Jr Suite .....

I'm going on the Allure of the Seas in April, and we are staying in a Jr Suite for the first time. I have sailed with RCCL about 4-5 times but always in an inside cabin. So my question is what kind of perks do we get? Honestly I'm just happy to be cruising but I keep reading about special seating for Suite guests and special dinning rooms..... special lines for check in at embarkment... just curious. Thanks for any info:cool:;)

I'm going on the Allure of the Seas in April, and we are staying in a Jr Suite for the first time. I have sailed with RCCL about 4-5 times but always in an inside cabin. So my question is what kind of perks do we get? Honestly I'm just happy to be cruising but I keep reading about special seating for Suite guests and special dinning rooms..... special lines for check in at embarkment... just curious. Thanks for any info:cool:;)

JS perks on Allure:

Bathtub

Walk-in closet

Dinner at Coastal Kitchen

Priority check-in and boarding

Tea kettle and coffee maker

Bathroom amenities

Robes

Extra C&A point per night

Distinctive color Seapass card

I think Clarea pretty much nailed the Junior Suite perks. The term Junior "Suite" is a little misleading because they don't give you the suite benefits. Beyond that, my wife and I always sail with a junior suite. I don't like the skinny little shower tubes in most of the rooms so the bath tub/shower combo works for us. I also like the walk in closet and just the fact that the room and the balcony both have a little more space in them.

You also don't have to check out towels near the pools. They just give them to you.

Other than the slightly larger room which is basically a walk in closet and bathtub, you get priority embarkation line (which was really nice) and dinner in Coastal Kitchen instead of the MDR. Note that you do NOT get breakfast or lunch in Coastal Kitchen.

Do they leave something in the cabin with info about access to Coastal Kitchen?

Not that I remember. You just go to Coastal Kitchen at dinner time, no specified time, swipe your card and go in.

Not that I remember. You just go to Coastal Kitchen at dinner time, no specified time, swipe your card and go in.

Really? I thought I read that you couldn't swipe your card if you were in a JS, you had to knock on the door or sneak in behind someone else. :o You also had to make reservations for dinner, not just show up. I was looking at Allure in a JS for April and because I was afraid I'd feel like they were doing me a favor, I ended up going with Celebrity in Aqua Class.

I'd like to know if it is really as easy as you stated, then I'd be tempted to book.

Really? I thought I read that you couldn't swipe your card if you were in a JS, you had to knock on the door or sneak in behind someone else. :o You also had to make reservations for dinner, not just show up. I was looking at Allure in a JS for April and because I was afraid I'd feel like they were doing me a favor, I ended up going with Celebrity in Aqua Class.

I'd like to know if it is really as easy as you stated, then I'd be tempted to book.

This is just what I was told onboard. But I could be wrong or misunderstood or whatever. I had a JS but we didn't do Coastal Kitchen. I didn't know it was dinner only so we did swing by at breakfast and they wouldn't let us in, lol. And told me the card scanner would let me in at dinner time and we could just come by at dinner. I'm sure others who have actual experience could clarify the procedure.

For what it's worth, we didn't find the JS to be worth the extra funds or provide us any measurable benefit other than skipping the line at embarkation and getting towels easier. It's well within our budget and we just go with regular balcony now (on the hump).

Thanks everyone! I more question.... Coastal Kitchen? Is it a different menu than the MDR?

Yes, different menu than the MDR. I think there are 3 different menus on Oasis now, they change tiwce during the week.

I've no idea when the current menus are, or when they change, but there's an example from a a while back that will give you an idea:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/coastal.pdf

Beware of JS! You will really be pleased and tempted to not go back to inner cabins again. Our first cruise was an inner cabin, no outside view. We lost track of time and missed making some events by sleeping too much.

Then we moved up to JS and loved it!

Did that a few times an over time we kept upgrading our 'suite' experience. The benefits mentioned especially double cruise points for JS are great.

I understand everyone has a budget and nothing wrong with interiors but if you can book way early, book onboard, you can get a few more bennies booking JS or above i.e. OBC and exact cabin selection. So, you will have fun in JS and may wind up like me, a frequent upgrader:eek::D

Enjoy your cruise!

After our first cruise in a standard balcony room on the Oasis, we now only book a JS cabin on the hump. We disliked the tube showers in the standard balcony cabins and the lack of space. We had the bed right by the balcony and kept tripping over it to go outside. Hubby said never again! :) The JS not only gives you a normal bathroom and walk-in closet, but the cabin itself is larger than a standard balcony cabin. The balcony on the hump gives you two loungers plus a table and 2 chairs which we use frequently.

Guest Nellsmom58
Are the same benefits available for Junior Suites on all ships, specifically the Navigator? Thanks!

JS on Navigator has the same benefits as one on any other RCI JS, but does NOT have benefits of a suite, as others said. We've been on Navigator three times and the JS is much bigger than the balcony. Careful if you book one, though, you'll be wanting one forever after as others said.

Sent from my iPad using Forums