LIVE From the Harmony OTS with Trainman-2, Judith, Ally, & Lyric

Trainman-2

I thought the same thing on the Oasis. Next thing you know they'll add RCCL commercials in between the videos.[/quote

Muster station drills used to be worse. You had to put on your life preservers, line up in the sun and heat then the drill would start. So yes crowded and best to wait until the crowd dissipates then go to your destination.

You are so correct. We had an older lady pass out one year during our standing like sardines in our life jackets on a 100 degree deck. Of course then you had the mad dash up/down the stairs with life jacket belts dragging and people tripping trying to make it to a spot for sail-a-way and the confetti throwing. Ah those were the days.

Next up was lunch at Park Cafe!

The roast beef and egg salad sandwiches are always excellent, I also had Creme of Chicken soup which was good but not spectacular as some of the Park Cafe's soup offerings in the past have been.

DSCN0982_zpsjtdntfif.jpg

The egg salad sandwich comes prepackaged? Looks like it came out of a vending machine. :eek: Roost beef sandwich looks like what I would expect. Enjoy your cruise.

I do prefer the newer way of holding muster drills. I'm short, so having to wear the life jacket while walking down the stairs was just an accident waiting to happen for me. Knock on wood, it didn't happen. Must be because we cruised twice on Princess (where you carry your life jacket to an inside lounge) before we next cruised on Allure and Oasis. By the time we cruised on Explorer, we sat in the MDR with no life jackets! I'd rather listen to the washy-washy jingle while sitting in a cool, comfy chair. Although on Allure and Oasis our muster station was on one side of the Rising Tide Bar or the other -- standing only. Since then we've been lucky. Will our luck have run out on Carnival??

Looking forward to the family photos!

They have two or three guys in a back room right behind the public part of the Park Cafe that pre-make many of their offerings.

They are made fresh on the ship the day they are served.

This doesn't bother me because it speeds up service and the stuff is pretty good!

They have two or three guys in a back room right behind the public part of the Park Cafe that pre-make many of their offerings.

They are made fresh on the ship the day they are served.

This doesn't bother me because it speeds up service and the stuff is pretty good!

Thanks. I've never seen packaged sandwich's on any of our cruises so it just looked weird to me. Maybe I need to start paying more attention. Ya learn something new everyday. :D

Edited by davekathy

Have a fantastic cruise!! We're on in 62 days and can't wait to read your review. Thank you for taking the time to share your vacation with us.

You are right that has to be the ugliest sculpture by the pool. And those Adirondack chairs have got to go. I'm thinking maybe cushions might help :-/

Have a great time. You all look so excited and Lyric is just too cute.

Liz :-)

You are so correct. We had an older lady pass out one year during our standing like sardines in our life jackets on a 100 degree deck. Of course then you had the mad dash up/down the stairs with life jacket belts dragging and people tripping trying to make it to a spot for sail-a-way and the confetti throwing. Ah those were the dayI

I do not remember the confetti throwing, just saw it on Love boat! lol

Love the video of the runners. Funny when you're on the ship, but not so if you're doing the running. Everyone is so excited about this review, we managed to get the CC servers down for over six hours. Coincidence that the servers crash when you go live? [emoji33]Me thinks not[emoji2].

Max and Booty seem to be doing fine.

Thanks for taking us along

Cindy

I have already had my morning coffee and am on my second cup already.

We are in Cabin 9162 which is on the port side, forward and opposite the forward elevator lobby. I took my Rollator (there is going to be a lot of walking on this cruise) and headed from the cabin, to the elevators, down to Deck 5, and to the Cafe Promenade for my morning coffee.

The Coffee Spot has been greatly improved! They now have dispensers for Skim Milk, Half & Half, and Regular milk. The location has been moved so that the crew has access from the rear which makes it really easy for them to change our an empty coffee "jug" with a full one and there are no more tiny little half & half containers that are always left scattered around by my lazy, fellow cruisers.

DSCN1019_zpsrnhjrrf4.jpg

I purchased an optional cup holder for my Rollator which is working out just great!

DSCN1018_zps7nkpyaxn.jpg

There was no action at all in the smoking area on Deck 15 when I arrived about 4:30 am but soon there were a bunch of veterans that had trickled up there and we all enjoyed chatting and telling our stories.

DSCN1014_zps3q6kdmis.jpg

The Aft men's Room on the Port side of Deck 15 is quite nice and includes an inspirational cartoon on the wall.

DSCN1016_zpskpd0kopt.jpg

DSCN1015_zpssb2r45ze.jpg

Thanks. I've never seen packaged sandwich's on any of our cruises so it just looked weird to me. Maybe I need to start paying more attention. Ya learn something new everyday. :D

Thanks for the great family pics! Nice to bring a picnic lunch from the park cafe when you go on a shore excursion-good to bring an insultated bag on the cruise.

On my way down to the Cafe for my second cup of coffee I stopped at the "Royal IQ."

I tapped my Sea Pass as instructed and got a blank screen that wouldn't do anything for me.

I guess my "IQ" wasn't high enough to figure out what to do. But, sooner or later, I will figure outwhat the Royal IQ is for.

DSCN1017_zps8kohijss.jpg