Sat 4th March 2017

VK3DQ

This is the official notification to gbenjo and company that Spechial people will be arriving at OPT on this date .....:hearteyes:

We do expect that our transit from shore to ship will be rapid :cool:

Transit from Shore to ship - Embarkation

Transit from Ship to Shore - Disembarkation

I just cannot Debark -- to remove the bark from a tree .. or a surgical procedure performed on a dog :halo:

And I always thought that it was a Barque and not a Bark

Funny the English language......

Best Regards

John :evilsmile:

Agree John - but there are 2 types of Bark / Barque.

Cook's Endeavour was called a Bark by the Navy because at that time naval vessels were classified by type - so those not falling into a type were called Bark which comes from a long way back & origin is lost in time,

Whereas Barque is a 3 or more masted sailing vessel where the mizzen mast has no square sails. I learnt this while volunteering on HMB Endeavour replica at Mooloolaba.

Unfortunately our cousins across the Pacific speak a simplified English known as American English. Debark is actually an old fashioned English word meaning to disembark which is the usual word English/Australians use. Have debarked a few trees myself.

John

With some of those queues from time to time, it is any wonder we are not all Barking Mad.:p

Ah Barking Mad ..The Mad hatter has just ordered a brown leather fedora to go with his black steampunk leather top hat from John Whittaker hat maker in Hurstbridge outside of Melbourne

I dont know if I dare take the topper on the plane to sydney its a bit tall and might get damaged in transit its more a hat to be worn rinding on a coach and four than in a plane

Regards

John

Agree John - but there are 2 types of Bark / Barque.

Cook's Endeavour was called a Bark by the Navy because at that time naval vessels were classified by type - so those not falling into a type were called Bark which comes from a long way back & origin is lost in time,

Whereas Barque is a 3 or more masted sailing vessel where the mizzen mast has no square sails. I learnt this while volunteering on HMB Endeavour replica at Mooloolaba.

Unfortunately our cousins across the Pacific speak a simplified English known as American English. Debark is actually an old fashioned English word meaning to disembark which is the usual word English/Australians use. Have debarked a few trees myself.

John

I always thought of Cooks ships as "Whitby Colliers" funny how it get set in ones mind...now where is mr gbenjo and the spechial treatment ??? :halo:

Regards

John recovering from a touch of gout ...dont laugh :eek:

Wish I could debark the 2 little yappers next door, can't even go down the drive without them

yapping their heads off, furthermore they have lived there for two years, you would think they

would learn.:evilsmile:

Our neighbour has a dog that does the same, 11 years now and he still barks at me, even when patting it.:confused:

This is the official notification to gbenjo and company that Spechial people will be arriving at OPT on this date .....:hearteyes:

We do expect that our transit from shore to ship will be rapid :cool:

Transit from Shore to ship - Embarkation

Transit from Ship to Shore - Disembarkation

I just cannot Debark -- to remove the bark from a tree .. or a surgical procedure performed on a dog :halo:

And I always thought that it was a Barque and not a Bark

Funny the English language......

Best Regards

John :evilsmile:

All you need to do is ask ( for me)

Have had a couple of seeing eye dogs on the ship(s) recently .. they embarked and debarked....... but I never Actually heard them bark at all.. 🐩😄