Oasis vs Rhapsody

Getting ready to go on our cruise, and am thinking about what to book for next year while onboard :). We LOVE big ships!! So, any thoughts on Rhapsody vs Oasis? Rhapsody has 4 ports, including Grand Cayman (which DH has not gone to). Oasis is cheaper, but has 3 ports we've gone to a bunch. So far, we love Oasis class best :). Is Rhapsody nice? Would love your input!!! We haven't gone on either ship yet. But, loved Allure, not really fans of Majesty and Oasis...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Depends on what you like to do onboard. I love the small boats. I think the staff and the service is much more personable. We are doing our first 'big boat' trip on Oasis. I like Liberty, and Navigator size... but I had an awesome time on Serenade too. What is it about the big boats that you like so much?

I'm kind of ADHD, and love all of the things to do on the big ships :). And I love roaming around aimlessly, always seeing something new :). I don't mind always feeling a little lost! Majesty just felt "small". And Adventure felt "old"

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We mix it up. Was on Rhapsody in December, then Oasis a couple of weeks ago.

Loved them both! :)

Once asked a dear Pinnacle friend which ship she loved the best...answer:

"I love the ship I am currently on the best". :D Smart girl!

You sound similar to us. We love the Oasis class. Our last cruise on Adventure was such a disappointment after cruising several times on Oasis class.

The main difference for us is the number of and quality of the shows. Also the extra variety in dining options. Finally all the common areas (Promenade, Boardwalk, and Central Park) just gives the ship a more resort like feeling. Even the walking / running track on its own deck provides another area to escape to. We felt ourselves at times wandering the Adventure wondering what we should do and could not find anywhere to get away from the crowds. Never had that problem on Oasis class.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The big ships are a destination in their self, with many activities if you are looking for many things to do, that is the type of ship you should go for. We personally prefer the smaller ships, and even investigating Azamara for that reason.

Got off Rhapsody two weeks ago.Very nice ship, and excellent crew. Really enjoyed the ability to sit on a lounger on the outside promenade deck, in a quiet environment, with an expansive view of the ocean.

It depends on what kind of cruise we are taking.

If it's very port intensive, lots of stops, and get get into small nook and cranny ports- Rhapsody all day long- we loved it in Alaska and the eastern Med, and we look forward to her sister from Ottawa this fall.

If it's all about the ship- Oasis class all day long.

For a Caribbean port cruise- there are not many ports where the Rhapsody would make it that much of an advantage. And since we did Grand Cayman on the Freedom earlier this year- I'd find a different way to that island than the Rhapsody.

Rhapsody vs Oasis is almost like life boat vs mother ship. Personally I like the mid-size ships quite a bit but if you are a big ship fan then Rhapsody is probably going to disappoint.

I would likely agree with this. If you thought Adventure seemed old... LOL. I love Rhapsody. She will always be special to me. But I like the smaller ships, closer nit groups (both crew and passengers).

Oasis will always have very predictable and "generic" ports as many ports can't take an Oasis size ship.

There is no real good answer to your question, if you prefer big ships, then you will be disappointed with Rhapsody.

Personally, I've been on Anthem, Independence, Jewel and Grandeur. Do you know know what the top cruise is for me? Grandeur.

Not saying the other ones were bad (okay, Jewel was the worse cruise i've been on, but that's another story), but Grandeur just hit those subtle notes that launched a cruise experience from great to awesome. Great staff, great food, great people, great entertainment. Sure it lacked the bells and whistles, but for me, that cruise hammered down what a cruise experience should be and the bells and whistles were just novelties.