What is your best/favorite experience ever on an NCL cruise

collegecruiser2020

I have spent 2 Christmas's and 1 Thanksgiving on The Getaway. This Fall I am going to spend my 71st birthday on The Getaway. Always a good time.

On the Thanksgiving cruise there were a group of people traveling together ( about 40). On Thanksgiving evening half were dressed as Pilgrims and half as Indians.

I have a son that has special needs. When we travel on NCL they treat him like a celebrity. They call and check in and make sure he is ok. From embarkation, to dining, to excursions, to disembarking, the crew of the Jewel, the Breakaway (2x), and the Escape have been terrific. I cannot tell you how many times my wife and I have been brought to the brink of tears by NCL crew for their kindness. They have brought on special foods for him, sent his food to wherever we were eating, brought on specific juice boxes and delivered them every morning. It seems like every trip there is always someone that latches on and makes the trip special for him. That is why we cruises twice last year, and also why we may do it three times this year. Oh... and we like the UBP [emoji924][emoji322][emoji482][emoji483]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My sister and her husband joined my wife and me on our Panama Canal cruise. The second night of the cruise we ate dinner in the Aqua dining room. After finishing the entrée we were given dessert menus to order from and my sister told our waiter no dessert for her. When the desserts were brought to our table my sister was served an empty plate with the words “no dessert” written with chocolate sauce. We all got quite a chuckle out of that gesture. It was a little thing but it puts us in a great mood for the rest of the evening.

Winning an upgrade to the OS on the Pearl playing Bingo!!!! Downside?? Now we are stuck on sailing in the Haven and thanks to that free upgrade NCL has convinced me to spend quite a pretty penny for my last 8 cruises. Hey you only live once.

Being an artist I was beside myself as we were seated at the table with a famous artist

( Renoir) original painting along side us locked in a glass case in Le Bistro on the Dawn. There were many pieces of original art throughout the ship and it was considered the worlds most expensive collection. 413146940.jpg

My favorite cruise was when we spent just about everyday lounging in spice H2O on the big bed loungers they use to have with the gigantic umbrellas. It Was the most relaxing cruise only down side it went by so fast!

Cruise out of New York few years ago. Had a wind storm in D.C. Called a derecho,,, oddly like the wind last night. Storm blew down most of the power lines in Virginia, Maryland area. Acela was canceled to New York, had to drive to NYC. Got really lost, ended up driving through all the boroughs. Feeling as the ship went under the bridge from the top deck after passing the Statue of Liberty with my daughter,,, awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

NCL Getaway June 2015- My first cruise ever! Sailed with my Mom to celebrate her birthday and my son to celebrate his H.S. graduation. Had a regular balcony cabin booked for the 3 of us. Kept watching prices and upgraded to a SPA balcony cabin for a total of $60 shortly before sailing.

NCL Getaway October 2016 - My second cruise- this time celebrating my upcoming 50th birthday. 4 of us booked in an M6 (mini suite w/large balcony), knowing it was going to be a bit tight but vowing to make it work. The cruise departs on a Sunday- I called the upsell department on the Friday afternoon before we leave and got an H4 for only $500 pp. Major score :D

Enough of all the complaining we need something to brighten up everybody. Now we all know if you come here you know all the ins and outs of cruising and have been on so many trips, so what is your best or favorite experience ever?

In 1 word NONE!!!!!

The last sea day on the gem cruising back to NYC in Jan 2016

Just me and my 2 college kids

Up on the sun deck in 80 degree sun

Sitting and chatting all day long with other like minded folks from New York who were also cruising with their college kids

The most down to earth logical thinking realistic people I've ever had the pleasure to meet

Parents and kids !!!! Not a snowflake among them...