hotel near Lincoln road mall

Marie51

Looking for a hotel within easy walking distance to Lincoln Road mall. By easy walk I mean no more than about 3 blocks. Thanks in advance

Lincoln Road Mall is more than a mile long, and there are no hotels close to the midpoint thus none truly convenient to the mall in its entirety. The closest hotels are on Collins Avenue about 2 to 3 blocks east of the easternmost end of the pedestrian-only section of Lincoln. The Ritz-Carlton and the Loews are on either side of the intersection of Lincoln and Collins but during the peak season one night at either will cost about the same as a four or five night cruise. If that exceeds your budget you will have to plan on walking a couple more blocks: there is a Courtyard Marriott about three blocks south on Washington Ave, and several boutique hotels on Collins between 18th and 20th (boutique roughly translating to "tiny rooms").

If you have a budget and time of year in mind you will get more specific recommendations.

Our son had his wedding last November at the National Hotel (1677 Collins Avenue) just a half a block to Lincoln Road. It is a gorgeous art deco hotel (recently renovated) with spectacular pools and grounds and opens onto the boardwalk and beach. The location is wonderful. It isn't cheap in season but you should be able to get a much better price in late June. http://nationalhotel.com/

Surfcomber is located at 1717 Collins, It was one block to Lincoln Road Mall. It was a Doubletree when I stayed there but I believe it is now a Kimpton (or something close to that). Rooms are small but great location on the beach and if you are only there one night I'm sure you will be pleased.

Thank you to everyone who replied. I found the National hotel for $113 for the night of June 25 so I'm going to book that one as it is a great rate.

I hope you love it! BTW, the food - based on the catering for the wedding and the poolside bar - is excellent too. Have a great time!

We rented an apartment for a few days right behind there on Pennsylvania Ave. on AirBnB and it was cheaper than any hotel we found in the area.

Have you stayed here yet? Beware, AirBnB is on the news all the time on how people rip off unsuspecting guests out of money renting illegally or apartments they do not own.

Carolyn said downtown people are kept from even being able check into illegal rentals.

Have you stayed here yet? Beware, AirBnB is on the news all the time on how people rip off unsuspecting guests out of money renting illegally or apartments they do not own.

Carolyn said downtown people are kept from even being able check into illegal rentals.

We have not, staying in May. Believe me, we did extensive research on the place and the host has solid reviews and is a "gold star" (or whatever AirBnBs verbiage is) host. Not one of these with 10 mixed reviews on 1 property and nothing else.