HAL beverage prices

Baddabing

The beverage package (regular or Elite) can be only used for beverage purchases. The beverage card can be used for anything from the beverage dept. Occasionally they will have drink specials where you keep the glass. As long as that special drink is under $9 or $15 (the package limits) I would think that the glass would be included. But buying a special cup, probably not.

So, I’m gathering that ALL drinks, whether they’re alcohol, coffee or sodas are considered one of the 15 drinks per day allowed with the base drink package. But You can exceed your 15 limit as long as you pay for it (at the end of the week). Can someone confirm?

So, I’m gathering that ALL drinks, whether they’re alcohol, coffee or sodas are considered one of the 15 drinks per day allowed with the base drink package. But You can exceed your 15 limit as long as you pay for it (at the end of the week). Can someone confirm?

Correct on both. Coffee only counts if its a speciality coffee, not what is "routinely" available.

That's no longer true. Just the alcoholic beverages count toward the 15. It changed recently.

We had explore 4 with the SBP a few cruises ago: for the price of the explore 4, we had large coffees from the Explorers café every am, water we bought at a bar to take off the ship, and to drink around the ship, often an afternoon "Sunshine lemonade" that my mom loved, 2 before dinner drinks, specialty coffee with dinner and afterdinner cordials and sometimes a drink at bingo or at the show. for us, it was worth it, but we did not buy the package itself, part of Explore 4.

I also enjoyed trying different drinks, that I normally would not spend $8 on to try. Found some new favorites (Lemon Drop martini. Yum!)

what is a wang wang????

I have read through much of this thread but have a question and apologize if I'm being redundant. Can you bring a bottle of spirits onboard? if so, what do they charge for you to bring it in? If you're not allowed, can you buy a bottle for your room and if so, where could I find the price for that and can I buy in advance? I saw a post from 2017 on this thread with a spirits package but not sure if they still do that. Thanks!

I have read through much of this thread but have a question and apologize if I'm being redundant. Can you bring a bottle of spirits onboard? if so, what do they charge for you to bring it in? If you're not allowed, can you buy a bottle for your room and if so, where could I find the price for that and can I buy in advance? I saw a post from 2017 on this thread with a spirits package but not sure if they still do that. Thanks!

No you cannot bring a bottle of spirits on board.

Yes, you can order a bottle or two for your room in advance.

The listing is on the HAL website. Go to your bookings and purchase and you will find the prices there and be able to order.

Here is a list of the available spirits that I have compiled from the HAL website:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Spirits-and-Beer-for-Stateroom.pdf

Awesome thank you Crew News. Do you know if this menu is the same once on board or does one have to order ahead?

Also, do you know how it works with non alcohol beverages? I read that people are getting drink cards for those but I thought they were included. Is that just to take off the ship? I'm assuming Lido has drinks that we can help our selves to (free) or does one have to drink coffee/tea/... in the restaurant. Also, is there somewhere I can find hours of each dining room included in price? Thanks a lot for your help & sorry for the deluge of questions.

Awesome thank you Crew News. Do you know if this menu is the same once on board or does one have to order ahead?

Also, do you know how it works with non alcohol beverages? I read that people are getting drink cards for those but I thought they were included. Is that just to take off the ship? I'm assuming Lido has drinks that we can help our selves to (free) or does one have to drink coffee/tea/... in the restaurant. Also, is there somewhere I can find hours of each dining room included in price? Thanks a lot for your help & sorry for the deluge of questions.

Some people get drink cards for non alcoholic drinks, but drink cards are not necessary.

Non alcoholic drinks that cost money are things like soda, mocktails, expresso, cappuccinos, etc.

Lido does indeed have 'free'/no charge drinks available. In the mornings along with water, there are all kinds of juices. (And coffee and tea 24/7)

In the afternoon there is usually water, lemonade and iced tea.

Hours for the different dining is posted in the When and Where (daily program).

In general - dining room 5:30 - 9:00 (assuming open seating), Lido - 5:30 -8:00 IIRC, Pinnacle & Canaletto 5:30 - 9:00

Best to check your daily programme when you board.

Hope this helps :)

The items are the same on board but will be shown in a different format as my list was created/organized from what is available on the HAL website.

Here is a Bar Menu that also has non-alcoholic beverages:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Pool-Bars.pdf

Here is the beverage menu for the Explorations Cafe but note that all of the snacks are no charge and you don't have to purchase a beverage, just ask:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Explorations-Cafe.pdf

Can you get a bucket of beers in the MDR? Either 5 or 6? Cant seem to find anything on this.

It's 5. When DBIL ordered his Coors Lights, the wine steward would but them in an ice bucket, either with our white wine, or on its own.