My first cruise ship.

deborahjo

Elation out of Long Beach, down to Mexico. Loved the cruise and have been on many since, the sad part was that the 3rd day was Sept 11 2001, they held a service in the theater. No entertainment could join the ship in port ( no flights) but the cruise director did a great job over the next few days. We were one of the first ships back in LA, so every single person including all crew had to go thru customs, no one could get off until this was completed. They brought all the officers on board to the theater, none US citizens went thru first, ( we are Canadian) we had to sit around for hours. We got off around 1-2 pm. We had a hotel booked already for a few nights at Disneyland, which was good cos still no flights were flying out.

:)

Loving the thread...was so much fun to see how styles come around, some of the seating chair styles in new Vista really matched some of the chairs on the old original 50's Irish Coast that came to be Epirotiki Appollon II in the 80's..Wow...wonder if they were just resurfaced in 80's...old becomes new..round and round....new twists on mid century mod...I HATED that word mid century in my early 40's LOL...accepting it at 57.

Carnival Tropicale, sometime in the 1990's. Don't remember the year, but remember the cruise. The whole ship lost power for an hour or so one night, the boat was rocking and some passengers were nervous. Earlier the same night there was a small fire in the theater's control room, the show had to stop as they lost lighting and sound control.

NCL Norway 1997

Both of my sisters were celebrating their 25th wedding anniversaries so we had a large group. Had a vow renewal ceremony and reception for them. Very special time. And we've all been on multiple cruises since then...just not at the same time!

We were suppose to sail on the Norway in 2003. Then the boiler room blew up and we went on the smokeless Paradise. Started our journey with Carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were suppose to sail on the Norway in 2003. Then the boiler room blew up and we went on the smokeless Paradise. Started our journey with Carnival.

Just to clear up. I went on my first cruise single on the Carnivale in 1978. First cruise with Dh and kids was the above cruise.

My first was Fantasy in 2009 which sparked an addiction to cruising! I am scheduled to sail on her again in September - my 14th cruise with Carnival and only 8 days from Platinum. I love the small ships (as they are easy to get around) but will miss some of the amenities of the larger classes (Guy's Burgers!).

My first was Fantasy in 2009 which sparked an addiction to cruising! I am scheduled to sail on her again in September - my 14th cruise with Carnival and only 8 days from Platinum. I love the small ships (as they are easy to get around) but will miss some of the amenities of the larger classes (Guy's Burgers!).

Fantasy has guys burgers now

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app