Solar Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Exotic Southern Caribbean

scubacruiserx2

Great photos, as always. Did you get a chance to take the Queen Emma for a ride? We did. They don't clear people already on the bridge before they open it. We were about half way along, stopped to take some photos, and the horn sounded. They opened to allow a pilot boat thru, and we got some great photos as the front of the bridge arced past the buildings on the other side. I was impressed by how quickly it can open and close again.

Oh no , we missed that ride it sounds like a hoot ! :) :D

Our energy was waning so we decided to look for a coffee shop like the kind that Amsterdam is famous for . Close , but no cigar .

IMG_9313_zpsgwkhkvbj.jpg

This sign would be nice reminder in case we forgot what port we were in today

IMG_9315_zps7kjgp74o.jpg

Behind this sign was a HUGE lizard

IMG_9316_zpsgpdps76b.jpg

DSC00056_zpshrhsg3ma.jpg

We saw a nice building that looked like a church but we think that it is a government building now

DSC00058_zpsqnmuquse.jpg

And behind it was a great view of the Eclipse

IMG_9318_zpscy2wx5mv.jpg

just finished your review of the TA 2 years ago! loved it! enjoying this one too! can't wait to board that beautiful ship!

Marsha

Wow , you have earned and deserve a Milk and a Dark pillow chocolate !

DSC00153_zpsmaunfck3.jpg

It won't be long now and it will be well worth the wait !! :) :D

The building where I took the photo of the Eclipse from has a dive shop , maybe next time .

DSC00064_zpsbzdftqph.jpg

Another colorful building on the way back to the synagogue

DSC00065-001_zpsailb0wuj.jpg

The courtyard

DSC00068_zpsme1hdfer.jpg

and entry

IMG_9323_zpsijwdztur.jpg

not really attired for a service

DSC00076_zpskkscxfra.jpg

73b29c28-5fec-45a9-a047-49ecf6a5c55f_zpstyaxxnva.jpg

In case you haven't noticed , the floor is covered in sand .

The first synagogue building was purchased in 1674; the current building dates from 1730.[2] One visitor to the synagogue observed, upon entering through a quiet courtyard, viewing the azure stained glass windows and walking across a sand covered floor toward the carved mahogany Holy Ark that the sand floors remind congregants "of how its Jewish ancestors on the Iberian peninsula covered the floors of their makeshift prayer houses so that their footsteps would be muffled and the suspicion of potential denouncers would not be aroused."

Wikipedia

It has been a busy week for us so I'm behind on my CC reading. I'm caught up here now.

Curacao looks beautiful. I am looking forward to stoppng there on our Konngsdam cruise.

Joe & Pat, I'm not sure if I mentioned to you in my reply to your email earlier how great it would be to have a couple of dive buddies on that cruise! :D

It has been a busy week for us so I'm behind on my CC reading. I'm caught up here now.

Curacao looks beautiful. I am looking forward to stoppng there on our Konngsdam cruise.

Joe & Pat, I'm not sure if I mentioned to you in my reply to your email earlier how great it would be to have a couple of dive buddies on that cruise! :D

Subtle hints???

Subtle hints???

We have been looking at various cruises for the next 2 years time according to our time and financial resources and it appears that we can't afford to get to Oz and NZ in that time frame . But we can afford a single big trip each year and it looks like Europe and Antarctica would fill that bill next year .

We also can afford a couple of small trips ( i.e. Caribbean ) that don't require international airfare or additional stays while there .

And when we looked at the cruise that Nancy and Barry are booked on (HAL to the ABC's in October) we saw that it is affordable and one that may work for us . So we emailed Nancy yesterday to see if she would like some dive buddies on their cruise . :cool:

We have been looking at various cruises for the next 2 years time according to our time and financial resources and it appears that we can't afford to get to Oz and NZ in that time frame . But we can afford a single big trip each year and it looks like Europe and Antarctica would fill that bill next year .

We also can afford a couple of small trips ( i.e. Caribbean ) that don't require international airfare or additional stays while there .

And when we looked at the cruise that Nancy and Barry are booked on (HAL to the ABC's in October) we saw that it is affordable and one that may work for us . So we emailed Nancy yesterday to see if she would like some dive buddies on their cruise . :cool:

Great work, Oz can wait, we are not going anywhere.:D

Great work, Oz can wait, we are not going anywhere.:D

We really look forward to visiting there . But we are still very busy with our grandsons ( they are currently on Spring break ) . In about 2 years Tyler will be able to drive and he becomes increasing independent , so do we ! :) :D

We really look forward to visiting there . But we are still very busy with our grandsons ( they are currently on Spring break ) . In about 2 years Tyler will be able to drive and he becomes increasing independent , so do we ! :) :D

Plenty of time for research and planning then if you are coming in a few years time. Allow time for dives on the Great Barrier Reef (North Queensland) and maybe even Ningaloo (Mid Western Australia coast) as well for the whale sharks.

Plenty of time for research and planning then if you are coming in a few years time. Allow time for dives on the Great Barrier Reef (North Queensland) and maybe even Ningaloo (Mid Western Australia coast) as well for the whale sharks.

Thank you Mic , we would to go and see that .

And in the synagogue the Torah was out and being read

IMG_9336_zps0ct5zwbo.jpg

We next headed to the museum

IMG_9337_zps6q9pkicy.jpg

There were replicas of tombstones in the small courtyard

IMG_9347_zpsbf2mlw99.jpg

The small 2 story museum did not allow photography

DSC00086_zpsob6awdq2.jpg

Inside one object and it's story drew my immediate attention . It was and old Leica camera and the story of the Leica Freedom Train .

The Leica is the pioneer 35mm camera. It is a German product -- precise, minimalist, and utterly efficient. Behind its worldwide acceptance as a creative tool was a family-owned, socially oriented firm that during the **** era acted with uncommon grace, generosity and modesty. E. Leitz, Inc., designer and manufacturer of Germany's most famous photographic product, saved the company's Jews.

And Ernst Leitz II, the steely-eyed Protestant patriarch who headed the closely held firm as the Holocaust loomed across Europe, acted in such a way as to earn the title, "The Photography Industry's Schindler."

Outside of the museum was the Mikvah ritual bath

IMG_9339_zpstkd1mh6b.jpg

And another tombstone . This one showed the crown of the High Priest and the hands of the High Priest spread in the traditional manner for the priestly Blessing .

DSC00088_zps6pjn1z1h.jpg

This is where Spock's character in Star Trek got the gesture from .

After leaving the synagogue it was starting to get warm so we headed back toward the ship . Before we got to the bridge we heard some really LOUD music !!!

IMG_9353_zpswq8v7ech.jpg

The bridge was filled with the students Carnival parade

IMG_9356_zpsws8kfb6a.jpg

So of course we decided to stay and watch

IMG_9358_zps9kjf1xd1.jpg

IMG_9359_zpsbkdrqmju.jpg

IMG_9368_zpseqvhaqyz.jpg

IMG_936920Stitch-001_zpsptfre772.jpg

Loving your photographs. You capture the ambiance so well. Feel like I'm there alongside you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well thank you I do appreciate that . There was a good light and a lot of color and interesting people there . But to capture all the energy we needed a video . Here's a group practicing their routine

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Our thoughts , prayers and sympathy go to the victims , families and people of London and the UK after this latest barbaric act of a terrorist . We hope that things will get better soon .

Ditto, the worst thing with these acts is it can happen anywhere, anytime.

We just need to keep on carrying on.

And it seems like it keeps getting smaller . Our SIL 's family lives in San Antonio ! And we , like singinalot , have also been to Ireland including the famous and beautiful Ring of Kerry .

1b96845f-1d86-4af9-ac8a-530a33ec9c16_zpsvqvt09dh.jpg

Sneem

IMG_2065-Copy.jpg

Cork

IMG_2089.jpg

The Cliffs of Moher

5866402c-23c5-4699-8b8d-9ca3c3ca2cc9_zpsmgtn82dj.jpg

And in Northern Ireland

The Giant's Causeway

5df385f1-3154-40d5-ad19-b78ad92e3ad6_zpszg4ggr3m.jpg

and Carrick-a -Rede

IMG_1591.jpg

A beautiful country with some wonderful people !

Loving your review & was so surprised to see these pictures of Ireland. I've been to everyone of those places several times as my DMIL was from Co. Donegal, so we would take her home quite often. Brings back lots of great memories. Hoping to go back soon to visit all the cousins! Thanks for posting & your so right, the Irish are a wonderful people, I know, I married one!!

I just wanted to be sure that Joe and Pat know we would think it was awesome if that sailing works out for them! :D