LIVE From the Harmony OTS with Trainman-2, Judith, Ally, & Lyric

Trainman-2

This is the chair that was at the little desk in our Handicapped (Accessible) cabin.

The top of the back doesn't even come up to the back of my waist when I am seated. I asked our Cabin Attendant for a "regular" chair and he stole one from somewhere for me. (He's gonna get a big tip!)

DSCN0998_zpsyrglqugo.jpg

I despise those little chairs with the half back. I don't know what they were thinking! First ran into them on Quantum...where there were a lot of uncomfortable chairs and seats. Harmony has a lot of "Quantum" features; kind of a hybrid between Quantum & Oasis class.

The Park Cafe has lots of "pre-packaged" things which has become a "Grab & Go" type operation.

Fruit cups and sandwiches are the big two. But they have a Ham, Egg, & Cheese Muffin which is excellent. The back room gang makes them and brings our a tray full of them. The front guy puts them in a "sandwich griller" that toasts the muffin and heats them up. They are ready in about a minute! WE love them!

This is, IMHO, the weirdest and ugliest "work of art" I have ever seen on any RCI Ship!

Not only that, but there are at least two of them. One on each end of the Sports Pool!

DSCN0987_zpsijsudd4m.jpg

I think they must have been inspired by Sideshow Bob

article-2568910-0C6AD58100000578-892_470x468.jpg

dp

I tapped my Sea Pass as instructed and got a blank screen that wouldn't do anything for me.

I guess my "IQ" wasn't high enough to figure out what to do. But, sooner or later, I will figure outwhat the Royal IQ is for.

We ordered a shore excursion via the TV and had to go to the Royal IQ to print out our tickets. Was super easy to do - that is, of course, when they work.

Judy

You are so correct. We had an older lady pass out one year during our standing like sardines in our life jackets on a 100 degree deck. Of course then you had the mad dash up/down the stairs with life jacket belts dragging and people tripping trying to make it to a spot for sail-a-way and the confetti throwing. Ah those were the days.

Had 2 different ladies pass out on our Adventure muster drill last June WITHOUT life jackets. Beastly hot and we needed to listen to the Captain drone on and on about the weather and who knows what else. Focus on the needed safety info and then get us out of their ASAP! Maybe if someone told Royal how much $$ they were losing per minute in alcohol sales they would make the drills more efficient.

Last night we had a great time with Ally and Lyric at Chops!

Lyric was a bit bored, but well behaved, while the adults talked.

DSCN0999_zpsgaid8kby.jpg

Judith order the Mushroom Soup which has been excellent for years.

DSCN1000_zpsnbf4mxgm.jpg

I ordered the Onion Soup which tasted great but the quality of the overall offering has gone down. Very few onions, mostly broth, and almost no melted cheese on top.

DSCN1001_zpsn6arfgpx.jpg

I also ordered the Shrimp Cocktail which has gone way downhill. Only three shrimp which would be hard to classify as "medium."

DSCN1003_zpsanncs77o.jpg

Lyric had the Chicken with a Shrimp cocktail but didn't seem to really like it.

DSCN1002_zpshcrgroju.jpg

DSCN1006_zps40cnfn6t.jpg

Ally had the Tuna which she said was good.

DSCN1005_zpslqvjjdbv.jpg

Judith and I both had the Filet and they were both perfect!

I had Bearnaise Sauce on mine, Judith likes hers plain.

DSCN1004_zpsl8c0be4r.jpg

The serving sizes for the vegetables were small.

8 asparagus spears to divide among 4 people and a smallish portion of corn

DSCN1007_zpsvagrmwtk.jpg

The baked potatoes were also small and we never did get any butter for them. After asking we got some sour creme.

DSCN1008_zps0n04dw2j.jpg

Day 2 - Sunday, February 19, 2017

Nassau, The Bahamas

Arrive and go ashore - 7:30 Am

All Aboard Time - 1:30 pm

VIDEO of the Day - Does The Cruise Ship Wait For You?

(This is one of my all time favorites and it was shot leaving Nassau)

I just don't get the logic of port runners. They re-iterate over and over the time to be back on the ship....wouldn't common sense dictate that maybe you should be on the ship even before that?

Anyway, will be on the Harmony in December. Going on Anthem next week. Loving the review so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Day 2 - Sunday, February 19, 2017

Nassau, The Bahamas

Arrive and go ashore - 7:30 Am

All Aboard Time - 1:30 pm

VIDEO of the Day - Does The Cruise Ship Wait For You?

(This is one of my all time favorites and it was shot leaving Nassau)

I have watched this video many times , always makes me smile

Trainman, were those pictures of the food as served, or after some had been taken? If that's how it was served I'd have walked out:eek:

Ally had already grabbed two of the Asparagus spears before I shot the photo. The corn was as served.

The potato I smashed up while the server was standing there with the sour creme waiting to dump it on my potato. I never had a chance to add salt, pepper, or butter.

We had out first lunch in the Windjammer today. It is a Port Day and the place was not too crowded but it was still hard to find a table.

DSCN1032_zpsp4lwy1jx.jpg

Judith was disappointed that she could not find the Sour Dough Rolls

DSCN1033_zpsgecwwwl7.jpg

I was in a cold sandwich mood so I got some Greek Salad, some Chicken Salad, some Rye Bread, some Mystery Meat, Tomatoes, and condiments.

DSCN1035_zps6eviazqe.jpg

One big change! The condiment packets are gone! They now have little "pump squirters" and tiny bowls to squirt stuff into. (They did have some packets of sweet relish)

DSCN1034_zpsnnaik2al.jpg

Ally had the Tuna which she said was good.

DSCN1005_zpslqvjjdbv.jpg

Judith and I both had the Filet and they were both perfect!

I had Bearnaise Sauce on mine, Judith likes hers plain.

DSCN1004_zpsl8c0be4r.jpg

The serving sizes for the vegetables were small.

8 asparagus spears to divide among 4 people and a smallish portion of corn

DSCN1007_zpsvagrmwtk.jpg

The baked potatoes were also small and we never did get any butter for them. After asking we got some sour creme.

DSCN1008_zps0n04dw2j.jpg

Is this the best food the ship has to offer?

Sent from my iPad using Forums