What to Bring?? Ports

lookin2cruise2017

When we go to our ports, I am not sure what I should bring with us. Like Half Moon Cay...Ive seen videos of people floating with yellow floats...do they have those for people or should we bring a float of our own if we want one? Or are they something you have to rent for an additional cost?

For Nassau and Freeport I plan on just bringing a small backpack with essentials. Is there anything that I should be sure to bring with me?

When we go to our ports, I am not sure what I should bring with us. Like Half Moon Cay...Ive seen videos of people floating with yellow floats...do they have those for people or should we bring a float of our own if we want one? Or are they something you have to rent for an additional cost?

For Nassau and Freeport I plan on just bringing a small backpack with essentials. Is there anything that I should be sure to bring with me?

Always take some kind of picture ID (such as a drivers license) and your cruise card :). Keep in mind that if you decide to go to a beach and swimming, you do not want to leave unattended valuables laying on a beach (or near a pool). There are many waterproof fanny packs, containers, etc (you can find them online) which is a good place to put money, id, and credit cards if you do go swimming.

Hank

AT HMC, you only need your ship's key, ...it works just like on the ship....anything you buy, you will need the card (soda, drinks, excursions, etc.)

Yes, the yellow mats are rented....you do NOT need to do that in advance...wait and see if you really need them! Or, bring cheap blow-up floats of your own.

What you take to other ports depends on what you're doing! If you're doing a beach or watersport, then wear your swimsuit under tee and shorts or cover-up, bring the pool towels, sunscreen,....etc.....and ALWAYS bring ID to regular ports! You should always have ID on you!

If you are simply doing a tour, or shopping, leave the towels on the ship, and take what you'd take when you go to town in your city!

Don't bring a backpack. Easiest thing in the world to steal from without you noticing. Either bring a tote or messenger bag that you keep in front of you. All you really need is sunscreen, towels and swimsuit if swimming, and some money, a credit card, and photo id. We generally carry the valuables in a waterproof case that we wear under our clothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bring some cash (small bills). On our first trip to a private island, no one told us that we would need cash to pay the vendors who are allowed to sell goods. We found a few things we would have like to purchase, but couldn't because our cash was on the ship. We always give try to purchase something from the folks there. Haiti has been hit hard the last few years and we like to take something home, but we also like to put a little cash in the pockets of the vendors to try to help.