Discounted Carnival Gift Cards

MTruvillio

Check out Allstate Rewards too - you don't have to have Allstate for insurance. They do e-delivery too, which is nice and saves a little extra money!

How? It is asking for a policy number to sign up...

Download the app called 'Drivewise' (I used my android) and sign up through the app- then you can log in on the website. That should work!

Wow, just did it! Why have I been wasting time and frustration on AARP! Easy Peasy, enough points to save on 5 $100 gift cards just for signing up...

Thanks!

Wow, just did it! Why have I been wasting time and frustration on AARP! Easy Peasy, enough points to save on 5 $100 gift cards just for signing up...

Thanks!

You'll get points too if you keep the app installed, for safe driving. Also watch for email codes for 1,000 points. And - there are several videos you can watch, they give you a promo code at the end to enter.

I feel the same way about waiting for AARP - I especially love the e-delivery on these. No shipping and you get them right away!

Thanks!

AARP gives you thousands for new accounts too. 3,000 for signing up, over 2,000 for signing up for some of their email newsletters (I use a junk email address), emails several times a week that have promo codes for points, 50 pts. per day just for logging on, etc.Then, if you want to put a little more effort into it, they have dozens of quizzes to take for points. I had over 10,000 points just a couple of weeks after signing up with very little effort. If you have a FitBit, you can sync it to the AARP account and earn points for reaching milestones.

I didn't care for the Drivewise app option because, aside from not liking apps that track my movement, others have said it's heavy on data usage and I have to watch out for that.

AARP gives you thousands for new accounts too. 3,000 for signing up, over 2,000 for signing up for some of their email newsletters (I use a junk email address), emails several times a week that have promo codes for points, 50 pts. per day just for logging on, etc.Then, if you want to put a little more effort into it, they have dozens of quizzes to take for points. I had over 10,000 points just a couple of weeks after signing up with very little effort. If you have a FitBit, you can sync it to the AARP account and earn points for reaching milestones.

I didn't care for the Drivewise app option because, aside from not liking apps that track my movement, others have said it's heavy on data usage and I have to watch out for that.

Oh, I have loads of points on the AARP Rewards site but could never manage to be on the site when they had the cards available. The one time I was able to put 5 in my cart they were gone before I could put in my credit card number! The Allstate site had them when I signed up while sitting in a hospital waiting room right when I downloaded the app....

Had it not been for someone posting Saturday morning on here they were available, I would have missed them again. I got 6 $100 cards, need 2 more.

Hmmmm... had AARP on the phone due to a credit card issue and they told me that 5 was the maximum that could be bought in a day.

Hmmmm... had AARP on the phone due to a credit card issue and they told me that 5 was the maximum that could be bought in a day.

In the big AARP thread a few weeks ago, someone said they were able to get four $500 cards and eight $100 cards that day. :eek: I remember it because I had just signed up a week prior and was able to buy a couple cards for the first time. I couldn't believe someone had just dropped $2,800 on gift cards. Take it with a grain of salt, I suppose, but if it's true, they far exceeded the limit you were told. Maybe they used more than one credit card to make the purchase, maybe it's a new policy, or maybe it depends on which customer service rep. you speak to.

Here's their post:

4- $500 and 8-$100, bam!

In the big AARP thread a few weeks ago, someone said they were able to get four $500 cards and eight $100 cards that day. :eek: I remember it because I had just signed up a week prior and was able to buy a couple cards for the first time. I couldn't believe someone had just dropped $2,800 on gift cards. Take it with a grain of salt, I suppose, but if it's true, they far exceeded the limit you were told. Maybe they used more than one credit card to make the purchase, maybe it's a new policy, or maybe it depends on which customer service rep. you speak to.

Here's their post:

Most likely they have either a few AARP accounts (ex. family members or friends) or they used Verizon and AARP to get what the total they needed.

As for as dropping $2800 on gift cards that's not uncommon at all when it comes to Carnival gift cards.. Several of us on these threads purchase Carnival gift cards every single time there available on AARP and Verizon whether we need them or not and just have a healthy stash of them. As long as your a cruiser you know you will use them at some point.

Hello All,

First of all let me say that thank you for this thread. I wasn't aware that they offer Carnival Gift cards, so you made my day! Quick question.... (and please forgive if this is a silly question.) Is there anything that the gift cards can't buy? I am about to book a fall cruise and just wanted to know can you use them for initial deposit or only for your onboard credit?

Thanks again!

Hello All,

First of all let me say that thank you for this thread. I wasn't aware that they offer Carnival Gift cards, so you made my day! Quick question.... (and please forgive if this is a silly question.) Is there anything that the gift cards can't buy? I am about to book a fall cruise and just wanted to know can you use them for initial deposit or only for your onboard credit?

Thanks again!

Deposits, payments (you can pay off an entire cruise with gift cards if you have enough), excursions, gratuities, deposit them into your Sail & Sign accout, etc. etc.

Here's Carnival's information on them: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2004/~/carnival-gift-cards---frequently-asked-questions

So do the Allstate ecards get emailed to you instantly?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

YES!! It took about 10 minutes to sign up and redeem points which I used to pay down my balance; Easy Peazy... :D

Here's their post:

That was me, I ended up canceling the eight $100 cards. Picked up two $500 cards a few days ago, so all is paid for. 10% is hard to beat. Grain of salt included.

That was me, I ended up canceling the eight $100 cards. Picked up two $500 cards a few days ago, so all is paid for. 10% is hard to beat. Grain of salt included.
I didn't mean any offense by that. I didn't think anyone had a reason to say they got that many cards when they really didn't, but just wanted the person I was replying to to take it for what it's worth. That person was told by AARP customer service that there was a purchase limit of five cards. I remembered your post, so was just letting them know that others have bought a lot more. Did you originally buy all 12 with one AARP account & credit card?

I thought I read that the $500 cards have to be signed-for, while the $100 cards do not. Apparently that is not true. I have $100 cards arriving today, Signature Required.

I thought I read that the $500 cards have to be signed-for, while the $100 cards do not. Apparently that is not true. I have $100 cards arriving today, Signature Required.

Did you get 5? That would be the only reason for the required signature unless the policy is brand new.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Both $100 and $500 cards were emailed to me instantly and then I just applied them to my balance on Carnival website. Worked like a charm.

ETA: these were GCs from Allstate

Edited by Party.of.4.NY>>>FL
Adding info

Both $100 and $500 cards were emailed to me instantly and then I just applied them to my balance on Carnival website. Worked like a charm.

ETA: these were GCs from Allstate

These were from Verizon.