Ordering at Specialty Restaurants

cruzinfamilyof4

Yes, you can order as many dishes as you want. My personal favorite specialty restaurant is the Crown Grill. I usually order the lobster cake appetizer or the shrimp bisque soup. Then I follow that with the filet mignon, a couple of lobster tails and a loaded baked potato. I have never had room for a dessert after eating that and I am a big eater.

At SHARE by Curtis Stone (Ruby and Emerald Princess only) it's one choice from each course only. If you get extra it costs extra.

Crown Grill and Sabatinis you can order whatever you want, extra of something, similar to ordering in the MDR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have favorites or suggestions from Sabatini's or the Bayou Café and Steakhouse??

Greg

At Sabatinis I love the burrata appetizer. I like the risotto that comes with the lobster 3 ways, but not their lobster. I like the veal chop there and usually ask for the risotto to accompany it.

Crown Grill they normally bring out all the veggies, spinach, mushrooms, asparagus and your potato choice. I have gotten every steak there. Rib eye is my favorite but they do an excellent filet mignon. My problem with the steaks is that they are too big. I always leave in a meat coma or leave lots of leftovers. Desserts are good too. We get the sampler but really the molten chocolate thing is the best.

We've never done Bayou cafe.

At Crown Grill we usually don't have to ask as the server will suggest that he bring all the sides and a platter of lobsters our with our steaks :-D

Yep, on the Grand last month, the nice wait staff forced my wife and I to order up a reasonably decent lobster tail with our very good steak. Both Sabatini's and Crowne Grill are very much worth the modest surcharge.

We are cruising on Coral in June and have free specialty dinning. I was notified by my TA that I can now make reservations for specialty dinning. However when I goon line to book, it wants to charge a credit card in order to make the reservation. The web site says it must be paid ahead. How do .we apply the "free" anytime dinning? Anyone know? Many thanks.

We are cruising on Coral in June and have free specialty dinning. I was notified by my TA that I can now make reservations for specialty dinning. However when I goon line to book, it wants to charge a credit card in order to make the reservation. The web site says it must be paid ahead. How do .we apply the "free" anytime dinning? Anyone know? Many thanks.

That you have to do on board. They make the reservation for you sometimes but you can change it or make one on boarding.

Pre booking does require a payment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We ate at the Bayou Steakhouse on the Coral and the filet was absolutely delicious, one of the best I have had! The Bayou is quite large and I would be surprised if you would have any problems getting a reservation

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In our experience several times with this promo.......

Normally the date/time is already assigned by Princess for embarkation evening.

You would have to see the mgr at the restaurant to try and get it changed once onboard.

Thank you all for the quick responses. So I need to go to MDR maitre' D as soon as possible after boarding to change our date/time for specialty dinning. Got it, on the list of things to do!

If our booking says "free specialty dinning", does that mean the entire cruise or just 1 time? If it is 1 time I get that they would pre-arrange it, however if it is more than 1 time than do they just randomly pick a restaurant and time for you? Just curious, I have looked through our travel summary but it does not clearly state.

Thanks from a newbie!

Thank you all for the quick responses. So I need to go to MDR maitre' D as soon as possible after boarding to change our date/time for specialty dinning. Got it, on the list of things to do!

If our booking says "free specialty dinning", does that mean the entire cruise or just 1 time? If it is 1 time I get that they would pre-arrange it, however if it is more than 1 time than do they just randomly pick a restaurant and time for you? Just curious, I have looked through our travel summary but it does not clearly state.

Thanks from a newbie!

It's only once & you could probably get the date/time by calling the DINE line from your cabin.

Thanks from a newbie!

No........(not the MD in the DR) see the head waiter/manager at the specialty restaurant you are scheduled for or as Frank stated call the DINE line from your cabin phone. We never have luck getting through on the phone so I just head to the restaurant and talk to them directly so I know it's done.

It's usually a one time specialty restaurant visit.

Does anyone have favorites or suggestions from Sabatini's or the Bayou Café and Steakhouse??

Greg

I also enjoy the burrata at Sabatini's and their great pasta options. I like the penne & my wife prefers the seafood pasta and I could make a meal just from the Antipasti & Pasta courses!

Burrata alla Panna con Carpaccio di Pomodori

hand-formed cow’s milk cheese with creamy lava center on tomato carpaccio, balsamic syrup

Penne con Brasato di Manzo

braised short rib over penne, grana padano

Spaghetti allo Scoglio

langostino, diver scallops, tiger shrimp, vongole and black mussels in cherry tomato sauce

Also don't miss their tasty Italian desserts.

At Bayou Cafe I enjoyed the Carpetbaggers Trinity Smothered Filet of Beef which is described in another thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49058397

Edited by Astro Flyer

At Crown Grill we usually don't have to ask as the server will suggest that he bring all the sides and a platter of lobsters our with our steaks :-D

Ditto. And we also ordered from the waiter just one dessert but was offered and served instead a patter of different delicious desserts.

My wife and I and two sisters with their husband are sailing together with a "complimentary" specialty dinner. Princess says the specialty dinner time will be appointed by them. Can we get our dinner reserved at the same time, at the same restaurant? I assume we can request upon boarding that this happen; but does anyone have any experience in this area? Thank you !!

My wife and I and two sisters with their husband are sailing together with a "complimentary" specialty dinner. Princess says the specialty dinner time will be appointed by them. Can we get our dinner reserved at the same time, at the same restaurant? I assume we can request upon boarding that this happen; but does anyone have any experience in this area? Thank you !!

I've had the promo a few times, and I've never had a problem changing the reservation - changing the date or changing which restaurant. You may not be able to get the exact date and time you want, but you should have no problem changing it.

When you go to the specialty restaurant or call the DINE line, make sure you have the names and cabin numbers of the entire party.

In our experience several times with this promo.......

Normally the date/time is already assigned by Princess for embarkation evening.

You would have to see the mgr at the restaurant to try and get it changed once onboard.

Suites have complimentary specialty dining on embarkation evening, but I have never seen them assign embarkation evening with the specialty restaurant promo. Quite often, the note with the scheduled time doesn't arrive until that evening - or sometimes the next day.

Our TA gave us a specialty dinning "gift" as a thank you. I only discovered it by looking at my on board requests on line, it is scheduled for embarkation night! We are not in a suite. I think I will change this as I would like to try the MDR and see what it is like.

Suites have complimentary specialty dining on embarkation evening, but I have never seen them assign embarkation evening with the specialty restaurant promo. Quite often, the note with the scheduled time doesn't arrive until that evening - or sometimes the next day.

I say that because ours has been assigned most of the time on embarkation day.

We change it the majority of the time. ;)

OOPs! Thanks for the correction, I will head to the specialty Restaurant!

I hope to try both Sabbatini's and the Bayou Cafe, they sound wonderful!

Thanks again for the help.

My wife and I love the Bayou Cafe as it has the same great steaks as the Crown Grill plus some very good Cajun dishes. However, if you want a lobster tail with your steak you will pay extra for it at the Bayou Cafe.

At least that was the practice a couple of years ago when they charged $5 for a lobster tail about twice as big as the ones served in the main dinning rooms or Crown Grills.