LIVE From the Harmony OTS with Trainman-2, Judith, Ally, & Lyric

Trainman-2

Hi Trainman: Looking forward to your reports from Harmony. Will be on Harmony in Jan next year. I am interested on how you get the room overlooking the Port? I remember your last trip to Lauderdale and you stayed in a room overlooking the Port. Do you book ahead or request this at check in? Is the room a special category? Anyway, any help in how I reserve a similar room for next year would be appreciated.

Been following you for several years and always look forward each morning to what adventure your engaged in! You introduced me, a few years ago, to The Curse of Oak Island, and have been watching ever since on the History channel. Next week is the final for this season, still no gold treasure but maybe the last episode for the season will reveal some?

You and Judith and Family have a great cruise and many of your fans will be following once again.

Barry

Thank you for taking us along! I can't wait to read your posts everyday!! My DH and I have not been on a cruise in awhile and I just booked Brilliance of the Seas out of Tampa for the end of March. Can't wait to get back out there! This cruise will help tide me over. Have a wonderful time!

Hi Trainman: Looking forward to your reports from Harmony. Will be on Harmony in Jan next year. I am interested on how you get the room overlooking the Port? I remember your last trip to Lauderdale and you stayed in a room overlooking the Port. Do you book ahead or request this at check in? Is the room a special category? Anyway, any help in how I reserve a similar room for next year would be appreciated.

Been following you for several years and always look forward each morning to what adventure your engaged in! You introduced me, a few years ago, to The Curse of Oak Island, and have been watching ever since on the History channel. Next week is the final for this season, still no gold treasure but maybe the last episode for the season will reveal some?

You and Judith and Family have a great cruise and many of your fans will be following once again.

Barry

When I first made the reservation I asked nicely for a room high up on the "Tower" facing the cruise port. I called a few days ago and confirmed my request.

FYI

we are on FOS returning from a western cruise, about 300 miles from FLL. Harmony is just to the south of us on a parallel coarse, we are scheduled to arrive at the sea bouy at 430 am, Harmony is scheduled for 515.

DSCN0867_zpskvzsa25z.jpg

We could not identify the RCI ship but it sailed about 7:30 pm

Definitely Independence of the Seas. Cantilever hot-tubs shows she's a Freedom class and the lack of slides or modifications above the spa mean that she can't be Liberty or Freedom. :)

We got some new "high tech" rollators and can sit in them in the smoking area on the pool deck. I will post up a photo as soon as we are on board and can get someone to shoot one for us.

I bought the same rollator that you have for my husband and we took it on the NCL Gem a few weeks ago. It's big but much better than the standard rollator he had. He has limited mobility so when there is a line or at check-in he can sit down and I like that you just pull up in the center to fold it up. Thank you

Theresa

Every now and then, I get really, really lucky with a photo!

Look closely and see if you can figure out what you are looking at!

DSCN0911_zpsufqw53uy.jpg

Can you see it?

Look under and through the right side of the bridge at what appears to be the base of the port offices and control tower.

See the black "thingie?"

I couldn't see it but another guy told me where it was and I adjusted my camera to the maximum telephoto setting, crossed my fingers, took the shot, and got it!

It is a genuine US Navy Nuclear Submarine that had entered the turning basin to offload 15 crew members and onload 15 replacements. thumbsup_zps5d13f512.gif The "black "thingie" is the "Sail" (formerly called the conning tower) and you can just see the black hull of the sub. It is bow to the west (right in the photo)

The Florida Marine Patrol, the US Coast Guard, and all of the other law enforcement boats that were in the area shut down all marine traffic on the ICW and the turning basin while the sub was there. We had just boarded the Water Taxi and were headed north away from the bridge when I shot the photo.

I heard later that it took only 10 minutes to change the crew members and then the sub turned and headed back out through the channel to the Atlantic Ocean where it submerged.

We had a great time today on the Water Taxi and I recommend it to anyone who can schedule an extra day before or after a cruise.

Go to the web site: www.watertaxi.com and buy your tickets in advance. You can print them out and when you board they will scan them and give you a "real" ticket.

There is no need to wait in line when you board to have your internet ticket scanned. Find a good seat and they will announce later to check in and have your ticket scanned.

The single deck water taxis do not have bathrooms on board!

Most of the double deck water taxis also have a bar on board.

The routes are "Hop On, Hop Off" the tickets are good for 24 hours.

One stop is right downtown if you want to get off and walk around and explore. There are other stops at well know eateries.

You will really have an opportunity to see how the rich folks live and admire their homes. There are a lot of multi million dollar homes for sale. Bring your check book! thumbsup_zps5d13f512.gif

I will be posting a lot of random photos from our trip.

We are sailing April 1, ariving noon on March 30 so we will have a whole extra day in FLL. Looking forward to photos and any information on the water taxi. We will have one in a small scooter so getting in and out of regular taxi's or Uber just wont work for us, so hope the water taxi will be a good choice for us to get around. Thanks for taking time from your vacation to keep us all filled in :)

Bev

Sent from my SM-T900 using Forums mobile app

So excited to follow along on your cruise! We leave on Allure in 3 weeks, and your cruise will help pass the time until we board. I love your live reviews, and I can't wait to hear about your experiences and see your photos. Your fans in Texas are ready to sail with you and yours....Bon Voyage!

We are sailing April 1, ariving noon on March 30 so we will have a whole extra day in FLL. Looking forward to photos and any information on the water taxi. We will have one in a small scooter so getting in and out of regular taxi's or Uber just wont work for us, so hope the water taxi will be a good choice for us to get around. Thanks for taking time from your vacation to keep us all filled in :)

Bev

Sent from my SM-T900 using Forums mobile app

The Water Taxi's Stop No 6 is in front of the Hilton. It is actually under the bridge and there is plenty of free parking there under the bridge. I am sure that if your scooter is a small one, the crew could lift it on to and off of the water taxi. Whoever is using it would have to walk a few steps to a place to sit once on board.

Get a phone number from the web site and give them a call to find out for sure.

Judith's Service Dog, Booty, is staying at Pet Paradise in Palm Coast, FL. Today we got our first daily report and photo.

Booty-17_zpsxortc3en.jpg

My favoriteactivity is…

I love PLAYTIME!

My favorite partof playtime is...

Running around with my friends!

My favoritefriend is…

I had so much fun playing tagwith Toby and Sophie!

My appetite hasbeen…

I can’t wait for dinner tonight!

So far myfavorite part of being in Pet Paradise is…

Playing with my friends, andrelaxing in my suite!

Miss you!

-Booty