Discounted Carnival Gift Cards

MTruvillio

Hopefully this hasn't been asked before. I scanned through a lot of pages and didn't see it. I know the gift cards can be loaded to my S&S account at the kiosk or guest services. Do I need to have the physical card or can I use the info from the e-gift card? I've been using e-gift cards to pay off my cruise but I'm going to get a couple more for onboard spending. I just need to know what kind to get. Thanks!

I'd say it's definitely worth it for the 10k poitns - looks like mine used 20 mb in 2 months

I don't think you drive 2-3 days with the app. I have AllState and they mailed me devices to put on my cars to track speed and hard braking etc.

Regardless, you don't have to be a customer or participate in the "drive wise" program. Just log on their sites, watch a couple videos, enter a couple promo codes and you get the points.

My issue with the app isn't that it uses data so much as it has my GPS sending my position all the time. Privacy aside, that can chew up battery more than data.
I don't like tracking apps either. That's the biggest thing keeping me from using Drivewise. But, I sure wouldn't mind the 10K points for using it a few days. The battery isn't too much of an issue since I can charge in my car. I just need to decide if those points outweigh my dislike for tracking apps.

I don't think you drive 2-3 days with the app. I have AllState and they mailed me devices to put on my cars to track speed and hard braking etc.

Regardless, you don't have to be a customer or participate in the "drive wise" program. Just log on their sites, watch a couple videos, enter a couple promo codes and you get the points.

Where do you log on? Everything wants you to either complete something that requires a policy # or have to download the app.

Hopefully this hasn't been asked before. I scanned through a lot of pages and didn't see it. I know the gift cards can be loaded to my S&S account at the kiosk or guest services. Do I need to have the physical card or can I use the info from the e-gift card? I've been using e-gift cards to pay off my cruise but I'm going to get a couple more for onboard spending. I just need to know what kind to get. Thanks!
You can use either one. If you get the e-gift cards, just print them out and show them to guest services. The kiosks would have to allow you to manually enter the gift card numbers, not sure if they do that. Someone else will have to answer that one.

Where do you log on? Everything wants you to either complete something that requires a policy # or have to download the app.
As someone without an Allstate policy, I had to register an account using the Drivewise app. Others here have said that's the only way to do it for non-customers. I contacted their tech support and the rep. told me that non-customers have to do everything through the app, including buying the gift cards using the points. But once I registered an account, I'm able to log in using this link and do everything online: https://myaccountrwd.allstate.com/anon/account/login?campaign=145 That's the only link I've found that will let me log in online as a non-customer instead of using the app. You can check your points, watch the tutorial videos for points, enter promo codes that you get in emails, and buy the cards.

As someone without an Allstate policy, I had to register an account using the Drivewise app. Others here have said that's the only way to do it for non-customers. I contacted their tech support and the rep. told me that non-customers have to do everything through the app, including buying the gift cards using the points. But once I registered an account, I'm able to log in using this link and do everything online: https://myaccountrwd.allstate.com/anon/account/login?campaign=145 That's the only link I've found that will let me log in online as a non-customer instead of using the app. You can check your points, watch the tutorial videos for points, enter promo codes that you get in emails, and buy the cards.

Thank you for sharing. I will give it a whirl and will get back to you.

I just went on both Allstate and Verizon rewards to purchase the $100 E-Gift cards. It shows that the E-Gift is available, but when I proceed to check out it only allows me to select regular mail as opposed to Email. Anyone have this same issue?

I just went on both Allstate and Verizon rewards to purchase the $100 E-Gift cards. It shows that the E-Gift is available, but when I proceed to check out it only allows me to select regular mail as opposed to Email. Anyone have this same issue?

Correction - I just looked and it does say that email is an option on Verizon but I can also only select mail.

Correction - I just looked and it does say that email is an option on Verizon but I can also only select mail.

That's news to me- I got some two weeks ago from Verizon and they were snail mail only. If I could have gotten them via email I'd be all over it.

I don't think I've read anyone post that they've gotten Verizon cards by email.

Where can these magical gift cards be found? Especially if I have cell service with AT&T and car insurance with Progressive and I'm not old enough to be in AARP?

You can get points from AllState with the Drivewise app or go onto AARP and set up a free account (haven't been on AARP).

You don't need to be a subscriber for those to earn points like Verizon.

Where can these magical gift cards be found? Especially if I have cell service with AT&T and car insurance with Progressive and I'm not old enough to be in AARP?
There are threads for each of the three major discount cards suppliers (AARP, Allstate, & Verizon). Look around on page 1 or 2, maybe 3, of the Carnival section. You probably have to go back a few pages in each thread, but some of us have posted instructions how to set up new accounts fairly recently.

With AARP, you don't have to be a paid member. You just need to register a free account with their rewards program (rewards.aarp.org). You'll get points for signing up, you can earn points through email newsletters with promo codes (usually 150 pts. each), 50 pts. per day just for logging in, completing a wide selection of quizzes, and you can even sync a FitBit to the account if you have one. You'll earn points by reaching milestones.

With Allstate, if you're not a customer, it's best to download the Drivewise smartphone app and register for a free account through that. If you choose to let the app track your driving for 2-3 days, you'll earn 10,000 pts. if you don't drive above 80 and don't do any hard braking. But you don't have to use the app or let it track you. You get a few thousand points for signing up, 1,000 pts. each for watching the six tutorial videos, and they send you emails once or twice a week with promo codes. Go back through this thread. Several of the past codes have been posted here. A lot of them still work, some are expired, but worth trying. I'm up to 19,000 points in just a couple of weeks and haven't even used the Drivewise app. Look for my post in the last couple pages of the Allstate thread. I posted a link non-customers can use to log into your account online instead of using the app to do everything.

For the Verizon cards, you have to be a Verizon customer, so don't worry about those.

• 2 weeks later...

Y'all, this has been the best. thread. ever. I have used CitiDeals, Verizon Rewards, and AARP Rewards to purchase $1500 worth of Carnival Gift Cards for about $1350. SO FREAKING GREAT. There are 7 folks in my party, and we will end up saving HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS doing this.

I'm poking around to see if the $500 gift cards come back into stock, but, either way, I'm so thrilled to have encountered this thread.

THANK YOU!

I am in my 30s and get mine from AARP. Yuu don't have to be a member. You just register on their website and join their Rewards for Good program. It is free for anyone.

Just bought my first $500 gift card through AARP.Just came off a Carnival cruise and won't be going again until August 2018.Have plenty of time to buy the $500 ones to pay off cruise.

Booked through TA so would be much easier giving her a few $500 gift card numbers verses lots more if $100.WIsh I knew about them when I did a $800 deposit a few weeks ago.

For those of you who live near a Meijer (WI, IL, IN, MI, OH, KY), you can get $5 back in mPerks on $50 of gift cards. You can spend up to $500 on gift cards for a maximum reward of $50. The promotion runs through July 1.

Meijer is also in the 5% category for Chase Freedom cardholders this quarter, so you can effectively get 15% back through June 30.

• 1 month later...
I'm looking for $500 AARP cards again.....hoping they refill soon!
Keep an eye on the big AARP thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2208976 Someone usually posts there when they're available. But you've gotta be quick, the $500 cards go quick. For those it's almost better to just keep checking the website yourself...and often. Good luck.