hotels with Shuttle service to the Port of New Orleans

angelsfort

Hi there! I'm trying to plan a cruise and we'll be flying in the day before... I'm having some trouble locating a hotel near the port that has a shuttle service that will take us to the port on cruise day!

Does anyone know of any hotels (reasonably priced!) in New Orleans that provide the shuttle to the cruise ships? I was hoping to avoid the need to rent a car... I've seen shuttle "services" that want to charge me $50 one way... is there a better option?

any help / advice you can give would be great!!

Hi there! I'm trying to plan a cruise and we'll be flying in the day before... I'm having some trouble locating a hotel near the port that has a shuttle service that will take us to the port on cruise day!

Does anyone know of any hotels (reasonably priced!) in New Orleans that provide the shuttle to the cruise ships? I was hoping to avoid the need to rent a car... I've seen shuttle "services" that want to charge me $50 one way... is there a better option?

any help / advice you can give would be great!!

Are you flying in? You just need a place to stay or you want to be near the french quarter?

If you book a hotel very close to the Port, you can just walk to the Port. Hilton Riverside and Embassy Suites are quite close.

Taxis near the French Quarter have a set rate (regardless of distance) to the port. I think it's $15 per person, but not sure.

If you book a hotel very close to the Port, you can just walk to the Port. Hilton Riverside and Embassy Suites are quite close.

We're staying at the Hilton Riverside and will walk through the mall to the port. The trip from the airport to the hotel however will be around $50.

I have found that staying in the CBD/FQ area can be pricey...you have to pay to get to and from the airport, which can add up. We have, in the past, saved a bit by staying at a hotel closer to MSY and using their complimentary airport shuttle to get to/from the hotel and Carnival's shuttle to/from the port. We're picked up at the airport upon arrival and dropped back there the day of the cruise when we board the Carnival bus that takes us to the port. After the cruise, it takes us back to MSY. It may not be everyone's choice, but we've saved by doing this.

I have found that staying in the CBD/FQ area can be pricey...you have to pay to get to and from the airport, which can add up. We have, in the past, saved a bit by staying at a hotel closer to MSY and using their complimentary airport shuttle to get to/from the hotel and Carnival's shuttle to/from the port. We're picked up at the airport upon arrival and dropped back there the day of the cruise when we board the Carnival bus that takes us to the port. After the cruise, it takes us back to MSY. It may not be everyone's choice, but we've saved by doing this.

Carnival has a shuttle? Is that from the airport? Is it free?

Carnival has a transfer service, but I thought it was only offered from the airport and only on the day of the cruise. It is not free.

Sounds like he takes the hotel shuttle from the airport to hotel. Then on the day of the cruise takes the shuttle back to the airport...And then the carnival transfer to the port.

Sounds like he takes the hotel shuttle from the airport to hotel. Then on the day of the cruise takes the shuttle back to the airport...And then the carnival transfer to the port.

Hadn't thought of that, that might work although it's a lot of shuttling.

Taxis near the French Quarter have a set rate (regardless of distance) to the port. I think it's $15 per person, but not sure.

Taxis from FQ, central business district and warehouse district hotels to the port should be $8 pp.

Taxis from the airport to downtown hotels (FQ, CBD and warehouse district) are $36 for up to 2 people or $15 pp for 3 or more.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are staying at the Hampton Inn and Suites Convention Centre and they have a free shuttle to the port. They will also pick you up from the port, you just have to call them. I don't know of any hotel near the port that offers shuttle service to or from the airport.

We have sailed from New Orleans four times and will again many times as it is a fantastic port to sail from. We always stay at the Best Western St Christopher. It is right next to the Quarter (right across Canal St), and we have walked to the port on sail day, only about a half of a mile right through the River Walk Mall and we have taken a taxi, very reasonably priced and quick. The luggage drop off seamed very easy to us and there is a nice waiting area prior to boarding. Big glass windows overlooking the Mississippi River. Have a great time!

How is the line when being dropped off by uber?

Same as all the other cars entering the terminal, our wait charge was almost as much as our fare. We probably waited 15-25 minutes to get to the porters from the cruise entrance. We love Uber and use them all the time.

We are sailing out of New Orleans on April 24th and are staying at Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center....we are staying in a suite and I think it is about $160/night...they have shuttle service to and from terminal and their parking is an additional $14/night....instead of the $20 at the terminal...

I think there's a general cruise port shuttle from the airport to the ports. When we sailed out of there with all of our kids 5 years ago, I wasn't sure if all 6 of us with luggage for a week would fit in our mini van for the 25 mile ride from the hotel to the pier. We had booked a hotel close to the airport because we drove there fro Dallas with one daughter, picked the other one up in Lafayette along the way. My son and his girlfriend flew in from San Francisco, and were able to take the free airport shuttle upon arrival. I think the airport shuttle was something like $15 each way at the time, and we were almost thinking of having my son and his girlfriend take the hotel shuttle back to the airport and take the bigger shuttle to the pier and we would take their luggage. After looking over all of our bags, I came up with a plan for all of us to fit. Put the 3 girls in the back bench, with our son in the seat behind the driver. We stuffed all of the little things in the stow n go space below his feet. Fit 2 large bags and a few smaller items in the space behind the back bench. Put the other middle seat down in the stow n go space and put the other 4 large bags in that space. We have a Chrysler Town & Country.

So...my best suggestion is to see if the airport still offers shuttles to the pier. If so, stay at a hotel that offers free airport service.

I think there's a general cruise port shuttle from the airport to the ports. When we sailed out of there with all of our kids 5 years ago, I wasn't sure if all 6 of us with luggage for a week would fit in our mini van for the 25 mile ride from the hotel to the pier. We had booked a hotel close to the airport because we drove there fro Dallas with one daughter, picked the other one up in Lafayette along the way. My son and his girlfriend flew in from San Francisco, and were able to take the free airport shuttle upon arrival. I think the airport shuttle was something like $15 each way at the time, and we were almost thinking of having my son and his girlfriend take the hotel shuttle back to the airport and take the bigger shuttle to the pier and we would take their luggage. After looking over all of our bags, I came up with a plan for all of us to fit. Put the 3 girls in the back bench, with our son in the seat behind the driver. We stuffed all of the little things in the stow n go space below his feet. Fit 2 large bags and a few smaller items in the space behind the back bench. Put the other middle seat down in the stow n go space and put the other 4 large bags in that space. We have a Chrysler Town & Country.

So...my best suggestion is to see if the airport still offers shuttles to the pier. If so, stay at a hotel that offers free airport service.

Google found this shuttle for me and it is now 24 dollars but that is per person. This might be a deal for a single person but if you have 3 or more people it is cheaper to take a cab.

Google found this shuttle for me and it is now 24 dollars but that is per person. This might be a deal for a single person but if you have 3 or more people it is cheaper to take a cab.

If you have 2 it's cheaper to take a cab...unless they raised prices it's $36 for 2 people or $15pp for 3 or more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stay at Hilton Riverside. You can walk to the port from there. The hotel is connected to the mall. You walk straight thru the mall to the port. There's an elevator that takes you down to the ground level where the port is locates . Very easy walk. 5 minutes if that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I'm seriously considering the Country Inn and Suites in METARIE. $179 for our date (October 14, 2017). That's for 2 people with free cruise parking and complimentary shuttle to the port. They only give you free shuttle to the port, not from, so am considering buying Carnival's transfer TO the airport, then getting the free shuttle FROM the airport back to the hotel. Any suggestions, is this a workable plan? I know everyone likes the Hilton Riverside but $300 a night for the a room for ONE NIGHT plus $20 a day for parking for seven days is not happening here.