90F using Forums mobile app

I am so sorry. I am glad you have wonderful memories to cherish.

Nice thread ! My wife and I are 'glass half full' types, especially when it comes to first world problems like actually complaining about a cruise, lol. We have now been on 3 cruises (all NCL) and have enjoyed all three of them.

My two favorite cruise memories are:

1. My wife and I's first cruise, October 2013 on the Breakaway, which was our honeymoon. It was the Florida/Bahama's run and we were hooked after this cruise. Maybe it was because it was our honeymoon, but everyday of that cruise was amazing (weather, staff on the Breakaway, other guests we interacted with) and we couldn't wait to cruise again.

2. My wife and I taking her parents (ages 77 and 67) on their very first cruise this past December.

We booked a two bedroom villa on the Gem (her parents didn't know what type of cabin they were going to be in) and my wife and I stayed in the kids bedroom and her parents had the master with the GIANT bathroom.

We gifted them the specialty dining package and the UBP. For their first cruise it was 1st class all the way.

My wife's father has a mobility issue ( replaced knee, needs a new hip) so walking distances greater than 100 yards becomes a chore for him.

The staff of the Gem (in my opinion) went above and beyond and provided a wheel chair when necessary and ensured that embarkation and disembarkation were an easy process.

What made the cruise so special was that my In-Law's had that "5 year old child at Disney for the first time" look on their faces every single day of the cruise, from the special treatment at embarkation to the daily delivery of snacks by the butler, to dining in the specialty restaurants (especially Cagney's) to both of them enjoying their first ever 'PainKiller' on Jost Van Dyke and everything that happened in-between.

My Father-In-Law looked at me (while on Jost Van Dyke) and said, "This is the best vacation I have ever been on". That is why this cruise was so special to my wife and I, as her Dad is a man of few words, and him saying that means it truly meant something to him.

They too are now hooked on cruising and we are more than happy that they agreed to cruise with us again this coming December on the Epic.

Regards,

Vinegarjoe

We will be on the same cruise in December. :)

Two great memories stand out to me:

For our 10th wedding anniversary, my husband and I took a cruise on the Epic. During the trip, we participated in the Chef's Table in the Haven Restaurant. It was a 10-course meal with 4 wine pairings. Amazing food and such a unique experience. There were 6 couples in all at the dinner, and by the end of the meal we were fast friends and went out to one of the bars afterward.

The other fond memory is touring the bridge on the Jewel. We met the Captain and several other officers. My son even got to steer the ship. aaea25788cc77965c4858e6e9fc95231.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year I was on Epic in the med with my daughter who is visually impaired. From embarkation to disembarkation she was treated so well. They couldn't do enough for her. It made her so happy that NCL cared enough to ensure she had a personal orientation of the ship, got her seated at shows on seats that suited her disability, tried to get her a seat in a busy buffet on sea days as she tried to weave in and out of people with her cane. Nothing was an issue. It made me so happy to see her so content, confident and happy to cruise. She has the cruising bug now. Only thing, she won't be with me in a few weeks cruising out of Port Canaveral so I won't get that special special treatment but nonetheless I will have a great time.

Thanks NCL.