Constellation Med BtoB Thoughts or Recs?

Bootman4U

Currently booked on a 9-night Adriatic and Med cruise out of Venice to Civitavecchia in August 2018. Thinking of adding (and currently have a 24-hour hold on) the 10-night onward leg which ends in Barcelona. First leg has ports we have never visited; second has several repeats but they are not deal breakers. Would be in the same cabin throughout.

Know folks rave about back-to-backs and just wondering if there are any major downsides I haven't thought of. Thanks for any thoughts, etc.

Currently booked on a 9-night Adriatic and Med cruise out of Venice to Civitavecchia in August 2018. Thinking of adding (and currently have a 24-hour hold on) the 10-night onward leg which ends in Barcelona. First leg has ports we have never visited; second has several repeats but they are not deal breakers. Would be in the same cabin throughout.

Know folks rave about back-to-backs and just wondering if there are any major downsides I haven't thought of. Thanks for any thoughts, etc.

When I cruise in Europe, I always do at least a B2B. Sometimes a B2B2B. To fly all the way over there and do only one cruise doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Actually, my preferred method is to have one of the legs be a TA, so I only have to fly one way. It's easy if you can keep your same cabin, although I once did a B2B2B and changed cabins every cruise because of what became available. The staff handled the moves, no problems. No downsides as far as I'm concerned.

Looks as if I'm doing the reverse of what you propose in May.

Thanks very much for your reply. I've been reading a couple other threads about BtoB cruises in terms of the "changeover" requirements, etc., and it seems pretty much straightforward and as expected.

Have sailed on this ship before as well as on other Celebrity sailings so pretty much know what to expect in that regard.

The longer you can stay on the ship, the better!:) We always look at a B2B as getting free airfare for the second leg. I agree Europe is a long way to go for a 9 day cruise. book the second one, you'll be glad you did.

Hi - we are doing the opposite to you - embarking in Barcelona on a 9 nighter then staying on in Venice for a 10 night in August 2018. For the ports you have already visited you could always stay on the ship as they are really port intensive cruises with not too many sea days. It's amazing to spend a day on the ship without the other passengers - it's like a ghost town.

Since we live in the middle of Alaska and fly to every embarkation port we almost always do B2B or B2B2B cruises with an occasional B2B2B2B. We have found that the air fare costs are frequently the same whether we do one leg or more.

I realize that the OP would be in the same cabin for each leg, but for those who have never done a B2B and have to change staterooms the moving process is easy peasy. But just be aware that non-refundable OBC will not be credited to the second leg, nor will unused internet minutes. From Celebrity's standpoint both legs of a B2B are separate cruises.

Thanks for all the helpful replies.

Since we never go abroad for only one activity (e.g., taking a cruise) the issue of extending the time spent doesn't apply in our case. We inevitably combine any cruise we take with at least a week if not two on land.

After a lot of thought we have decided against adding the second segment and instead will be cruising up the west coast of South America to San Diego on the Eclipse in March 2019 after having spent some time in Buenos Aires and surrounds first. Interestingly enough I managed to get the very last suite on that sailing although I know accommodations will open as time passes since people inevitably change their plans.

Thanks again for your interest which is appreciated.