Cancel and Rebook Question

cmurchake

Sailing with UBP and SDP. The new Free at Sea came out and for the same price I can get the same perks as well as $100 OBC. My sailing is a ways out, so is there any reason I shouldn't cancel and rebook the same cabin so that I can get the $100 OBC. Now that NCL doesn't give you an extra latitude point per night for booking 9+ months out I don't see why not.

As long as you're outside final payment, you can if you wish. The only thing that can happen though, is while the old booking is canceled and before the new one is done, you could lose that room. That happened to us once and we had to take a room further down the hall.

I actually booked last week so I won't have the extra latitude point. Anyone have a suggestion on the best way to rebook? I figured if I called NCL I should be able to receive the same cabin as before. I would rather not lose it as it is an angled balcony

I figured if I called NCL I should be able to receive the same cabin as before. I would rather not lose it as it is an angled balcony

call, it only takes them a minute or two to cancel and rebook.

I actually booked last week so I won't have the extra latitude point. Anyone have a suggestion on the best way to rebook? I figured if I called NCL I should be able to receive the same cabin as before. I would rather not lose it as it is an angled balcony

How did you book, with a TA or directly with NCL?

Sailing with UBP and SDP. The new Free at Sea came out and for the same price I can get the same perks as well as $100 OBC. My sailing is a ways out, so is there any reason I shouldn't cancel and rebook the same cabin so that I can get the $100 OBC. Now that NCL doesn't give you an extra latitude point per night for booking 9+ months out I don't see why not.

I just called ncl and they added the obc. No cancelling or rebooking necessary. It took about 10 minutes for 2 reservations.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I booked directly through NCL. It sounds like I may not even have to cancel/rebook, but if I do and can't get the same room I'll see if there are any other angled balconies left. Appreciate all the feedback!

I was told it takes a couple of hours for the canceled cabin to reappear as inventory in the system.

That certainly isn't always the case. I have cancelled and rebooked a couple of times and both times I got the same room back straight away.

I had to cancel and rebook and not even the Norwegian agent over the phone could keep our same rooms. I was told it takes a couple of hours for the canceled cabin to reappear as inventory in the system.

On our first cruise in 2012, we cancelled and rebooked on the phone with our travel agent when NCL announced the addition of UBP. Within 4 minutes, we were able to still keep the same balcony cabin. All we lost was the 7 point latitudes points when we had originally booked more than 9 months in advance.

I spoke with our TA about the additional $100 OBC NCL is now offering with the other "offers", we canceled and re booked in the same conversation, nothing changed (same suite) with the exception of an additional $100 OBC...Was almost too easy...Done..Cruising on the Pearl in 10164...

Rob:cool:

Ditto on getting the $100 OBC: NCL agent called it doing a 'refresh.' Hilarious mistake caught at the same time: after my age was listed, DH was listed as 1 year old!:o (Wrong Latitudes number too). The agent caught the mistake, not me--yay for him and now I will check my confirmation notices more carefully!