Solar Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Exotic Southern Caribbean

scubacruiserx2

Enjoying every minute and loving the pictures.

Your dinner looks amazing. I love red wine from the Chile region. I wish more people took the time to venture out and enjoy the locals, food, shopping, etc. Many people don't go past the port area shopping and they miss so much.

Enjoying every minute and loving the pictures.

Your dinner looks amazing. I love red wine from the Chile region. I wish more people took the time to venture out and enjoy the locals, food, shopping, etc. Many people don't go past the port area shopping and they miss so much.

Thank you , we did enjoy it , perhaps a bit too much since we were stuffed like turkeys on Thanksgiving ! We do agree with your philosophy and try to set off on our on a lot , or go with a local guide as we did on the 2nd day .

When we went from Santiago to Valparaiso in Chile we used a ship's trip from the airport to the port . On the bus we past by the Veramonte Vineyards

IMG_0236-001_zpsb58c482b.jpg

and stopped at some tourist spot selling stuff instead . I do wish that we would have stopped at the vineyards instead !

IMG_0219-001_zps2ec9e67d.jpg

Let's eat meat !!

First plate = Chicken , chorizo , filet and pork ribs . The spectators were broccoli and smashed red potatoes .

DSC00242_zpsaijllf0t.jpg

Second plate = More of the same + beef short ribs .

DSC00243_zpszfixzlog.jpg

Near the end of the second plate the larger room was receiving some larger groups .

DSC00247_zps7qju27hg.jpg

And in our cubby - dessert of course

DSC00248_zpsl1sayzmb.jpg

The bill was about $100 we we felt was worth it . We would recommend this place with 1 recommendation . We would order the meat rare instead of the usual medium rare . The wait for the taxi .

DSC00250_zpsckh0nojq.jpg

We had taken a plate for our lovely cabin attendant with the hope of persuading the boarding personnel to consider her appetite . Hopefully , as we told them , it found a good home .

DSC00244_zpsdn0xlpsr.jpg

Pat, I love your booking! We will have great next door neighbors! Also, I'm looking forward to having great dive buddies! I'm excited! :D Where will we be diving?

We are excited too ! We would consider all of the ABC's for diving but we have already seen the islands . Do you and Barry want a lot island time in lieu of dive time ? In Bonaire we would like to think about a boat dive this time to save time and wear and tear on the knees .

We wish that you and Rosie could join us !! :) :D

Likewise, although I do not dive (doctor's orders), I am sure we would enjoy the experience (swimming and snorkelling) anyway and cruising with friends (even if we haven't met yet) always makes a cruise that much better.:D

Likewise, although I do not dive (doctor's orders), I am sure we would enjoy the experience (swimming and snorkelling) anyway and cruising with friends (even if we haven't met yet) always makes a cruise that much better.:D

That's for sure ! There were some snorkelers from the ship when we dove in St. Lucia and we had a great time together .

And some of our most awe inspiring dives were with a snorkel ( no scuba allowed ) with Tyler and some scuba friends .

P1040375-001_zpsad06394a.jpg

A whale shark

6c2c36df-ae35-4f44-ad3d-794917043f98_zpswr0bpefh.jpg

Whale shark video :

A Manta ray

00842ffa-cd5d-4efc-978b-40d37ee70946_zpswzmq0zx9.jpg

Manta ray video :

The Celebrity Today for our second day in Aruba

DSC00252_zpsjihns8ul.jpg

DSC00255_zpskxatujit.jpg

DSC00254-001_zpstshlg3dy.jpg

DSC00253_zps4yqtvsic.jpg

We met our guide for the day Esther who was born on the island and lived here all of her life

IMG_9783_zpskxtyfqde.jpg

We began our tour downtown near where we had dinner the night before . Esther told us about the blue horses that we would be seeing .

http://www.aruba.com/our-island/paardenbaai-aruba-0

DSC0026520Stitch-001_zps2n4rpyvy.jpg

You are in my favorite port, Aruba. We vacation there every February. The beach in the pictures that you just posted are of Eagle Beach. I can see my resort in the background of one of the pictures. Palm Beach is more congested. I'm glad that you enjoyed El Gaucho. We haven't eaten there in a long time.

I am happy for all of you.:D

We wish that you and Rosie could join us !! :) :D

Mic, Barry and I wish you and Rosie could join us, too! :cool: We do understand, though, what a long trip that would be for you. That long trip is why we haven't made it down your way yet, even though that trip is really high on my bucket list.

We are excited too ! We would consider all of the ABC's for diving but we have already seen the islands . Do you and Barry want a lot island time in lieu of dive time ? In Bonaire we would like to think about a boat dive this time to save time and wear and tear on the knees .

I completely agree with you about wanting to do a boat dive in Bonaire! I had already emailed 2 dive shops in Bonaire before you mentioned booking this cruise, one of them being VIP. Both shops replied, saying they do beach dives. I have been having nightmares about me and dive entries over ironshore ever since! :eek: I haven't replied to either shop yet because I have been trying to decide if I am willing to deal with the shore entries there. :confused: We go to Vegas at the end of this month, so I've got cruise planning mostly on the back burner until we get home from that trip.

As for island time, that is secondary to dive time for me. I figure I can tour any island I want after I get too old to dive safely! :eek: Barry may go off on his own while we are diving if there is something he wants to do. He doesn't usually come along with me on dives because he would rather spend his time exploring the port than sitting on a dive boat waiting for me to surface.

I would consider snorkeling as an option if we decide that too many days of diving in a row would be more than we want to take on. I know that both of you have a lot of good, old fashioned common sense which carries over into your diving. That is a big part of why I'm so excited to have you as dive buddies.

If you don't want to turn this review thread into a planning thread, I did start a roll call for the Koningsdam cruise. So far I'm the only one there. Most of the HAL roll calls seem pretty quiet. Either that, or you have my email. I don't want to get this thread too far off topic on you.